• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Was hoping for a port of 1 since an HD version already exists, but oh well. Liked what I played of the first so I'm definitely looking forward to this! Just gotta go back and finish 1 first.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I'm liking this....does it have ties to the first one storywise?

The design looks perfect for....Breath of Fire....damn you Capcom :(

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
Unfamiliar with Stories. Is this a single player version of Monster Hunter with a focused story? Or completely different mechanics?

flohen95

Nov 4, 2017
The only Monster Hunter thing I care about.
Loved the first one and I am beyond hyped for this. Didn't think It'd happen considering that the first game seemed to disappoint saleswise. Good on Capcom for trying again.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
This looks GREAT! I will always welcome turn-based rpg spinoffs. Do you need to play the first to understand this one?

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more excited for this than Rise to be honest. I loved the first game so much. I bought a copy of the Japanese Edition for the content updates and the Amiibos. I was hoping for a port of the first game too, but I'm just happy Capcom gave the property another chance with a sequel.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Unfamiliar with Stories. Is this a single player version of Monster Hunter with a focused story? Or completely different mechanics?

It's a Pokemon inspired spin-off RPG where you fight alongside the monsters and also collect them. And, yes, it's a single player RPG although you can also battle other players.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the title that is supposed to target teens? I saw a couple of Stories 1 reviews yesterday, and it sounds like the storyline was targeting either kids or teens.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
They are about to start coverage of it in the MH direct. It will have some 'compatibility features' with MH Rise.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I'd love to see a Switch port of the first game just so the entire sub-series can be on one system.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda hoping they port the first game as well. The graphic seems pretty much designed for home console.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm liking this....does it have ties to the first one storywise?

The design looks perfect for....Breath of Fire....damn you Capcom :(
The reference to 'Red's kinship stone and a Rath egg' at the start of the trailer is a reference to the first game, but I suspect only in a 'this stone is passed down from a great hero' kinda way. Nothing more than a nod (as far as I can tell).

'Rathalos are disappearing'. Yeah I think I've killed several hundred looking for rubies myself... :D

hrœrekr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 3, 2019
Not gonna lie, that sleeping dragon scene gave me Breath of Fire vibes

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Going by the Direct right now, the new one seems to have a mostly standalone story. The main hero is a descendant of legendary rider Red.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Stories artstyle was already great on the 3DS from what I have seen in trailers but here it shines even more, wow.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Did the first game have an enjoyable story or good character interactions? This games art style looks so nice and makes me really wanna play it.