• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get these complaints. I'm about 115 hours into the game and I dung pod immediately when I want a monster to leave. At MR104 I've had exactly one hunt where the monsters wouldn't leave and they kept going to the same areas afterwards. It's a very small occurrence.
You'll see this a lot more the more you play. If two monsters one the map share the same zone rotation pattern then you'll see them constantly bump into each other.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
You'll see this a lot more the more you play. If two monsters one the map share the same zone rotation pattern then you'll see them constantly bump into each other.

You're saying the frequency will increase post MR100? I know I can't dung elders but there will only be one more monster on the map and that one will be "dungable".

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
You're saying the frequency will increase post MR100? I know I can't dung elders but there will only be one more monster on the map and that one will be "dungable".
Oh, it won't be a big issue in GL unless Banbaro is there.

I'm talking about investigations. Having to try and kill Brute Tigrex while Brachy and Jho follow you around nightmare.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
and its not retro-active?.
What? It's just like normal weapons and armor. Once you have a specific part (for the first time, it is retroactive) needed to craft it, it shows up.

Aww, looks like it's only some of the low rank layered armor. :/
It's low/rank rank up to a certain point. You'll likely get the latter monsters, elders, and gamma sets with safi and stiggy like console players did.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
What? It's just like normal weapons and armor. Once you have a specific part (for the first time, it is retroactive) needed to craft it, it shows up.

It's low/rank rank up to a certain point. You'll likely get the latter monsters, elders, and gamma sets with safi and stiggy like console players did.

Thought it was going to be all low rank with high rank coming later. Oh well. Sadly it stops right before some of the better stuff like Legiana and Odoggo too.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You said "all monsters" which isn't the case yet.

Console players still don't have any of the MR armors.
Gotcha, first I thought we were getting all the armors(at least the low/high rank stuff), and then when you said I was wrong I thought you were talking about us not having a way to glamour over armor.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Rainbow Great Jagras. Can double jump and air dash across the map. The dash isn't animated. Pukes skittles. Literal skittles. They got the license.

I'm sure that Capcom's hand forced the trailer to be released sooner rather than later. As much as they would have loved to get it at a convention or expo, the roadmap schedule is the roadmap schedule and has to be the priority.

Also, holy crap, do folks struggle with Rajang's jumping projectile. One investigation saw three carts (it was a five-cart) and almost back-to-back because of that move. Thankfully, the one player that managed to get grabbed by him was fortunate enough that I had Bomb Pods available to shoot at him to get him off their back, so we were able to complete it.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
PC patch today murdered my performance, from mid 70s in Seliana to 40ish and stuttering.

And causing me to crash constantly. :/

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Be honest. Is this even worth playing without Iceborne? I still haven't finished all the elder dragons and still suck pretty badly at the game but it just seems like there's so many quality of life things added in the expansion that make playing the base game pointless, like the grappling hook and gems.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty anxious going in to fight Rajang with all of the hyping up he's been getting, but I guess GS is a decent match up for him. Definitely annoying though and I can see some weapons being a pain for sure. And maybe playing with others makes him worse like a lot of monsters.

Also, is there a new cumulative level cap in the GLands? Or is it still the same?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Be honest. Is this even worth playing without Iceborne? I still haven't finished all the elder dragons and still suck pretty badly at the game but it just seems like there's so many quality of life things added in the expansion that make playing the base game pointless, like the grappling hook and gems.
It's still fun without Iceborne, but Iceborne is definitely worth it.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm absolutely awful at fighting Black Diablos. Feels like any time I get knocked down I'm going to die because it just never stops attacking with giant hitboxes.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I'm not seeing any framerate tanks or crashes since the patch, that sounds terrible. It's also nice to have Layered Armor for the masses now, instead of a few event-based pieces. I was already using the transmog mod, but now I have some legit sets of my favorite low and high rank stuff too.

Now, if you're at the point where you can get the mats there's finally no excuse to wear a mixed set clown suit (unless your mixed set pieces actually match).