• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Warptoon

Dec 19, 2020
Also are the controls in the game laggy for anyone else? I swear once in a while my silkbug attack isn't coming out and playing Gunlance I don't even bother with charge shelling LONG guns because the charge just feels so unreliable.

I've only been playing MP though, maybe it's online lag? I should try some more SP.
I've had a few moments where my sheathed weapon action takes a few extra beats in hub missions.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna disagree about Rise's maps. These are pretty easy and straight forward imo. It's a big map so I'm not gonna fault the idea it takes a while to understand the layout but they really are not all that confusing. The only one that requires some thinking is sandy plains imo.

Now that's I've played Rampage, it's fun but I dunno if this is something I will enjoy an end game grind off. It's too much of a clusterfuck by the end and the apex monsters have way too much health. I like this as an additional quest type but not as an end game grind.

There's also something weird going on with the controls. I don't know if it's the game, the switch, or the pro controller but the game will flat out ignore button presses and I don't know why.

It feels like there is buffering when you want to interact with things. I find the combat controls plenty responsive but your dog and anything requiring a interaction is laggy.

ADS

Oct 27, 2017
This is by far the best feeling monster hunter game ever. I am a grognard who thought World was a bit of a step back from the 3DS games in terms of game feel (although I appreciated all the QoL changes), but Rise corrects all that and more.

I tried booting up World after playing Rise for ~10 hours or so and I don't think I can ever go back. I am a little worried about the Rise endgame, but it sounds like additional content is incoming.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Questions:

1) Is there no way to redo your pet fur color or appearance? Seems you can only change their clothing color from the buddy board.
2) Do jumbo wirebugs require replanting every map visit? Or are they permanent once installed?

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019

This switch skill for CB is so satisfying.

Really if you're not playing Buzzsaw CB what are you doing with your life

So how much endgame is focused on rampage?
In so far as the endgame currently exists, it's mostly rampages. Or at least, I've heard that's the most efficient method of farming stuff to meld charms with. Though you can get melding materials from any monster part as well, so if you don't mind being inefficient you technically don't have to do a Rampage at all. Might be repetitive though, and not sure what the actual math is in terms of how efficient Rampages are vs just spamming normal hunts.

That being said, endgame as a whole hasn't really taken shape yet, since the game itself isn't even technically finished yet. So maybe it'll end up being more efficient to do other things for endgame farming.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do 4 mans feel less chaotic when you start fighting larger monsters? Dogs really make things crazy.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Questions:

1) Is there no way to redo your pet fur color or appearance? Seems you can only change their clothing color from the buddy board.
2) Do jumbo wirebugs require replanting every map visit? Or are they permanent once installed?
Regarding 2, great wirebugs are permanent and you can't remove any that you place. Think of them as keys being used to unlock shortcuts. You get more via progression as well as through side quests.

kombucha

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2021
This is by far the best feeling monster hunter game ever. I am a grognard who thought World was a bit of a step back from the 3DS games in terms of game feel (although I appreciated all the QoL changes), but Rise corrects all that and more.

I tried booting up World after playing Rise for ~10 hours or so and I don't think I can ever go back. I am a little worried about the Rise endgame, but it sounds like additional content is incoming.
these takes are hilarious

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Do 4 mans feel less chaotic when you start fighting larger monsters? Dogs really make things crazy.

I put the hit effects much lower. But it does still make it slightly crazy. I do prefer to bring my healing cat more tho. Especially after getting the all sub camps :).

Got my first S-tier rampage. It went great. Tomorrow I am going to do some HR quests and finish up my village I think :)

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
How do you do the different levels for quick sheath? Is it like a weapon or armor upgrade?
Armor skills, to be precise. To give a brief rundown...

Pay attention to the skills on your armor as you craft it, as the more of each skill you have on it, the better the overall effect will be.

Later on in the game, you'll get the ability to craft decorations to put into armor slots, as well as charms that may have random skills on them. Both of which can help level up armor skills.

kombucha

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2021
User Banned (1 day): Trolling
So far your 3 posts about mh rise are:

1. You'll probably skip it because the player base is mixed on how they feel about (??)
2. A few in capcom probably like rampage
3. Positive takes are hilarious.

lol
is shitting on world and praising it's lowres copy a positive take? lol

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
oh boy i am hooked.

this isnt good.

the game is so fucking fun i want to get good at every weapon.

I am going to assume there isnt anything like the gardening/cultivating in this game though, is that correct? I guess ill have to keep grabbing honey when i see it.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I really wonder what the dev team's internal feelings on the rampage are and what they thought the reaction to it would be. Maybe the circles I run in are kind of like, unrepresentative, but it's just so weird to stuff the endame and multiple unique monsters into a mode that most players hate immediately

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I can almost agree with the guy, let's not go down this road right now as it's definitely not going to lead to any productive discussion with that kind of opener.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
oh boy i am hooked.

this isnt good.

the game is so fucking fun i want to get good at every weapon.

I am going to assume there isnt anything like the gardening/cultivating in this game though, is that correct? I guess ill have to keep grabbing honey when i see it.
The Argosy doubles as this game's farm. It works like the farm in Generations where you have to put a buddy to work.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
So I've attempted the Shady Monster mission twice now, and both times I slayed the wrong monster. Send help lol.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think anyone is shitting on world like you are assuming.

Also by calling Rise a lowres copy is an incredibly terrible take as you are basically downplaying all the work Ichinose and the team put into Rise. It's kind of disrespectful to say that and ignore what they did with the game.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
We went from people shitting on World for not being a portable game and being too different from the older games to people shitting on Rise for not being on home consoles and being too much like the older games.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017

It's okay to like world more than rise, and it's also okay to like rise more than world.

Rise changed some pretty fundamental aspects of traversal and combat with the palamute and wirebug. It's okay for someone to prefer that and find it hard to go back to a time without it.

Coming in and shitting on a game that you've said you're "waiting to get" is really lame, however.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Magnamalo's nova legitimately feels like a crap shoot. Carted twice to it, both times I managed to use the wire fall but...
  • First time the wire fall was unresponsive for some reason and I didn't do it until I was at low elevation.
  • Second time I got knocked on the ground instead of into the air.
Both times I tried to avoid getting hit in the first place, but there simply isn't enough space in some of the Lava Caverns areas. I think this is why I didn't have as much of an issue with it in the demo: There's a lot more space in the Shrine Ruins areas. It's a cool attack, but I really don't like how it feels when I just die from full because of its quirks.

On the plus side, got the plate!

Last edited:

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
reached rathian 4* village quest, and honestly nothing in this game so far has seemed as hard as i remember world or even the rise demo. i've only played about 10h each of 3u, 4u, and world, so this week before this game came out i spent about 4-5 hours playing the demo, in particular grinding against mizutsune, and that fight in the demo seems harder than the actual game so far. is that the case here - when i reach mizutsune in game, will it be easier than the demo?

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
reached rathian 4* village quest, and honestly nothing in this game so far has seemed as hard as i remember world or even the rise demo. i've only played about 10h each of 3u, 4u, and world, so this week before this game came out i spent about 4-5 hours playing the demo, in particular grinding against mizutsune, and that fight in the demo seems harder than the actual game so far. is that the case here - when i reach mizutsune in game, will it be easier than the demo?

The demo was far harder due to the armor set it gave you, yes. Village mode in this also has a scaled down difficulty, the quests in the gathering hub are tougher.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The demo was far harder due to the armor set it gave you, yes. Village mode in this also has a scaled down difficulty, the quests in the gathering hub are tougher.
ah ok. i managed to beat mizutsune twice in the demo so i was expecting things to be a bit more challenging, but maybe like you said that fight is just a lot harder with the demo gear. 👏

i personally don't mind the decrease in difficulty and i think it makes sense from capcom's perspective - it's much easier to tempt the hardcore back in with updates and challenging DLC than it would be to get newbies who bounced off the main content to come back.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
We went from people shitting on World for not being a portable game and being too different from the older games to people shitting on Rise for not being on home consoles and being too much like the older games.
We're going to go through it again when World 2 happens...

This game is on the easier side overall.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
They each have their own trade offs, but I'm positive if Worlds maps were more accessible from any angle like Rises maps, I would've liked it a lot more. Imagine a less dense Forest but instead of winding up a giant pathway you just climb the tree zippin all over. That would be incredible.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just reached 3 star guild quests and 4 star village quests. It does feel rather easy so far. Wirefall is pretty ridiculous at avoiding danger.

The only carts I've had so far were both against Magnamalo, both to the super attack. But Magnamalo is probably a lot easier than he would be if I hadn't played the demo, so there is that.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Anyone new players struggling and not having fun, I suggest you at least experiment with some different weapons before you fully give up.
A lot of times the combat won't click with you till you find the right weapon for you. It won't always be the coolest looking weapon that winds up as your main. It really depends on your playstyle.