• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So my friend got a new PS4 Pro and it turns out he never had cloud saves so he lost all his data for Monster Hunter. Can he jump forward to Iceborne or is there no way to get him to the new content?

Or am I being dumb and the game has his character saved on a server?

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
How high leveled do I need to be to play this? I'm at HR11

I got up to 'finding ??? rathin trails' in the main game before putting the game down.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So when will I need to upgrade my set? I'm still using my Teostra/Kulve mixed set with the def maxed out and i'm in the 3* quests and not had too much problems other than barioth was a little tricky. Still using my Odogaron Lance which seems to be doing well still as well.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So when will I need to upgrade my set? I'm still using my Teostra/Kulve mixed set with the def maxed out and i'm in the 3* quests and not had too much problems other than barioth was a little tricky. Still using my Odogaron Lance which seems to be doing well still as well.

Barioth hits like a dump truck, that's around the time a lot of people are upgrading.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I think that first hunt is close to being the most time I've spent on a single hunt. I must have spent nearly 15 minutes just trying to remember how everything worked.

udllpn

Oct 28, 2017
Two questions:

A) I'm going to start playing MHW on my PS4 Pro. Which of the the graphic modes do you recommend and personally play on (prioritize performance, graphics, or resolution)?

B) After installing the Iceborne patch, do you notice any improvement in framerate/performance?

Thank you.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
nrm8lwq.gif

PotionBleue

Nov 1, 2017
I really like the current skills of my high rank armor set. Can't I just upgrade it to Master Rank defense with armor spheres?

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Two questions:

A) I'm going to start playing MHW on my PS4 Pro. Which of the the graphic modes do you recommend and personally play on (prioritize performance, graphics, or resolution)?

B) After installing the Iceborne patch, do you notice any improvement in framerate/performance?

Thank you.
I would always suggest prioritize performance, I'll take being able to react more quickly and accurately over slightly prettier graphics any day.

I could be imagining it, but FPS definitely seems improved. Loading times still suck.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
MHW Iceborne is downloading but I never bought it. I only downloaded the beta. The size is 30.95GB.

Is this some update to MHW? Even though it does say Iceborne.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
MHW Iceborne is downloading but I never bought it. I only downloaded the beta. The size is 30.95GB.

Is this some update to MHW? Even though it does say Iceborne.
All MHW owners get the update, even if the don't buy IB.

It comes with a ton of QOL changes and balance adjustments so you can play online with people that have IB.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
does anyone have an idea of how long it will take to get to the expansion if I stopped shortly after the final boss of base game?

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first monster to kill me so far has been that fucker with the big ass sword on its tail

One shot too

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
How are people feeling about Switch Axe?

I haven't used it yet in World, so I'm thinking of picking it up for Iceborne

banter

Jan 12, 2018
The first monster to kill me so far has been that fucker with the big ass sword on its tail

One shot too
This is hilarious to be mostly because that's exactly how generations was for me.
How are people feeling about Switch Axe?

I haven't used it yet in World, so I'm thinking of picking it up for Iceborne
I love the switch axe. I mained it in all previous games, but world I mained bow because it felt like they gimped the Switch Axe and fixed the bow controls. The Iceborne Switch Axe is beast though, I love it.

JayDee

Oct 28, 2017
I recall someone posting a weakness chart for the new monsters (might have been here or reddit) but I can't find it now. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew the first monster would take me a while but damn, felt like 20-30 mins! Typical that I had a weapon element type (Jho LS) that he wasn't weak to. The sooner I get a R9+ weapon, the better

somax

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, played some hours, reached 3*mr. I don't have problems surviving (only carted once against barioth so far), but my damage output is absymal, I take between 15 and 30 mins to kill anything with a couple of r9 lances available from start (Iron and jyura). I need to change something AND buy mr armor for all the slots (just got banbaro arms for trying offensive guard, which btw rules)...

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Ok, played some hours, reached 3*mr. I don't have problems surviving (only carted once against barioth so far), but my damage output is absymal, I take between 15 and 30 mins to kill anything with a couple of r9 lances available from start (Iron and jyura). I need to change something AND buy mr armor for all the slots (just got banbaro arms for trying offensive guard, which btw rules)...
Barioth Lance is usually pretty good. :)