• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Hope they let us choose the monster hunter language, i dont really like english voice acting.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just as the event thread is understandably taken up with MHR chat...

This is the PR text for MHS2.
Our epic tale begins with the mass disappearance of Rathalos from around the world. At the start of the story, you meet a Wyverian girl who knew your illustrious grandfather, Red. She has been entrusted with an egg, but what's inside it? The fate of the world hangs in the balance as the exciting narrative about the Wings of Ruin unfolds.
www.monsterhunter.com

MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: WINGS OF RUIN | CAPCOM

MONSTER HUNTER STORIES 2: WINGS OF RUIN, the 2nd RPG set in the world of Monster Hunter, available for Nintendo Switch.

So how are Reverto and Lilia still around, if this game was set a couple generations after the last one. Reverto was a human hunter in his prime in MHS, and Lilia a kid around the same age as Red as far as I remember.
www.siliconera.com

Monster Hunter Stories 2 Brings Back Lilia and Reverto

In Monster Hunter Stories 2, both Lilia and Reverto will return. However, the two familiar faces might not be so friendly when you meet up.

Maybe it's a case of a soft reboot and wanting to squeeze in as many established characters from the first game and the cartoon as possible, regardless of a timeline? Doesn't make much sense to reference the lead character of the first game being your grandfather in that case.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Probably a Zelda structure with descendants with the same name and similar design?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm really looking forward to this. The first one is such a hidden gem and it seems like you're going to have companions, with and without monsties, with you for a fair chunk of the way. That alone is a huge change to the battle engine.

Probably a Zelda structure with descendants with the same name and similar design?
Yeah maybe. Maybe they are all rough proxies two generations later.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Good to see some battle gameplay. Looks mostly the same but having an extra party member looks cool, and I think there were more weapons skills to choose from? I didn't finish Stories 1 so I guess I can't say for sure. I might try to go back to it and just focus on getting through the story.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It's looking pretty good I'd say. Though I'm at the point where I don't want to see any more story/cutscenes now, I kind of feel like we've seen a lot? I might stop watching trailers and just look forward to previews and impressions of the game itself.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Maybe it's a case of a soft reboot and wanting to squeeze in as many established characters from the first game and the cartoon as possible, regardless of a timeline? Doesn't make much sense to reference the lead character of the first game being your grandfather in that case.

But I believe they said more than once that Red != "Lute", or whatever the official name of the male MH Stories lead was. Which just makes things even more interesting with regards to Red's Rathalos having a similar scar to Lute's but I digress!

Either that, or Wyverians aren't the only ones that can live decently long lives in the MH-verse! At least Navirou's got Felcote as a nice precedent for the suggestion that even the cats being likely long-lived.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
But I believe they said more than once that Red != "Lute", or whatever the official name of the male MH Stories lead was. Which just makes things even more interesting with regards to Red's Rathalos having a similar scar to Lute's but I digress!

Either that, or Wyverians aren't the only ones that can live decently long lives in the MH-verse! At least Navirou's got Felcote as a nice precedent for the suggestion that even the cats being likely long-lived.
Oh I see, that makes sense. I wonder if the others will make any references to 'hey, I know your grandfather and raths are a big plot thing for you but I know another kid about your age that flapped around on a Rathalos and saved the world a few years ago' :D

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just updated title here as Capcom announced the demo release date. Progress carries over, I know a few people were asking about this.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
So, is there going to be a way to get the deluxe edition goods if I'm going for a physical copy, or is the only way to get them restricted to the digital version or Gamestop/EBGames Collector's edition?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, it took you through the entire prologue and all the way up to just before the first major boss fight against Nargacuga. I'd expect this to be just as meaty, so folks will definitely have a good idea of what to expect.
I remember spending ages raiding nests for eggs to get all the monsties available in the demo, that was fun!

So, is there going to be a way to get the deluxe edition goods if I'm going for a physical copy, or is the only way to get them restricted to the digital version or Gamestop/EBGames Collector's edition?
There should be an upgrade kit when the game launches that gets you the content, albeit at a slight bump in price compared to getting the deluxe edition.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Demo hype, hopefully it's also coming to PC on the 25th?

EDIT:

"The Trial Version will also be available on Steam on July 9[SUP]th[/SUP], alongside the release of the full game."

Bummer but fair, will Demo on Switch before game's out for me to play on PC.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
My Switch is ready and the palamute coiming out of an egg with clothes and saddle was kinda weird but I'll take it!

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to see this is getting a demo with progress carrying over.

I've been interested in this game from the jump, it seems to be what I wish Monster Hunter proper actually was lol. I missed the original on 3DS so I'm eager to check this one out.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So we got a look at the field exploration in the Nintendo Direct. Looks great, really colourful.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks amazing. I can see why TPC didnt wanna showcase their games on the same event as Stories 2 and SMT V xD

Edit.
Man this game looks so good...kinda weird how secretive Capcom was with showing gameplay for so long.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up, they're currently doing a live gameplay demo on the Treehouse stream.

www.youtube.com

Nintendo Direct | E3 2021

Tune in at 9 a.m. PT for a Nintendo Direct presentation, featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused exclusively on Nintendo Switch games mainly rele...