• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Hunting Tomorrow PC Hunters!

Happy to finally have you in the fold!

Enjoy Iceborne. Its absolutely incredible

Oct 25, 2017
The "master edition" which is a $60 game that includes both World and Iceborne. But it apparently won't be available for sale on Steam until the game goes live tomorrow afternoon.
Ahh the coward capcom not letting me preload those juicy deals. I'll just wait then lol. I can play my gf's copy of MH:W on library sharing until then.

Jan 4, 2018
Been months since I played Monster Hunter but I'm excited to jump back in for Iceborne. Gotta finish the base game though. Currently on Teostra, which is the last of the three monsters I've gotta deal with during this quest step.

Decided to try something different and swap weapon styles for a bit. I've been a Hammer main but I'm branching out into Hunting Horn because I wanna feel like I'm doing something with some complexity while maintaining the feeling of getting to bash a dinosaur's head in.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it best to just get the Defender set to start Iceborne?
You'll be replacing the Defender set almost immediately if you did. It only offers two level 1 decoration slots across the entire set, starts at 50 armor and will cap out at about 70 per piece with max upgrades (Not counting Augments, because I'm not going to blow materials to see what that looks like). Even the lousiest Master Rank set starts north of 110 defense per piece, will offer more sockets, and it isn't difficult to get Health Boost 3 from the jump if you're worried about survivability.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Oh does the expansion come with any sort of free one time item to change your characters look?
The steam page doesn't say it does I think, but it is PC gaming, you can simply edit your character without needing an actual ticket. Or you can get another ticket too by changing some variable somewhere. So that really shouldn't be too much of a concern regardless.

Is there any point in keeping HR gear when Iceborne launches tomorrow?
Armor not necessarily I think(I believe the new layered system doesn't require the actual armors), but weapons often upgrade into better version with MR mats, they're often part of the same trees. They also said something about KT weapons in the future. So no real reason to throw most stuff away.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
Armor not necessarily I think(I believe the new layered system doesn't require the actual armors), but weapons often upgrade into better version with MR mats, they're often part of the same trees. They also said something about KT weapons in the future. So no real reason to throw most stuff away.

Ya, guess I should have mentioned armor only. I knew weapons may be needed. I still have stuff like Odogaron and Tobi-kadachi armor in my inventory. I never did the KT stuff, so nothing to worry about there.

Thanks.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Ya, guess I should have mentioned armor only. I knew weapons may be needed. I still have stuff like Odogaron and Tobi-kadachi armor in my inventory. I never did the KT stuff, so nothing to worry about there.

Thanks.
Yeah I don't think it's needed but not gonna throw away stuff "in case of", and it's not like I'm anywhere close to the cap anyway plus they're increasing it with the expansion. I guess it'd be "cleaner" with only MR armors but I can clean that up later, and generally speaking just sorting by rank will fix the problem.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry guys. I thought he meant console. 😞

mJO4kxg.jpg

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Uh I had missed that change, that's nice assuming it means you can use dualshock prompts without the mod
"Added the "Gamepad Button Icon Selection" option. You can now change the button icons to fit the type of gamepad you are using. "

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
Don't use Long Sword for the first third or so of Iceborne.

Everything looks ugly until Narga/Pink Rathian/Velkana in the story.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dangit, GMG. Ah well.

So, I've heard rumor that there are performance improvements with Iceborne on PC? Is this true?

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Actually, if I disable my HD textures and only have to download the 48gb file, I will be able to play tomorrow. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Just ordered a new cpu, mobo, and ram. My old cpu was bottlenecking and I was often running the game at 40 frames. I'm ready to max this baby out.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Just ordered a new cpu, mobo, and ram. My old cpu was bottlenecking and I was often running the game at 40 frames. I'm ready to max this baby out.
The commitment is real.

I hope that DX12 helps with the weaker cpu's. Seems like my 6600k is running the game just fine these days though. This game has come quite damn far compared to the launch period in terms of optimizing it. No more stuttery mess at all. Was all smooth sailing as I got warmed up before the big day.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The commitment is real.

I hope that DX12 helps with the weaker cpu's. Seems like my 6600k is running the game just fine these days though. This game has come quite damn far compared to the launch period in terms of optimizing it. No more stuttery mess at all. Was all smooth sailing as I got warmed up before the big day.
Yeah. Loved the original and got used to the fps drops but I want to enjoy this fully with no compromises. I'm gonna spend a lot of time on this.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
Yeah. Loved the original and got used to the fps drops but I want to enjoy this fully with no compromises. I'm gonna spend a lot of time on this.
Yeah even the occasional drops didn't actually hinder too much once you got used to them but it's a day and night difference now and I'm so damn happy they actually bothered to keep optimizing the game.

The big question that remains now is how borked the online-experience will be now at launch when masses start playing it again. But I'm quite confident it will be better now. At the very least the dynamically changing difficulty is a god-tier addition to the game, since you're no more fucked scaling-wise if people get disconnected mid-fight.