• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What platform are you playing Sunbreak on?

• Switch

Votes: 514 46.3%
  • PC

Votes: 469 42.3%
  • Both

Votes: 41 3.7%
  • Neither, I don't like fun

Votes: 86 7.7%

• Total voters

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Wow, is it actually syncronizing to midnight in everyone's time zone on Switch? That's a first.

Edit: Nevermind, just got in too!

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
Lol so I stopped playing after I beat magnamalo thinking the game was over but just discovered the rest of lvl 5 and lvl 6 quests. Man I forgot how fun this game is. Ill be done with these quests soon and start the expansion. Anything I should know? I feel like I'm playing this game wrong cause I dont even look at the skills and stuff. I just fly around with my insect glave and kill the monsters. Current set up is all the magnanalo armor and weapon, same with my dog and cat

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
Wow, very first monster surprised me. This is not your daddy's hermitaur lol. If thats what's expected from the updated monster movesets, this is going to be fun!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
daimyou hermitaur was kinda easy, i remember beotodus being harder, but to be fair piscines lol

playing switch portable, looking great so far

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Lol so I stopped playing after I beat magnamalo thinking the game was over but just discovered the rest of lvl 5 and lvl 6 quests. Man I forgot how fun this game is. Ill be done with these quests soon and start the expansion. Anything I should know? I feel like I'm playing this game wrong cause I dont even look at the skills and stuff. I just fly around with my insect glave and kill the monsters. Current set up is all the magnanalo armor and weapon, same with my dog and cat
Actually, you're still quite far from finishing the main game if you only just beat Magnamalo. Village quests basically stop at 50% mark of progression, because it ends at Low Rank. Once you've done enough Village 6-star quests, you should get these "Special license Tests", which let you do the same progression for Gathering Hub quests in just 3 hunts, then start doing High Rank quests in Gathering Hub until you beat its final boss.

And it makes sense that you're not paying much attention to skills, because Village is really easy, and your armor doesn't even give that many skills until High Rank ones. Edit: Your Magnamalo armor has hellfire Cloak 3, Resentment 3, Counterstrike 3. 9 skills. My endgame High Rank set has 24

Put another way: You played until end of Disc 1. You still have Disc 2 to go, in order to reach expansion Disc 3.

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Very curious how this is on PC and specifically the steam deck now that mine is on the way. I dropped off the switch version but thinking of swapping over with this expansion

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022

The first credits is honestly like the credits for beating the tutorial. Not even the village stuff, the tutorial for the village. Then you go on unlocking the 5 and 6 star quest and when you beat almost all of them, after beating the special license test 3 and unlocking hub quest level 4 with that, that's where the real game just starts. You're like 30 more gameplay hours away from unlocking important but basic gameplay features and mechanics that you still don't have yet. 😅

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to start it tomorrow/soon!!! I got like three hunts to do before I actually start (I think it was for an expanded ending to the original game?) but I never got to it because of other games, work, life.

But I do love me some monster hunter and iceborne was a legendary expansion. If this is as good, I'll be playing forever (or until MH 6 :P)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
sped run from HR4 to HR7 in the last day just to get in for Sunrise. Now to take in all the new expansion goodness

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
Elgado is great. Everything important is all close together. Certainly not as pretty as Kamura, but the sheer convenience of its layout makes up for it. I was confused at the lack of gathering hub too… but I think this is better.

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
I'm on that dumb HR4 Apex rampage. I fucking hate rampages and they kill my drive.
On a more positive note, I think there is like 3 rampages or so in the whole game that are mandatory (IIRC). And I'm so glad there are none in MR.

They still are shit for sure, but at least it's a problem that you don't have to deal with constantly.

Hope you'll be able to push through!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Rise's icon didnt change to Sunbreak even after Sunbreak going live.

I'm about to throw my switch in the garbage where it BELONGS!

Even the main menu is the same, just with the new logo? Whaht is this low effort shit Capcom!

I'm only being half serious btw, it doesnt matter...well it matters a little lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
There's a title drop very early on; the title screen changes after that cutscene.

allw.gif

Sangral

Feb 17, 2022
Oh no....... It seems what I feared came true. It does runs worse on the Steam Deck now after the patch and DLC drop, I get a lot of frame drops in maps and areas I shouldn't get them without any changed setting. The fan also goes more crazy now.

Capcom being Capcom I guess......

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no....... It seems what I feared came true. It does runs worse on the Steam Deck now after the patch and DLC drop, I get a lot of frame drops in maps and areas I shouldn't get them without any changed setting. The fan also goes more crazy now.

Capcom being Capcom I guess......
Try Proton Experimental if you arent already.

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Are there offline quests ('village' originally) in the new outpost? I only see a person for online/hub quests

Icarian

May 9, 2018

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I hate that you can't remove the spit and whetstone from the item bar. Really pisses me off that they are making the game actively worse.
At least they knew not to put those pet commands in there this time.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I only played one monster, back in Forest Shrine in order to unlock Elgado so unfortunately didn't get to unlock switch skills but -
the Giant Enemy Crab
was just as awesome as it was nerve wrecking - though it was the first time playing Rise I felt like the hit boxes were a bit off, but that could also be some network issues - it was the first time ever I had problems with connection dropping.

Elgado is nice too. Like how compact it is.

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
Really liking the new lance tackle. Takes about the same time as a hop when it comes to resetting your combo, but you get damage and a block out of it, and can go from it right into an insta-block if you need to. You still lose the extended attack range you can get out of the regular guard dash, as well as the sideways and backwards guard dash (which are all really good aspects), but it seems good enough to compete with the spot, probably based on matchup. And you can actually use twin vine now for pursuit. Lance feeling really good.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty excited for this. I was pretty disappointed at the lack of new achievements on Steam too. I had a switch save endgame save but I went to the steam version two months ago so I hope to naturally get some of the left over achievements from the base game playing Sunbreak.

I want to branch out on my weapon usage, I get so used to playing SnS and Lance due to the shield.