• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to get some sleep, for the next five days shall be spent in Iceborne!

Happy hunting everyone!

banter

Jan 12, 2018
So what is this new endgame that a lot of reviews mention in vagueries?
The guiding lands, new area that is split in 4 parts (resembling older areas) that the more you hunt in it levels up the area and introduces you to new stronger monsters. Also augmenting system got an overhaul that is too complicated for me to try to explain here, but there are several things in subreddits about it and also in the open apoiler thread. You can also change how the weapons look with weapon mods, and no, i dont mean the pendants.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Have played some and...this has the potential to be my GOTY if expansions are allowed.

The music in Seliana really encapsulates the feel of adventure, and the new map is amazing.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
Still one hour plus to go..
pdvuwinxq3a31.gif

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Played for 4 hours and a half but it's 4:45 in the morning and in a few hours I have to work so I reluctantly go to sleep.
I love the feeling of starting a new Monster Hunter phase when there's more to do than you can chew.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Damn. Just found out that none of my Hunter friends are playing at launch. Time to pug with double weeb-blade and bow groups on repeat.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Just preordered. Is the game already downloaded/updated? I only was able to download some themes

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I really don't understand the five month delay for PC.
I've been complaining about it basically in every MH thread, it really sucks a lot.
So what is this new endgame that a lot of reviews mention in vagueries?
Guiding lands is simlar to 4U guild quests, seems like you can only go there as expedition and you level the biomes to get stronger mosnters, while decreasing the others.
Also weapon augmenting got completely revamped. The main difference from world endgame is that you will hunt several different monsters instead of just hunting EDs.

Oct 27, 2017
So as a PC player...naturally I'm behind on the PS4 version but I have that 35GB update. Does anyone know what it entails for us who haven't bought Iceborne yet? Do we get the clutch claw and stuff or it is just taking up that space for no reason for us?

Edit: A friend pointed out it is probably in case I play with someone with the Iceborne gear...this makes sense.

Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
To get people like me who are impatient to buy it on console only to double dip on PC.
Terrible choice, double dippers are such a minority and releasing a game 5 months later completely evaporates all the hype. Just imagine how much MHW would have sold if it did launch day and date, easily 1 mln more than it did.
So as a PC player...naturally I'm behind on the PS4 version but I have that 35GB update. Does anyone know what it entails for us who haven't bought Iceborne yet? Do we get the clutch claw and stuff or it is just taking up that space for no reason for us?
you need IB installed to use clucth claw and new moves.

May 9, 2019
I played earlier with the update but I had purchased Iceborne so I'm not entirely sure. What I saw was New UI for certain interactions, layer armor is now craftable in smithy and can buy individual pieces.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I feel for my PC bros...

You guys do.get the definitive version and sweet mods that will extend playtime well beyond when it dries up for us

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Terrible choice, double dippers are such a minority and releasing a game 5 months later completely evaporates all the hype. Just imagine how much MHW would have sold if it did launch day and date, easily 1 mln more than it did.
Well considering MHW ended up being one of Capcom's biggest launches ever, I think they'd see their decision as justified. Idk where it stood with previous Fromsoft behemoths but I would not be surprised if it beat them or came close. On top of that the game held its numbers longer than any Japanese PC title.

I dont think the delay has anything to do with trying to scam double dippers but more of a development issue. It seems Capcom wants to keep PC ports in house now but the MH studio can't get them in time for w/e reason.

NNN

Nov 1, 2017
I wish I had at least the PS4 Pro, I would've gotten the expansion right now. I have the Vanilla PS the game runs like a potato (barely reaching 30FPS). I do own the PC version but you know this won't come out until 2020 :(

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I had at least the PS4 Pro, I would've gotten the expansion right now. I have the Vanilla PS the game runs like a potato (barely reaching 30FPS). I do own the PC version but you know this won't come out until 2020 :(
MHW doesn't exactly run amazingly on a PS4 Pro either. Maybe the performance is better in the expansion?

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
I feel for my PC bros...

You guys do.get the definitive version and sweet mods that will extend playtime well beyond when it dries up for us
The port is not even that good to warrant a 5 months delay tbh.
Well considering MHW ended up being one of Capcom's biggest launches ever, I think they'd see their decision as justified. Idk where it stood with previous Fromsoft behemoths but I would not be surprised if it beat them or came close. On top of that the game held its numbers longer than any Japanese PC title.

I dont think the delay has anything to do with trying to scam double dippers but more of a development issue. It seems Capcom wants to keep PC ports in house now but the MH studio can't get them in time for w/e reason.
Oh I agree on the reason, I just think you can get away with delays only so much before losing potential customers

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017

you need IB installed to use clucth claw and new moves.

Sadly, looking at MHW, GTA5, etc. I don't think that's really the case. The hype still gets built if the game has great WoM from the console releases. The same is true with PC games that get late console ports.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Too tired. I'll save this for the weekend when I don't feel like death.

Happy hunting to everyone else, and don't forget your hot drinks.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Is it live? IS IT LIVE?!

*refreshes game*

Literally just thought of using this clip for the whole "laughing hysterially while saying, "IT IS TIME!"" part. ^__^ LET'S DO THIS!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
The title drop :)
Excited for this new journey :)

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Just a friendly heads up in case anyone is going straight to the new world. Be sure to do the Clutch Claw Tutorial for achievement and to get one final run-through of it to know what you can do with it. Seems silly to say, but never hurts to brush up on what likely will be a big assistance in Iceborne, including grappling onto flying monsters when someone mounts on it. No more watching idly by until it drops out of the sky!

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
First thing I did before jumping into the game: gave my character longer hair and beard to make it look like a proper timeskip.

I take my role playing seriously, goddammit.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if my PS4 is dying, but are load times in iceborne extremely bad? Trying to load the first thing after the first cut scene and this this is taking like 5 minutes to load