• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What platform are you playing Sunbreak on?

• Switch

Votes: 514 46.3%
  • PC

Votes: 469 42.3%
  • Both

Votes: 41 3.7%
  • Neither, I don't like fun

Votes: 86 7.7%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I don't think so. I've had asian usernames join my game before. It probably prioritizes your region, but it shouldn't be exclusive to it. Make sure the typical stuff is fixed on your end, like open NAT, UPnP etc.

They are prob switching download regions as it takes not even minutes to do. I do it and I notice that I get party up way faster. Otherwise its back to back time outs when trying to help randoms.

Just today hours earlier I tried doing a quest, 6 fails back to back. Switch to Seattle and bam instant partied in seconds. Which makes sense as hours ago is off peak here while in Seattle it would be peak time.

I guess the best way to prob term it is a soft lock.

Last edited:

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/boardwalkhotel_/status/1545147767911116800

View: https://twitter.com/boardwalkhotel_/status/1545216102506299392

View: https://twitter.com/mayoneverrots/status/1545293611549356033

I'm not going insane. 😌
This shit is so annoying...

I'm kinda conflicted about...

The Afflicted Fights. On one hand I appreciate the challenge they give to every monster- but I feel like their HP is like... omega bloated? Like holy fuck even lower tier monsters take awhile to kill.
You know they have a lot of HP when speedruns take 7 minutes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9aH5A4YGA&feature=youtu.be
"This is the monster with the highest HP pool in the entire game. Her HP can be up to almost 84.000HP in Single Player and 195.000HP in a group of 4."
www.youtube.com

MHR: Sunbreak | Afflicted Rathian [7'01] Charge Blade | TA

This is the monster with the highest HP pool in the entire game. Her HP can be up to almost 84.000HP in Single Player and 195.000HP in a group of 4.TWITTER:h...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not going insane. 😌

You know they have a lot of HP when speedruns take 7 minutes:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC9aH5A4YGA&feature=youtu.be
"This is the monster with the highest HP pool in the entire game. Her HP can be up to almost 84.000HP in Single Player and 195.000HP in a group of 4."
www.youtube.com

MHR: Sunbreak | Afflicted Rathian [7'01] Charge Blade | TA

This is the monster with the highest HP pool in the entire game. Her HP can be up to almost 84.000HP in Single Player and 195.000HP in a group of 4.TWITTER:h...

yes! i have no idea what i'm doing wrong when this happens

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/mayoneverrots/status/1545293611549356033

I'm not going insane.
😌

Is this something you could forward to the dev team WBacon?

Last edited:

YoungOne

Nov 3, 2020
So they gave every weapon a counter move. Makes sense since it feels monsters have more tracking on attacks.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I hope the patch adjusted A1★ monster health UPWARDS. Because I only now unlocked their quests and I'll feel like a disappointment to the whole of Elgado, the entire Kingdom and everyone back at Kamura if I never beat an unnerfed Arzuros.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the patch adjusted A1★ monster health UPWARDS. Because I only now unlocked their quests and I'll feel like a disappointment to the whole of Elgado, the entire Kingdom and everyone back at Kamura if I never beat an unnerfed Arzuros.

No- their health is clearly way too high lol

But overall:

Is it generally agreed that Qurio Monsters are tougher than Tempered Monsters? I feel like Tempered Monsters didn't have health increases but I could be wrong. Obviously not as tough as Arch Tempered.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Fixed a bug causing the player to temporarily lose the right to play Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak when purchasing or activating DLC during gameplay.

This also happens every time you come out of the sleep mode on the Steam Deck, so far no attempts on fixing that. Has anyone even told them about that yet?

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I did the afflicted Azuros a few hours before the patch dropped and it was like a 20 minute fight for me. It was way too damage-spongey even with my endgame gear. Does this new patch put these HP numbers to a reasonable level?

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
I'm kinda conflicted about...

The Afflicted Fights. On one hand I appreciate the challenge they give to every monster- but I feel like their HP is like... omega bloated? Like holy fuck even lower tier monsters take awhile to kill.

Sounds to me like what Monster Hunter used to be and finally deserves that name now? 😅

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did the afflicted Azuros a few hours before the patch dropped and it was like a 20 minute fight for me. It was way too damage-spongey even with my endgame gear. Does this new patch put these HP numbers to a reasonable level?
15-20 minutes is a good baseline for endgame. That used to b the baseline for midgame hunts back in the old days. The pre afflicted HP levels in Sunbreak are pathetic.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
15-20 minutes is a good baseline for endgame. That used to b the baseline for midgame hunts back in the old days. The pre afflicted HP levels in Sunbreak are pathetic.

I've been playing MH games all the way back in Freedom Unite. If it takes 15-20 minutes to kill a early game monster them I'm undergeared or bad at the fight no matter how old the game is.

HP sponges is not the solution to making compelling Monster Hunter endgame content.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Wohoo, I managed to get in a 10.0.2 Arzuros hunt before the game forced an update.

But that afflicted Arzuros was also Gold Crown smallest ever just because the game couldn't let me have an untarnished triumph.

(Length of the hunt felt right to me, but my perception for what's too long may be warped as a lance main, after all I believe a Monster Hunter game where I don't run up against the time limit at least once is lacking.)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing MH games all the way back in Freedom Unite. If it takes 15-20 minutes to kill a early game monster them I'm undergeared or bad at the fight no matter how old the game is.

HP sponges is not the solution to making compelling Monster Hunter endgame content.
But it's not just an early game monster, it's been buffed up to endgame levels. The small variance in HP levels between afflicted monsters showed that they were treating them mostly the same, with the primary difficulty differentiator being their movesets.

With the 3 cart limit as well as how well equipped we are both in terms of the damage skills we can stack along with the ways we have to mitigate damage, I would say HP sponges are necessary.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just played my first bit after not having played Rise in a long time and it's tough to shake off that rust! I barely remember what I'm doing lol

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Arzuros was way overtuned imo, I shouldn't have had a tougher time with it than I did with the final boss

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
The only way you can be a disappointment to Kamura is not eating 3 dango in one gulp before each and every hunt.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a video where someone would get on a monster (not the whyvern riding thing) to hit it, how do you do this ?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Afflicted Arzuros wasn't difficult for me at all, it just took a while. I wonder how it fares now after this patch.

Last edited:

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
So if i understand correctly with the way Switch Support skills on Palicos work, you no longer need to use the Buddy Hiring system to get a "perfect" Palico any more? As you can just switch around the skills at will any time.

So if i understand correctly with the way Switch Support skills on Palicos work, you no longer need to use the Buddy Hiring system to get a "perfect" Palico any more? As you can just switch around the skills at will any time.
Yeah, that's about right. You get to select skills from your pool of helpers, and it even works in such a way where you can dip into your Palamutes for skills (and vice versa) so you can get really, really optimal.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I love the MH Community. Like a lot of people, World was my first game. But I absolutely love how there is this almost perfect balance of fans:

Here is my Dodogama art.
This game is too hard
This game is too easy
It took you HOW long to kill it?
Doesn't matter how long, you did it!
I can't let Yomogi or the Handler down
__ is annoying

End of the day though, I want to know why I can't ride the train in Elgado. That's all I want between hunts.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Is there any notable Youtuber that makes content aimed at Hammer bros? I see there's plenty for other weapons but it seems like there's barely any content for the least popular ones.

End of the day though, I want to know why I can't ride the train in Elgado. That's all I want between hunts.

I've tried SO many things before giving up... I really wanted to ride it.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Cause in world you can see a list plus use filters so it was easy peasy to help randoms.

In Rise you just have to hope some random is doing some random quest and that is why it feels very dead.

The quest below the one you chose may have randoms doing it but you will never know.
I changed the region like you said and for the first time in 150 hours I had a full party of players joining my hunts!

Didn't feel lag at all. Thank you so much!

If anyone is having trouble getting people to join just try changing your download region!

This is a game changer!

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any notable Youtuber that makes content aimed at Hammer bros? I see there's plenty for other weapons but it seems like there's barely any content for the least popular ones.

I've been looking too, but there isn't much in depth Sunbreak hammer bro YT content yet. I know hammer is comparatively more straightforward than most of the other weapons, but I'm still hoping for some good build videos soon.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
Anything new to know about Switch Axe Sunbreak wise? Or is it basically the same playstyle as regular Rise + using the new counter?

Any useful new armor skills to be aware of?

Sadire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 31, 2017
Anything new to know about Switch Axe Sunbreak wise? Or is it basically the same playstyle as regular Rise + using the new counter?

Any useful new armor skills to be aware of?
Chain Crit is good, so that should be in your build. Final boss chest and waist will provide enough, other than that meta is calculating an aerial playstyle, so that's an option. Power Phials are a bit more useful because the counter gives you full amp. With that in mind Wirebugs are a bit more important.

Two stage morph also fills up nicely, but not fully.

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Thank you, I'll try that.

MP has been very hit or miss. I'd say that people join 25, 30% of my hunts at most.

Back on MH World I had people join on almost every single hunt.

Hopefully the lag won't be too much.

That's why I never, ever open a round and hope people will join. I always search for a open lobby and mostly find one right away no matter what I want to do.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022