• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Monster Hunter: Rise is the biggest 3rd party exclusive of the PS4/XBO/NSW generation: agree or disa

• Agree

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 92 71.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
User banned (1 month): platform wars thread creation, long history of bans for platform wars and trolling
The title is pretty self explainatory. This generation we got some very good 3rd party exclusive (Nioh, Octopath, Persona 5, SMT V is on the horizon), but in terms of "size" (sales, relevancy) I can't think of anything bigger than MH:R. Do you agree?

I am considering all full exclusives or console exclusives.

Deleted member 63122

Banned
Jan 16, 2020
The title is pretty self explainatory. This generation we got some very good 3rd party exclusive (Nioh, Octopath, Persona 5, SMT V is on the horizon), but in terms of "size" (sales, relevancy) I can't think of anything bigger than MH:R. Do you agree?

I am considering all full exclusives or console exclusives.
We can say FFVIIR, but MHR is probably going to fly past that in sales.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking strictly in terms of sales? Sure, I can't think of a 3rd party exclusive off the top of my head that did better then it's projected to.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I would say FF7R but Rise will probably demolish it sales wise. You may be right.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
One of the biggest, for sure. Although it probably won't be exclusive for very long if rumors are to be believed.

Oct 25, 2017
Sales wise? I don't like making predictions but it obviously feels like it will blow past anything else. It is a ridiculous get for Nintendo.

Edit: oops completely forgot about Spiderman, that one is also pretty huge!

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Sony didn't own Insomniac when Spiderman ps4 released so I don't know if that counts

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
FFVII is a way, way bigger deal.

And I say that as someone who is very much looking forward to Rise, and admits Rise will be a higher seller.

But in the hobby and influence in this space? FFVII Remake all day, e'ry day.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Isn't it coming to PC later down the line though?
One of the biggest, for sure. Although it probably won't be exclusive for very long if rumors are to be believed.
It's probably coming to PC so no.
If its coming to PC can it even be called exclusive?

I considered "1 console + PC" as exclusives because this generation it basically became the standard deal between platform holders and publishers.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The marketing deals with Call of duty , and GTA impacted PS4 more then what MH might will to switch

As on the previous gen they had Xbox deals.

Having those deals helped a lot

Ideally I expect Mh rise will technically as per op thread, the biggest exclusive in sales potential for the game

Jun 13, 2020
I'm gonna say no, since people who don't own a Switch are still able to play new games in the series, between World and the inevitable World 2.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31092

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Sony owns those IPs, Sony doesn't own spiderman.

Sony does own the Spiderman games however, a bit like Nintendo doesn't own the Bayonetta IP but they do own Bayonetta 2 and Bayonetta 3 (and the Japanese dub of Bayonetta 1).

I'm gonna say no, since people who don't own a Switch are still able to play new games in the series, between World and the inevitable World 2.

From the leak World 2 is years away and next gen only.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Bloodborne is full blown 3rd party exclusive title.

If not,just because Japan Studio helped, then TLOU 2 isnt Naughty Dog's game because out of all the 2000 and something devs that worked on it, ND's staff counted for less than 25%.

Also Spider-Man is 3rd party exclusive as well.
Until Dawn is very good 3rd party exclusive title.

there are a few more

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Proooobably but we will see. Counting only FF7 PS4 sales and Rise Switch should be pretty close.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Sony owns those IPs, Sony doesn't own spiderman.

Nintendo publishes games like Bravely Default in the west, those are still first party releases where they publish it. They certainly don't own that IP.

If it's publisher by a platform holder its first party, that's just how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.