• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So yeah, if you join an SOS investigation, it seems now it will ALWAYS drop you out of camp.

Did 3 SOS investigations, has dropped me out of camp 3 times.

Kind of fucking annoying.

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, its just an extra step where I have to load the map. Sometimes quickly because it drops you literally infront of the monster even if no one has engaged it yet. Like, it dropped me infront of teostra and I already started to draw aggro and when you do, you cant fast travel.

What an absolute stupid change.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, its just an extra step where I have to load the map. Sometimes quickly because it drops you literally infront of the monster even if no one has engaged it yet. Like, it dropped me infront of teostra and I already started to draw aggro and when you do, you cant fast travel.

This was always a thing in High Rank in older titles, but it makes farrrrrrrrrrr less sense now that fast travel to camps is a thing. I mean, it was always a thing if you brought a farcaster, but now... this just seems a bit silly. I agree.

Though I guess there is a silver lining if you get the rare gather points?

When accidentally dropping into an area other than the camp when the quest starts, the player will end up either in an area with good gathering points or in the same area as the monster.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

So now I gotta huff to a camp to eat, buff, and other stuff instead going straight there to begin with? I bet Capcom will change it back. No one is going to respond to sos investigations if it's like that.

Oct 25, 2017
This was always a thing in High Rank in older titles, but it makes farrrrrrrrrrr less sense now that fast travel to camps is a thing. I mean, it was always a thing if you brought a farcaster, but now... this just seems a bit silly. I agree.

Though I guess there is a silver lining if you get the rare gather points?

But yeah, its supposed to be "accidentally". Does that terminology mean 100% drop rate?

So now I gotta huff to a camp to eat, buff, and other stuff instead going straight there to begin with? I bet Capcom will change it back. No one is going to respond to sos investigations if it's like that.

It literally dropped me 15 feet infront of Teostra. I opened the book and just found the most obvious camp and went and the fucking thing already started roaring at me as I was flying away. A few more seconds and I would have been stuck there.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Why do I have a feeling they do this to discourage people for using SOS for grouping and encourage the use of Sessions/Lobby more ? :/

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Wait wut? Not for me. Every time I changed loadouts they never transferred. Every time I changed loadouts, and I only had one attack gem, it would not transfer over. Even though I saved it to the second loadout.
We're talking armor sets right? I have like ~60 armor sets and I can switch between them fine and the decorations will change as well. Not sure if you're missing something there.
Nope, I have the option to meld them and I've never beaten ancient leshen.
Even if you can meld the Mutagen how would you get the delivery request to proc without clearing the quest?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Falling from the bird has been a staple of MH for a while now. Difference is World allows you to fast travel. You guys are spoiled.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I didnt initiate the download but my PS4 was in rest mode when I wasn't playing it today so I guess it worked...if I go to my MHW icon and check my 2 DLC,it says Iceborne is installed alongside the theme...only thing I had to download was the dynamic theme...hope it's done.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I have a feeling they do this to discourage people for using SOS for grouping and encourage the use of Sessions/Lobby more ? :/

Lobby is stupid.

The whole implementation of the lobby system is underutilized and stupid.

I'm not going to load into the fucking gathering hub to MAYBE see 1 other person if I'm lucky. Its a complete waste of time. And I'm not gonna sit there and look for good investigations that 1/10000000000 chance someone has posted.

Nah, gonna stick with SOS. Just another annoyance.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Falling from the bird has been a staple of MH for a while now. Difference is World allows you to fast travel. You guys are spoiled.
The best thing is there was no bird before, you would just randomly end up in Area 7 or something instead of the camp for no apparent reason.
Lobby is stupid.

The whole implementation of the lobby system is underutilized and stupid.

I'm not going to load into the fucking gathering hub to MAYBE see 1 other person if I'm lucky. Its a complete waste of time. And I'm not gonna sit there and look for good investigations that 1/10000000000 chance someone has posted.

Nah, gonna stick with SOS. Just another annoyance.
I think they want you to meet and make friends with other hunters, like it used to be. Now it's all one night stands with the SOS-ing.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017

Ha! To be fair, it never dropped us right into the line of sight of the monster. =P Back then the rando-drop was to add difficulty because you had no map and had to know where to go. Now it is to add difficulty because HI MONSTER AGGRO!

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing is there was no bird before, you would just randomly end up in Area 7 or something instead of the camp for no apparent reason.

I think they want you to meet and make friends with other hunters, like it used to be. Now it's all one night stands with the SOS-ing.

I'd LOVE if it was like Destiny, where you go back to the tower and everyone is hanging out doing shit.

But its not.

Its a completely seperate area that you have to load into that has half the services so you have to leave the gathering hub to do shit and 99% of the time rarely anyone is in there.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
We're talking armor sets right? I have like ~60 armor sets and I can switch between them fine and the decorations will change as well. Not sure if you're missing something there.

Even if you can meld the Mutagen how would you get the delivery request to proc without clearing the quest?
You don't need the delivery quest anymore.
I just melded one and the layered armor showed up at the smithy.

oOQwsGv.jpg

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I'd LOVE if it was like Destiny, where you go back to the tower and everyone is hanging out doing shit.

But its not.

Its a completely seperate area that you have to load into that has half the services so you have to leave the gathering hub to do shit and 99% of the time rarely anyone is in there.

The new gathering hub has more or less everything you need.

Darvan

Oct 27, 2017
Nevada
Another change concerning music when you mount a monster the music has been changed with a clapping sound of theme.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why there is a gathering hub at all to be honest.

Whats the point? Make 1 single area everyone goes into and just alter the area so there is a little more breathing room. Why are there 2 areas?

It's a "relic" from older games where village is completely offline and you need to go to Gathering Hub to play with others.

World being able to access multiplayer content from anywhere makes Gathering Hub redundant, doesn't help in vanilla World, it lack any facilities+long loading time.

Oct 25, 2017
Falling from bird is already in base game World,, but it looks like now it have 100% chance happening with SOS ?

No one else is confirming it on here.

I can tell you right now, its happened 4 out of 4 times for me. Specifically doing investigations on tempered monsters, hr 30 and hr 50 joining an SOS investigation in progress.

Before it would happen maybe like 1 out of 6 times. Pretty rare.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
So I never beat Behemoth; should I try to power through and beat him before tomorrow night or would it be better to just wait and get some master rank weapons/armor to fight him?

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
So I stopped playing MHW about 60 hours in, at the point when I was tracking the elder dragons. I've picked it up again for Iceborne but I am getting destroyed by Kushala Daora. Any tips? I'm using the Nergal Gash switch axe and the Odogaron alpha set.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but are the new weapon moves added in? Tried doing that overhead attack for SA but it's not working.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I stopped playing MHW about 60 hours in, at the point when I was tracking the elder dragons. I've picked it up again for Iceborne but I am getting destroyed by Kushala Daora. Any tips? I'm using the Nergal Gash switch axe and the Odogaron alpha set.
Flash pods. They absolutely destroy Kushala.

Oct 25, 2017

I hate Kushala in general. Especially when he starts making all those wind tornadoes and its hard as hell to maneuver.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm the opposite, I love his tornadoes. Makes me feel like I'm up against something that's actually tougher than me and can make the battlefield his own.

Nah, I'm just there to grind mats lol.

My dream scenario is I hope into a monster fight and the mosnter has glitched out and is frozen, allowing me to wail on him till dead.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
I'm the opposite, I love his tornadoes. Makes me feel like I'm up against something that's actually tougher than me and can make the battlefield his own.

He moves so much and so erratically that it's more annoying than hard to me. I lament the Flash Pod nerf for Kushala more than any other monster in the base game. Flashing him out of the air on repeat was the only way that I could stand that fight.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
He moves so much and so erratically that it's more annoying than hard to me. I lament the Flash Pod nerf for Kushala more than any other monster in the base game. Flashing him out of the air on repeat was the only way that I could stand that fight.

They really need to tweak Kushala behavior tbh. Flash spam is borderline cheese and yet it's the only way to not make his fight annoying.

Maybe tone down his flying->tornado moveset and give him more ground based moveset to compensate.

Edit: same with Azure Rathalos.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Tried flash pods but he just hits too hard. Sometimes he'll fall to the ground after a flash pod and be completely protected by his wind shield too.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
This update feels amazing, performance has increased drastically on base PS4 and HDR looks so much better. Sound effects for hits also seem different, atleast on hammer.

I can't wait for Iceborne!