• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jako

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. I hope they announce some PS5/Xbox Series X upgrades and possibly cross-play/saves.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man MHW has been a trip. My favorite title in the series and one of the best games this gen easily.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea what's coming? It's not Fatalis is it? I'd imagine they'd save that for the next game thats coming.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't touched MHW since before Kulve Taroth. What's the amount of content like now since then? Is it absurdly difficult? Can it be done solo? I'm not much for group hunts and I'm probably super rusty.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know that there would be another update and uninstalled it a few days ago after tons of failed alatreon attempts. Time to reinstall I guess.

kauec

Chicken Chaser
Dec 27, 2017
Brazil
I know it would be too much, but it would be SOOO nice to end with Magalas, Seregios, Valstrax and the Fatalis trio.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
There has been a lot of laughs, tries and screams with this game and its very sad to see the content coming to an end, but i am still ready to cart to Fatalis

OP
OP
Theswweet

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I haven't touched MHW since before Kulve Taroth. What's the amount of content like now since then? Is it absurdly difficult? Can it be done solo? I'm not much for group hunts and I'm probably super rusty.

Iceborne basegame is perfectly serviceable, but post-game monsters get pretty difficult. Alatreon in particular has been a wall for tons of folks.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Been thinking of getting back into this. I stopped after the Kulve Taroth update.

Intended to get Iceborne but the same shitty PC issues made me not want to support the game at that time. Wonder if those have been ironed out.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seems a little early for the final battle, maybe the final monster? I assume they would still release Arch Tempered Velkhana and Shara Ishavalda though to officially wrap things up (Maybe even Arch Tempered Safi'Jiva and Alatreon as well, if Arch Tempered Alatreon could even be a thing)

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Wow final update? Didn't expect this at all, thought it will continue until next year

En-ou

Oct 27, 2017
Game of the generation contender. I can't wait to see the new one on next gen.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
Is it dropping on the 28th or are they streaming and talking about the last update for the game?

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Can't wait. I hope they announce some PS5/Xbox Series X upgrades and possibly cross-play/saves.
Same. World 2 is probably years and years away (not expecting it before 2023 tbh). And having a ps5 and xsx enhancement would be nice. Even if its only a res bump and framerate bump.

If im not mistaken the game already runs all grahpics modes in an uncapped framerate (even the favor resolution one) so the framerare shouldnt be all that hard to do.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This was one of the best games this gen. Really found a great balance between updates and adding to gameplay etc. hope to see the sequel on next gen announced at some point.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Same. World 2 is probably years and years away (not expecting it before 2023 tbh). And having a ps5 and xsx enhancement would be nice. Even if its only a res bump and framerate bump.

If im not mistaken the game already runs all grahpics modes in an uncapped framerate (even the favor resolution one) so the framerare shouldnt be all that hard to do.

I'm hoping they seriously retool the engine so we have semi decent image IQ. As much as I love the game, its a serious mess.

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
So I played through and beat the initial campaign back on release had a great time with it. I'd like to give iceborne a go but if I jump in with iceborne am I going to just get destroyed over and over because I've forgotten how to play and my skills have eroded? Or does the difficulty in iceborne ramp up gently? I don't really want to go through the whole campaign again just to get my skills back up to speed.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Seriously, a hand of applause for MHW and IB. I had never played a MH game before and it became my favorite coop game of the generation.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Final Stand?
latest

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
So I played through and beat the initial campaign back on release had a great time with it. I'd like to give iceborne a go but if I jump in with iceborne am I going to just get destroyed over and over because I've forgotten how to play and my skills have eroded? Or does the difficulty in iceborne ramp up gently? I don't really want to go through the whole campaign again just to get my skills back up to speed.
Difficulty ramps up, you're starting a new rank so you'll be fighting low-tier monsters like Great Jagras, Pukei, Jyuratodus, etc. at the start. They just have more health and do a little more damage than before.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Please do something to make Gold Crown hunting more manageable. I am seriously losing my hair over this. The base was already pretty bad about this but Iceborne amps up the craziness even more.