• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well well well! The traditional Monster Hunter special edition has finally shown itself!

Edit: oh fuck that controller!

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose the pro controller looks fine if you're into that kinda thing, but the dock looks bad imo. They kept the original switch logo intact and only customized the parts that were clean, so it looks like an afterthought, like putting stickers on a regular dock.

They should have moved the switch logo and made it smaller and more integrated with the art, but i guess nintendo didn't let them.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
08/25/17 Nintendo Switch Monster Hunter XX Bundle: 36,280 yen (excluding tax)
03/26/21 Nintendo Switch Monster Hunter Rise Bundle: 38,400 yen (excluding tax)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Not feeling this at all.
Not like I'd buy another switch that's not a pro version at this point anyway, but yeah.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
If I didn't already have a Pro Controller I'd be springing for that.

As it is, it's too similar to the typical black one to warrant me buying another. Shame it's not a different colour!

Deleted member 69771

hope they never make a switch pro tbh

also that controller...

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this controller expected to still have drifting issues? Because I want it.

Pro Controllers aren't notably more prone to drift than the average controller as they use a more standard stick design. It can still happen, as it can with any controller, though.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Pretty basic design. The Pro controller looks really nice but I don't think it's outstanding either. They definitely could've done something more interesting.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I got my first Pro Controller last week, it's not like I'd be able to purchase this one for less than 90€ anyway but it still stings...

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why are some freaking out about the lack of a NOA announcement when they aren't up working yet? Y'all are funny.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I rather expected them to announce a Switch Pro that releases along with the game :/

Switch games got to a point where the bad technical qualities like resolution and performance hurt the gameplay. We need an upgrade now.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Right. I'll grab a controller. Can't believe that they are limited edition. I'd love to go pick up a splatoon one. I don't care for monster Hunter, I just want variety!

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Damn, nice console and controller. I might pick this up if I can snag one to replace my launch Switch.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Right, Europe tweeted only an hour ago, well after JP did. They doing this on their own term it seems, I expect the NA announcement in the next few hours.
Because NoA has been trash tier when it comes to special editions, bonuses, and the like.

That's true, but sometimes they care about MonHun like with the really nice silver MH4 3DS XL some years back.

Some people are obsessed with Switch Pro, huh

Absolutely...but I'm not gonna lie I did think that a MHR limited edition could also be a revision model version too lol.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty safe to say those obsessed with a "Switch Pro" aren't going to be happy with the product itself.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Might get that pro controller, tired of dealing with the joycon drift when I mostly play single player games on the switch.

silver1289s

Mar 8, 2018
I don't ever see myself purchasing another Pro Controller again. I've had mine since 2018 and find myself getting more and more fed up with it. The Dpad might legitimately be the worst on any controller Nintendo has ever produced. If I'm playing a 2D platformer or fighter, I have to switch out with my SN30 Pro. On top of that, the lack of analog triggers made me purchase a Gamecube adapter so I could play Sunshine properly. For $70 you'd also think that it'd have a headphone jack...

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I wish they did away with the large Switch icon on the dock and allowed for a better artwork.

The joycon look a little dull, but the Pro Controller is really cool! I would not mind getting one of those.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I've never seen a community get in to customizing a console as much as the Switch, and yet Nintendo's own special edition consoles have been extra weak (apart from the Animal Crossing version), especially compared to the crazy variety of special edition consoles we see elsewhere.

This looks like stickers that hardly fit.