• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Ereineon

I believe that's all that's been confirmed.

šŸ˜³
Poor tetranadon.

Man, now that's one Turf War. Goss Harag doesn't play around and isn't taking any prisoners.

So many cool new monsters, this is gonna be epic. Online Rampage battles as a team is going to be great too, having a team of you effectively under siege and falling back as the lines of defence get broken. Cant wait!

Ya need to hit me up with your FC still. You have only 6 weeks left. ;]

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
rakna-kadaki.png

almudron.png

Look at these beautiful beasts
Love the designs!

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it's wizardry the visuals Capcom was able to get out of the Switch for this. I thought I would have a ton of trouble dialing back from World's visuals, but this does a surprisingly good job getting a similar effect. And good thing too, because some of these monster designs are increeeedible.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that Generations Ultimate had the entire Gore Magala family but didn't have 4U's Apex mechanic at all.

So while I hope and expect Rise's Apex mechanic will be different from the irritating Wystone swiping from 4U, that doesn't rule out Gore showing up again.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Got me considering trying the demo again. I enjoyed one of the psp ones but I also had a lot less backlog

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Even though it makes some sweet looking gear, Volvidon should've just stayed in MHW in my opinion. Not a fan.

The variety of monster design is off the charts with this game and I like it a lot. Also the new desert area... jeepers creepers that looked INSANELY good. I've switched my opinion about the demo with the snow area. Give us a demo Capcom with the desert area and give it now!!!!!!

Volvidon wasn't actually in World.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So I have (another) question about charge blade.

what's the difference between impact phial and elemental phial? I read that one does KO damage but I was still confused :/

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
So I have (another) question about charge blade.

what's the difference between impact phial and elemental phial? I read that one does KO damage but I was still confused :/
When the Charge Blade is filled with phials and an Axe (mostly, some specific scenarios for Sword) move is used, a phial is unloaded if the attack connects - this phial detonates after a short delay, delaying 1 of 2 damage types depending on Impact vs Elemental:

-Impact deals raw damage that ignores hitzones(Meaning a phial hit on the head is the same as on the tail, or anywhere), and does some KO status damage if connected to the head.

-Element does a 'bonus' amount of element, nothing more.

Impact is just general purpose & bonus KO potential, elemental is niche & potentially stronger if built correctly, also different playstyle oftentimes.

I have a feeling that someone is going to complain about Hot Drinks and, likely, Cool Drinks getting the axe after so long. That person will not be me.

Monster blights sound like a really cool change for a series that's been built on maintaining player buffs.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I wish Capcom would go ahead and change elements on weapons to do those ailments on monsters instead of just bonus damage, they could add a 10min cooldown, 1 ~ 2 procs only per hunt limits.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
I have a feeling that someone is going to complain about Hot Drinks and, likely, Cool Drinks getting the axe after so long. That person will not be me.

Monster blights sound like a really cool change for a series that's been built on maintaining player buffs.

The very reason I love monster blights is because it sounds like someone has been hearing my desire for an actual projectile-based weapon that can truly give monsters a taste of their medicine. Although...my idea was a weapon that employed monster breath sacs that could be swapped in and out. But MH just using another variety of "magical bug" in its implementation fits even better!

It's enough to make me wonder if the main team (or maybe even the portable team, in Rise's upgrade) may finally use this as a springboard for a new weapon. To me, it's just a new mechanic and playstyle that's begging to be elaborated on further.

I wish Capcom would go ahead and change elements on weapons to do those ailments on monsters instead of just bonus damage, they could add a 10min cooldown, 1 ~ 2 procs only per hunt limits.

The other idea I could imagine was to give that kind of feature to the Kinsect. We already can give the bugs elemental properties through upgrades, so why not go a bit further? Like perhaps give up power or speed in exchange for raw element that can trigger a monster blight?

You give the Insect Glaive a unique feature, and also give the Kinsect itself more utility than it's had previously.

Last edited:
The very reason I love monster blights is because it sounds like someone has been hearing my desire for an actual projectile-based weapon that can truly give monsters a taste of their medicine. Although...my idea was a weapon that employed monster breath sacs that could be swapped in and out. But MH just using another variety of "magical bug" in its implementation fits even better!

It's enough to make me wonder if the main team (or maybe even the portable team, in Rise's upgrade) may finally use this as a springboard for a new weapon. To me, it's just a new mechanic and playstyle that's begging to be elaborated on further.

The other idea I could imagine was to give that kind of feature to the Kinsect. We already can give the bugs elemental properties through upgrades, so why not go a bit further? Like perhaps give up power or speed in exchange for raw element that can trigger a monster blight?

You give the Insect Glaive a unique feature, and also give the Kinsect itself more utility than it's had previously.
Yeah, an anti-HH concept for a weapon is a really strong idea.

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
A weapon that debuffs monsters as opposed to the HH buffing players sounds neat, but I imagine it'd need a particular effort into balancing the mechanic so as to not be OP.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
A weapon that debuffs monsters as opposed to the HH buffing players sounds neat, but I imagine it'd need a particular effort into balancing the mechanic so as to not be OP.
My basic ideas were as follows:

a) While Doot Doot and Bug Stick are Blademaster weapons that can afford to get in the monsters' faces, this "Kinsect Mage" concept would be a Gunner that would need to keep their distance, and rely wholly on their bug(s) doing the work. You'd also have to still call it back, because stamina would be a thing.

b) Like with IG and HH, the name of the game would be utilizing a variety of different Bugs that can offer different attributes and "spells". A stronger, yet slower Fire Fly that has excellent mix of raw and elemental damage (and so can proc Fireblight in monsters fewer hits), and also has stun/exhaust? A faster Fire Bug that is faster, can cut tails, but has weaker raw, yet also offers Poison as another debuff on top? And, of course, as you advance in the game, you'd get access to more and better bugs that offer even more options.

Also, if IG's Kinsect doesn't get the ability charge up before release back, we could transfer it over here. 4/4U's Kinsect charged attack spamming was so much fun~!

Now, with that done, I guess it's time to get to much more pertinent updates!

Mecha-themed armors have always been my bag. I just didn't anticipate the mud weasel would be the latest contributor to such!

Also, Capcom decided to bless us with a six-song sampler. Magnamalo doesn't disappoint!

open.spotify.com

Monster Hunter Rise original soundtrack mini album

Capcom Sound Team Ā· Single Ā· 2021 Ā· 6 songs.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Almudron female armor looks terrible. Honestly all of the new female armor sets they've shown so far look terrible.

Hopefully the like of Zamtrios and Nerscylla are in the game if only so there's some good looking female armor.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Magnamalo's theme is so freaking epic. Just a month to go...šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Almudron's armor not only looks amazing on both male and female and the weapons we have seen, palamute and palico gear are great, specially palico being a Miku armor, I really thought it was going to be a new bug,

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really tempted to grab the MH Rise switch. My wife wants a switch, I just feel like there's an upgraded model right around the corner.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
There's a demo right?
Edit: yes I know MH demos suck. I played one of the psp games and liked it but it's been a long time and felt like double checking the flow first. G was too stiff for me

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
This game looks epic as all hell but I feel like I will be so overwhelmed with it all, it'll probably prevent me from getting it. I have no clue of what all of this is about lol. Do MH games have tutorials or are you thrown in the deep end to discover everything on your own?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game looks epic as all hell but I feel like I will be so overwhelmed with it all, it'll probably prevent me from getting it. I have no clue of what all of this is about lol. Do MH games have tutorials or are you thrown in the deep end to discover everything on your own?
There are tutorials. There's also a training room where you can test out the weapons in a safe environment.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, there will be tutorials for every weapon, and the single player campaigns tend to start really slow, introducing each element piece by piece. They don't just start you off fighting a large monster with no idea what to do, you'll get taught the gameplay loop, foraging, exploring, the village facilities and fighting small creatures first.

Once you've got the basics down, heading into the online campaign is a fast way to learn then too, it's a really friendly community.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Stories 2 was what I was most excited for this year, but after the demo of Rise, I'm going to grab that as well. Stories 2 is still my most anticipated game this year though. Damn I cannot wait to ride some new monsties!