• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Wow, ending credits come early in this game!

Anyone know which star rating village quests go up to? Wondering when to finally jump into hub. Just unlocked 5 star village quests.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Gosh. I know I posted it earlier but coming from switch, which already looked and ran well, to full hd 144hz. Wonderful. Tried a few hunts in world yesterday to compare and I really do prefer rises faster movements. Love the palamute and wirebug

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was shocked as well. Like at how fast you fought the thing that caused credits too. Like there was no real build up and then it was done. Guess this is what everyone was frustrated with at the launch.

Nope, it was the that the hub quests ended one whole ranking early and without an actual end boss until they patched it in. You normally have a relatively early village fight with the flagship monster.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting into MP with my group and it is a blast. I'm not totally in love with how hectic things get with pets online, and there's def things I miss from world, but it's still a ton of fun. We're still very early; looking forward to HR.

I switched from Gunlance/Charge Blade in World to hammer and wow is it a ton of fucking fun. Impact Crater all day.

Dr. Sanchez

Nov 15, 2017
how does the post game content compare to World's base game? I'm thinking of holding off on a purchase until the expansion comes out.

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
how does the post game content compare to World's base game? I'm thinking of holding off on a purchase until the expansion comes out.
Postgame is admittedly not as big as World's.

There's no equivalent to Investigations or Seiges, which kept you coming back for the grind. Rise also doesn't have the big title updates that World did. What you'll be doing at the end of the game is farming monster mats to meld charms and craft decos, do Rampages for Defender Tickets which will allow you to craft Rampage weapons(fully customizable) or Ramp up any weapon in your arsenal(it's basically a more limited version of Safi'jiva's weapon upgrade mechanic), and take on Event Quests, where the latest ones are introducing strong, more challenging versions of Apex monsters and certain regular monsters(There's a Magnamalo event quest that hits nearly as hard as the demo one).
And in case you're not a big fan of Rampage, said quests with harder Apex monsters are giving those Defender Tickets as rewards, so there's a nice alternative.

Last edited:

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just got a fatal d3d error. I have a 3080ti and installed script mods.

Not sure what caused it or how to fix it.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't miss investigations and boy I hope they don't bring back Guiding Lands. That killed my interest in doing endgame in IB

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't miss investigations and boy I hope they don't bring back Guiding Lands. That killed my interest in doing endgame in IB
Yeah. Forcing you to grind in an area where it was literally impossible to fail (unless you fell asleep) really sucked.

MH without cart limits is kinda boring.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't played world in some time and it feels like i'm learning MH from scratch lol
Also forgot the sheer amount of information these games dump on you within the first couple hours. Excited to keep diving in though.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are there any verified working ways to get the cutscenes at 60fps? I keep seeing different mods in NMM but the comments suggest most don't work or break the game.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I know I am in the extreme minority, but after I got the hang of it, I didn't mind rampages so much. If you get a nice group of people going, and all are on the same page, dare I say it, it is even...kinda fun.

there's a shadow of a good idea somewhere in there but the execution is trash. I don't wanna sit behind a series of boring ballistas.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
Finally getting into MP with my group and it is a blast. I'm not totally in love with how hectic things get with pets online, and there's def things I miss from world, but it's still a ton of fun. We're still very early; looking forward to HR.

I switched from Gunlance/Charge Blade in World to hammer and wow is it a ton of fucking fun. Impact Crater all day.
I would at least try flying around the map with the gunlance since you are familiar with it. Its a fun time.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RiseTweaks works perfectly for me.
www.nexusmods.com

RiseTweaks

Unlocks the framerate cap in cutscenes. Can also set your image quality higher than 150%.

Hey thanks, this works!

But is there a way to automatically hide the REFramework program so I don't have to close it each time? Also, this makes my mouse cursor appear on screen (I use controller).

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Oof. Been cruising along learning the hunting horn and really enjoying myself. No huge hurdles, only carted a couple of times due to being greedy. Just unlocked rank HR7 and looked at the hunts that need completed. Woof. It's like someone decided to take every monster I suck against and put them in one place. Gonna be rough.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Hey thanks, this works!

But is there a way to automatically hide the REFramework program so I don't have to close it each time? Also, this makes my mouse cursor appear on screen (I use controller).
Auto-hiding would be nice! Hope someone knows how. For now I just click the cross and then move my mouse cursor off-screen on the right. It's a minor hassle, but cutscenes at 100fps and 2x resolution scaling is worth it (especially since that main menu screen doesn't seem to use any anti aliasing...).

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I keep trying to meld a Flinch Free talisman but keep getting other ones, am I doing something wrong?

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I would at least try flying around the map with the gunlance since you are familiar with it. Its a fun time.

I probs will once a few other friends bite the bullet and I need to go back to lower level gear to play with them. I gave it a spin at least in training and it all came back to me, so that plus wirebugs does sound like good news.

Last night was the first time we had actual game issues unfortunately. I think one was just steam maintenance but the other was my game fully crashing and freezing my computer. It was the fatal d3d error others are mentioning (1070ti fwiw). Soured me for a bit, but I will say, the fact that I could hard crash as the lobby host, boot back in and continue the hunt while my friends were still playing was great; plenty of other games don't have that functionality.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
there's a shadow of a good idea somewhere in there but the execution is trash. I don't wanna sit behind a series of boring ballistas.
You can, if you're good with them, they require the most skill to use, cannons and gatlings are more straight forward. Or you can counter signal and go fight them directly yourself, or use the various bombs and equipment dropped by enemies you handle correctly, or go riding them to fight other monsters, or do anything else you want. You clearly aren't utilizing all the tools at your disposal and once you get to apex you're going to wish you learned how.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017

Investigations were good because it gave you hunt modifiers to give you an extra challenge with a better reward, also gave you something different to do than choosing from the game's quest lists. Was handy when you needed more rare materials too.

Guilding lands was fun as an endless hunt but the added grind for layered and augmentation mats were not as cool.

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017
There is now an elemental weakness mod like it exists for World: https://www.nexusmods.com/monsterhunterrise/mods/54

54-1642544628-1233943597.png
54-1642544647-61297267.png
54-1642544661-606676724.png

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I keep running out of money. I'm at HR7 and these upgrades for all the weapons i'm experimenting with are sucking my wallet dry. Any easy method to earn some?

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
I keep running out of money. I'm at HR7 and these upgrades for all the weapons i'm experimenting with are sucking my wallet dry. Any easy method to earn some?

Do repeated mining runs on Flooded Forest with a mining surge and max geologist, and sell the ore you mine. If you return from quest before too long, the expedition will still have mining upsurge when you go back. I'm sure there's a time efficient mining route you could look up.

Barrakketh

Sep 1, 2020
Upsurge farming. I've seen more efficient routes if your movement is on point (and routes for every map), but here's an easy to follow example for lava caverns:

EDIT: Here are routes for all five maps.

You can also farm Kamura points this way when the upsurge is for locale items, this is handy for obtaining Pale Extracts and Dash Juices.

Apollon

alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2022
Honestly, unless you've got limitless free time and enjoy spending it on mundane repetition... I'd just use cheat engine for zenny (and maybe parts of monsters that you've already beaten, as well). Takes away nothing from the game, and will probably result in you playing it longer.

Mar 11, 2020
Ugh i been playing for 6 hours now, beyond me being able to to return it but this game is causing the classic random Denuvo hitching that ONLY happens in Denuvo games like every 30 min and it drives me nuts.

stemitchell

Nov 17, 2017

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Yeah. Forcing you to grind in an area where it was literally impossible to fail (unless you fell asleep) really sucked.

MH without cart limits is kinda boring.
that could easily be solved with the monster leaving the locale after carting 3 times to it. I liked GL, I hope they expand on it for MH6. Big interconnected map with seamless transitions is way forward for this franchise. I think GL was the blueprint.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm such a fucking sucker. Played this a ton at release on the Switch and decided I wouldn't buy it on PC. I just bought it because I was bored.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is using Wyvern blast on HBG a multiplayer faux pas?

Used to use it in World all the time if a hammer user wasn't wailing on the head, now in Iceborne people seem to be getting mad at me. I mean, I'll stop if it is, just wondeirng.

Last edited:

OrangePulp

Jul 21, 2020
that could easily be solved with the monster leaving the locale after carting 3 times to it. I liked GL, I hope they expand on it for MH6. Big interconnected map with seamless transitions is way forward for this franchise. I think GL was the blueprint.

I had the same thought of 3 carts causing it to leave. But for me, by the time I get to end game status and start to build up gear, essentially the point where I'd be running guiding lands, most monsters just don't have the juice to make me cart 3 times. Maybe if it's a tempered lunastra or silver rath or something. And the really nice thing about guiding lands or a similar system is that you can just chill there, killing whatever monsters show up. And if there's something you don't like, banishing ball. If there's something you do like, summon it. I liked the flow more than constantly going back to base after every hunt.