• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What platform are you playing Sunbreak on?

• Switch

Votes: 514 46.3%
  • PC

Votes: 469 42.3%
  • Both

Votes: 41 3.7%
  • Neither, I don't like fun

Votes: 86 7.7%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
MP with randos is kind of dead on PC, I find it easier to find players for specific hunts on Switch.

Most monsters at most have 2 attacks combos when enraged with rare cases of 3 (on top of my head Aknosom and Zinogre). In the case of 2 attacks combos you need to tackle the first attack and then SAS the second.

That comes with getting familiarized with the monsters' move set. It's kind of like CPP for Charge Blade where sometimes you need to GP and then CPP some monsters attacks.

Changing your steam download region (take a minute or so) does seem to increase how fast you get paired and cause less timeouts/error code. I get good results depending on when I play.

Also the only other MH on switch is XX/GU hence why it feels like Rise is more populated on the switch.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Anyone got a good Sunbreak greatsword guide they can link me? Thinking of picking it up since I've only played switch axe this whole time and the Royal order's greatsword just looks too nice to not use lol

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a good Sunbreak greatsword guide they can link me? Thinking of picking it up since I've only played switch axe this whole time and the Royal order's greatsword just looks too nice to not use lol

I'd actually start with a Rise guide to learn the fundamentals as there are quite a few out there. Sadly it's been a while since I've watched 'em so I'm not sure what is best. I know Arekkz and Rurikhan each have one and they're big names.

Sunbreak GS builds off of the fundamentals of Rise.

Deleted member 56266

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I'd actually start with a Rise guide to learn the fundamentals as there are quite a few out there. Sadly it's been a while since I've watched 'em so I'm not sure what is best. I know Arekkz and Rurikhan each have one and they're big names.

Sunbreak GS builds off of the fundamentals of Rise.

Good point I'll check those out.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
if you're playing aggressive you'll cart at times, just the way it goes. or sometimes you have a brainfart, a bad moment, bad luck or any number of things. easy to get tilted too if you aren't careful.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
MR100 spoiler:

Was anyone else really disappointed that it was Magnamalo again? I feel like it should have been a variant of Malzeno which is a super fun and interesting fight that was woefully underutilized.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
MR100 spoiler:

Was anyone else really disappointed that it was Magnamalo again? I feel like it should have been a variant of Malzeno which is a super fun and interesting fight that was woefully underutilized.
Don't MH expansions usually have variants of the base game flagship? I recall that being the case for 4U (Chaotic Gore), GU (the Deviants for the rest of the fated four) and Iceborne (Ruiner Nergigante).

Wouldn't be surprised if Malzeno gets something down the line analogous to Arch Tempered Velkhana in Iceborne, or even the event Magnamalo from base Rise.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
does Rajang just naturally have more health than other monsters or something? this was my longest hunt so far BY FAR, it felt like what you guys described those endgame ones were pre patch >_>

edit: wtf 24mins...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
does Rajang just naturally have more health than other monsters or something? this was my longest hunt so far BY FAR, it felt like what you guys described those endgame ones were pre patch >_>

edit: wtf 24mins...
It has about 37k HP on average with the highest possible being 40k. For comparison Malzeno has 44k HP on average with the highest being 47k.

Monsters have variable health pools to keep quests feeling fresh.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Alright, so I bought the Relunea Glasses, Bottoms, and Jacket Layered Armor DLC individually using Gold Coins.
Claimed them in the Add-on Content button (the prompt showed that I had them), and when I went to the Layered Armor Settings, there's nothing there. I've googled, trawled menus, and troubleshooted, even deleted and re-installed the game, a whole bunch of nothing. So, who do I need to contact, Capcom or Nintendo? I was thinking Capcom. Any other tips would be appreciated. Even bought some Palamute armor to see if I could trigger something and it did nothing of the sort.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't MH expansions usually have variants of the base game flagship? I recall that being the case for 4U (Chaotic Gore), GU (the Deviants for the rest of the fated four) and Iceborne (Ruiner Nergigante).

Wouldn't be surprised if Malzeno gets something down the line analogous to Arch Tempered Velkhana in Iceborne, or even the event Magnamalo from base Rise.
Was also the case in 3U with Abyssal Lagiacrus

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is big dango paying Capcom off to advertise it in Rise so much?

How much did they give you, Ichinose, you bastard.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
unfortunately I'm just not having fun anymore, it's actually bumming me out (and burning me out). The last 3 or 4 hunts I did were just a huge chore with me being ragdolled around, half the time not being able to see anything, and barely making it out alive, except not in a exciting way, just in a "I just want this to be over" way which is never a good feeling.

I'll probably limp my way into the end (can't be that far off? I just did the
shagaru magala
hunt) and then most likely call it, I guess MR was too much for me in the end, and it will only get worse in the endgame from what I read here so I'm no longer looking forward to playing more if it's just going to keep ramping up like this has been in MR5.

Oh well, was still worth the money but I might have to re-evaluate future monhun expansions personally (I actually didnt play iceborne, only vanilla world), much like Murtaugh, I think I'm getting too old for this shit :)

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
unfortunately I'm just not having fun anymore, it's actually bumming me out (and burning me out). The last 3 or 4 hunts I did were just a huge chore with me being ragdolled around, half the time not being able to see anything, and barely making it out alive, except not in a exciting way, just in a "I just want this to be over" way which is never a good feeling.

shagaru magala
hunt) and then most likely call it, I guess MR was too much for me in the end, and it will only get worse in the endgame from what I read here so I'm no longer looking forward to playing more if it's just going to keep ramping up like this has been in MR5.

Oh well, was still worth the money but I might have to re-evaluate future monhun expansions personally (I actually didnt play iceborne, only vanilla world), much like Murtaugh, I think I'm getting too old for this shit :)

For what it's worth, Shagaru Magala was the hardest fight for me as well and nothing I've fought after that has been as hard, and I'm at the post game already.

Are you on Switch?

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
And done!

lVpmEI6.jpg

Changing your steam download region (take a minute or so) does seem to increase how fast you get paired and cause less timeouts/error code. I get good results depending on when I play.

Also the only other MH on switch is XX/GU hence why it feels like Rise is more populated on the switch.

Yup. For example it's 5:35am in the UK but 1:35pm in Japan, so I have my download region set to Tokyo and I get instant queues.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

shagaru magala

Sounds like you're having the proper MH G rank experience.

Its absolutely designed to put your balls in a vice like theres a legit hard mode in the options that just got toggled on. Especially towards the end.

Longer hunts, more pain than humanly possible. Fatalis in Iceborne could just straight up one and two shot a lot of people even with some of the best armor in the game.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Chichae's armor set is available like Hinoa/Minoto's. I kinda want her glasses for one of my characters.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Right side clear!

Left side clear!

good to go!

The amount of times I hear this waiting to find a hunt ...it's stuck in my head now lmao

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
And done!

lVpmEI6.jpg

Yup. For example it's 5:35am in the UK but 1:35pm in Japan, so I have my download region set to Tokyo and I get instant queues.
That is a whole lot of quests!

I'm still chipping away at them. Between the MR, Anomaly and Follower quests, I've probably got around 40 still to go, plus whatever unlocks after the next urgent. I'm at HR68 so I think there's enough to get me to MR100 without doing the same one twice at this point.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I got 7 ??? slots remaining for crafting yet I'm MR 50...what the hell am I missing here?

(some of these ??? are pretty early on things going by the trees but I look back even at base rise quests and I've completed at least one per monster to see the tree name)

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
I got 7 ??? slots remaining for crafting yet I'm MR 50...what the hell am I missing here?

(some of these ??? are pretty early on things going by the trees but I look back even at base rise quests and I've completed at least one per monster to see the tree name)
Some of them aren't tied to specific large monsters, some are herbivores, ore, or insects etc. At MR50 I had only one left to unlock (which I assume is the MR100 variant).

If you do a few of the quests to take out some of the insects (I recommend taking poison smoke bombs so you can carve bnahabra etc), and a few expeditions to take out herbivores (there's usually a few in Sandy Plains) you'll probably see those ones pop up.

Last edited:

JJD

Oct 25, 2017

shagaru magala

what weapon are you using?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Some of them aren't tied to specific large monsters, some are herbivores, ore, or insects etc. At MR50 I had only one left to unlock (which I assume is the MR100 variant).

If you do a few of the quests to take out some of the insects (I recommend taking poison smoke bombs so you can carve bnahabra etc), and a few expeditions to take out herbivores (there's usually a few in Sandy Plains) you'll probably see those ones pop up.

Makes sense but damn I have no clue now which ones to do.

Here's like 4 of what I'm missing if anyone can help me figure out what I gotta do here

Capture.jpg

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland

Here's like 4 of what I'm missing if anyone can help me figure out what I gotta do here

Capture.jpg
One of them (the fire sword) is Hand-Me-Down sword, Fugen gives from killing Village Magnamalo.
And at least one of them below it is the Azure Era sword from high rank USJ event quest.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019

Capture.jpg
I suspect you'll be missing
Royal Order tree (follower quests, whichever follower is a longsword user).
Antique Machina (Afflicted monster quests, needs common materials from them so should pop up fairly quickly once you start doing them).

Ignore my previous post- that was mainly based on the lance so probably not applicable to LS, but essentially there's trees that aren't tied to specific monsters and more tied to other items or aspects of the game.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are there many rampage quests that you need to do for the story? I just did the first one and damn is that not fun

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ, Lance demolishes MR Kushala Daora. He pretty much can't do anything to harm you while you sit in front of him and bash his skull in.

I have never seen a weapon hard counter a monster this badly.