• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you playing them then? I just watched the credits roll and I've done very few optional quests, I've just bee-lined the main quests. I'll do the optionals, but later...

I wish I could do that but I have a habit of doing all the optional quests before the main stuff for any game. It's annoying.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having trouble getting Shara tenderplates , any suggestions to get them easier?
I used Barioth Lance with Partbreaker 3. It hits high enough that you can actually hit the head a lot of the time without having to rely on a trip.

I see other people using the Velkhana LBG though.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'm using Vaal LBG , is that good enough , if not , any other bowguns people would recommend( besides Narga, since I have it as well).

Edit: Any know any good elemental LBG?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
What's the best way to farm lvl 2 tempered investigations? I'm looking for prints at every locale but I get one every five trips more or less, I even get MR investigations while doing so (always selecting HR expeditions).

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to farm lvl 2 tempered investigations? I'm looking for prints at every locale but I get one every five trips more or less, I even get MR investigations while doing so (always selecting HR expeditions).

I believe you need to be above MR70 to get them.

Edit: Wait, HR expeditions? Why are you looking for tier 2 HR tempered monsters?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I believe you need to be above MR70 to get them.

Edit: Wait, HR expeditions? Why are you looking for tier 2 HR tempered monsters?

Apparently I need to hunt 7 different lvl 2 tempered monsters to get the Evasion mantle, I've only hunted 2 but I can't manage to get new investigations at a tolerable pace. I also need three lvl for Rocksteady but I already have two investigations up to go so that's not a big trouble.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Equip the ghillie mantle and collect a bunch of tracks from the dual tempered Bazelguese quest.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's really good idea, thx.
Yeah, I'm going to do this too. I'm not a fan how the game puts the World content completely in the background, even though there *is* lots of important stuff to better not miss out on (mantles, boosters gadgets... etc)

That said, Shrieking Legiana went down on first try , using my rarity 9 thunder bow with sub optimal build, I kinda enjoyed the fight though it was fun (vitality / iceproof mantles ftw)

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
I just got 5 mantles from an Acidic Glavenus investigation, one was from the plunder blade. I feel like that's not supposed to happen lol

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to take a long time to get a complete set of Shara armor :/
Shara armor is yet another reason to wish that the game had full transmog.

It looks outstanding, but nothing about the skills appeals to me. Even the set bonus is kinda whack, just because it requires you to cover up your awesome looking armor with a boring mantle.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
never experienced any MH expansions how much content should i expect from it compared to the base game , don't want to get spoiled since i'm waiting for it on PC.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
never experienced any MH expansions how much content should i expect from it compared to the base game , don't want to get spoiled since i'm waiting for it on PC.
Over 20 monsteras that weren't in vanilla World (a mix of brand new monsters and subspecies/variants, as well as returning monsters and subspecies/variants), two new zones, new moves for the weapons, and master rank versions of most of the monsters from the base game (a few don't get master rank versions such as Zorah).

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played the game in about 8 months, carted 4 times to Beotodus(sp?) first monster. I'm hoping it's my gear ha!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure the final boss LS is worth over Namielle's one, unless you have a good level of Handicraft. The white sharpness (and even blue!) it has is patetic for a MR final boss LS.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it could def be your gear. standard IB gear has more defense than the highest gear in the base game
Yeah, and I certainly didn't have the highest gear in the game. I had the gear with the wiggly blue wings on it. Can't remember what it was. I'll get cracking on some MR bone stuff and get properly stuck in.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
BTW those that say you can kart as many times as you want to in Guiding Lands while this is true as I went in there without any food buffs I ended up karting I did get a message saying "Rewards will be decreased" so beware

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure the final boss LS is worth over Namielle's one, unless you have a good level of Handicraft. The white sharpness (and even blue!) it has is patetic for a MR final boss LS.
Nah, the purple sharpness with handicraft alone makes it worth it. Combine with 100% affinity and master's touch and you have a great end game LS. Element is ass on LS due to the way helm splitter works so the addition of water on Namielle's doesn't do much. Of course the Namielle LS is perfectly usable if you don't care about being 100% optimal.

Of course both most likely lose out to the Gold Rathian LS, if it's like the other GR weapons.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, the purple sharpness with handicraft alone makes it worth it. Combine with 100% affinity and master's touch and you have a great end game LS. Element is ass on LS due to the way helm splitter works so the addition of water on Namielle's doesn't do much. Of course the Namielle LS is perfectly usable if you don't care about being 100% optimal.

Of course both most likely lose out to the Gold Rathian LS, if it's like the other GR weapons.

Well, yeah that's why I said you need handicraft jewels. With proper equipment it can be better for sure, but you need to build around it, Namielle seems (in my noob eyes) better if you don't have the equipment required.

Sadly, even after +200 hours and even after having some attack jewels, I don't have Handicraft jewels :( I do't know how to fit my slots to get purple with equipment without losing other skills like WE.

Basically... I really miss my Drachen lol MR shows you how OP that armor was.

BTW those that say you can kart as many times as you want to in Guiding Lands while this is true as I went in there without any food buffs I ended up karting I did get a message saying "Rewards will be decreased" so beware

Didn't try because I'm pretty new on that area but I did read the decrease on rewards is barely noticeable.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I was all high on the expansion but I just found out you can't use either of the two cameras to take pictures while holding the Poogie so fuck this game.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah that's why I said you need handicraft jewels. With proper equipment it can be better for sure, but you need to build around it, Namielle seems (in my noob eyes) better if you don't have the equipment required.

Sadly, even after +200 hours and even after having some attack jewels, I don't have Handicraft jewels :( I do't know how to fit my slots to get purple with equipment without losing other skills like WE.

Basically... I really miss my Drachen lol MR shows you how OP that armor was.
Ah yeah, it always sucks when you don't even get a single key deco like handicraft after so many hours.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Are there any good guides for Iceborne Insect glaive builds for endgame? Curious what I should be aiming for

I main IG and am deep into the end game , currently MR 71. As with all builds, depending on what you prioritize (offense or defense) will dictate what you should shoot for. I go for a mix of both personally. But here's my default build that's allowed me to solo the entire game so far. I say default because I'll switch things up when necessary against certain monsters but for a catch all set of gear it's the following;

EEhtc_LUcAAdv6K

EEht1CCUUAANr4s

I love earplugs so that's almost always mandatory for me as well as stun resist. Keeps me alive. Using the Insect Glaive in particular I love power prolonger to keep my buffs active. Airborne grants a great damage increase at 30% so slotting that in is wise. I have a bit of crit and extra crit damage, as well as using a non elemental weapon and working the non elemental boost decoration for extra damage as well. I prioritize pieces of gear that have really good slots since I have a lot of decoration options and I'm not going for any set bonuses. So I tend to choose gear that has an ability or two I desire yet also has plenty of room for mods. But this has been wonderful for endgame.

Once I start being able to Augment the weapons I'll open up even more options, or when I'm able to upgrade my earplugs charm to level 4 that'll be awesome too. Still lots of room to improve of course.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know the palico tools got new abilities, ie the revive for the vigorwasp. Do you need to do anything to get these abilities or is it automatic?

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat Zinogre, unlocked Yian Garuga. I honestly dislike the grinding at this point of the game.

The guiding lands is a great concept but they need to adjust the totals for grinding monsters. I can kill an elder dragon like Kirin and the bar goes up by a fifth of the total; meanwhile other regions are decreasing. It makes it way more grindy than it should be.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rock shot can be triggered accidentally by doing the five-shot combo too fast.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Well final velky boy just sent me for the triple cart, single player is becoming quite the slog.

I mean I'm hardly expecting a walkover, it's the equivalent to G rank and a dragon made just for the occasion, but area of effect attacks and sweeping beams all day long is not the one for my hammer time.

Granted I'm currently the salt because every death seemed to come from being knocked down and getting up in an AoE icicle impalement where only putting away my hammer and pulling off a dive could even hope to save me.
/Post fight salty scrubby musings