• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This. Weird way of handling this imo.
i kinda get what they're doing. the leak is out there and all MH fans probably already know about it. there might be people who were expecting it sooner, so this might actually encourage some double dipping.
plus, it's the pro-consumer move to do and helps people make a better informed decision.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah that was a fun joke, I wouldn't get offended and hit that report button, personally. But that's just me.

On topic, website is now updated with a tiny Steam info.

unknown.png

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Announce cross-progression/cross-save and I guarantee Switch sales will go up.
I don't think they'll do that though given how World was handled.
What PC players need to worry about is not falling behind on updates again. It took them forever for PC to catch up to console World

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I'm just gonna get it on Switch. I'm glad pc players will get it eventually but it sucks they have to wait. They know people will double dip cause of the delay. It's the MHW strategy all over again.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I know the leak had basically confirmed it, but announcing a port on another platform one month before your exclusive launch on another platform is just bad business.

Then again, Capcom and undercutting releases on a Nintendo platform by announcing a port a month before release - name a more iconic duo.
In general I agree, but in this case the existence of the PC version has already leaked and with an October date, so announcing the PC version as coming in 2022 might actually mitigate the damage a little, some people who might have waited until October (with some thinking it might come even sooner) might not want to wait until 2022

Rappy

Oct 28, 2017
Awww how cute, they think we don't know about their deal with Nintendo for 1 year exclusivity. Respect to Sony for being more open about buying timed exclusives.
What? How are they more open? We still don't even know when or if FF7R is coming to other platforms. FF16 currently doesn't even exist on PC officially right now despite being revealed on one and a trailer saying it is.

johnro

Dec 8, 2017
Considering Monster Hunter World didn't had any cross progression between PS4 and PC i doubt they would bother implementing this for Rise now .

My guess this will be a basic PC port and that's it. Who wants to play now will buy the switch version and who wants to start from 0 again on PC version in 2022 will do that.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be a pain to wait that long, but there's no way I'm going to be playing on switch after being used to World on PC.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
That's so far away :'(. I think I'll probably just buy a used switch to play cause I don't think I can wait that long. This is probably gonna be the first time a double dip for a game.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Double dipping, 1st on switch for portability and 2nd on pc for (hopefully) stable high graphic fidelity.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Still a bit burnt out on MHW and Iceborne (can't believe I'm so far from both platinums after so many hours). I'll see if jumping straight into the later G-rank version alleviates that a bit.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
HYPE!

Hopefully it comes packed with the Expansion and Cross play when it finally hits PC

I wonder if the rumors of the Expansion being fully multiplatform are true as well

I wonder how demanding the Rise port will be... Could be playable on some of the newer model portable gaming PCs like GPDWin3

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Double dipping, 1st on switch for portability and 2nd on pc for (hopefully) stable high graphic fidelity.

I mean the switch to RE Engine should have been a clue to everyone that they are laying ground work for all of their titles to WOW us

I am very excited to see what it looks like when scaled up

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
i'm assuming they're gonna release the expansion and pc release (containing the expansion) at the same time
...or release the PC version in the game's vanilla state, say they're going to release updates for it quicker but not really, then have a staggered event schedule where one version of the game gets one thing and not the other version.

Christ, I'm not doing that again

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird they'd announce this now. Wonder how this will affect sales? Doubt it'll be by much but a few people will definitely choose to wait now at least.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird they'd announce this now. Wonder how this will affect sales? Doubt it'll be by much but a few people will definitely choose to wait now at least.
Switch is a massively popular system. It won't affect sales to any significant degree. This situation isn't anything like RE4 being announced for PS2 before the Gamecube version launched.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
very cool of them to confirm this before release. i'll be waiting for this, i like MH not not that urgent to get it day 1

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Suck we have to wait, but at least we know instead of the dumb shit Rockstar and Square Enix do.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good news for spec people.
I'll be enjoying the game come next march on my Switch. Will double dip when I get an amazing PC or something lol.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Par for the course for PC. I'll be playing on Switch tho. Not gonna wait another year. I love the reveals and monster releases as they come out.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Good news for spec people.
I'll be enjoying the game come next march on my Switch. Will double dip when I get an amazing PC or something lol.
Same! Happy for PC players. I don't have a gaming PC, so unless they decided to offer a Mac version (lol it won't happen), I'd still be playing the Switch version, but would likely double dip.

Aug 9, 2020
This game would really benefit from a cross-save. I'm not that interested in replaying the beginning of a MH game and regrinding for armor sets. I'll probably go with the switch version and hope for a save transfer.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
If you make us wait a year we're not going to pay you full price for your games.

Might try the PC version if it's at price parity with the Switch version when it eventually launches.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
On the plus side (and I realise it's a small thing in comparison), it'll mean PC players will be able to go from High Rank into the inevitable G-Rank expansion with much less of a delay than Switch players who are probably looking at finishing High Rank and then just chipping away at downloadable quests for months. I wonder if they'll release the complete game in one package on PC and the expansion on Switch at the same time next Spring?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I legit just want a Switch Pro ASAP. I don't need 4K/120fps. MH. But if I could get 720p/60fps locked in handheld mode, I'd be a VERY happy camper and that would easily satisfy my performance cravings.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I'll get it on Switch when it releases and probably check it out at a low price on PC down the road - this is great news though!

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Great news.

I may buy this on Switch long before it hits PC, but it's great to already know the console exclusivity window.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please Capcom PLEASE.

I want cross play too but I'm not getting my hopes up.
cross play might be unlikely, but there's really no reason for them not to make save transfer happen. at this point there's so many games supporting this between switch and pc (even ignoring f2p gaas games): witcher 3, hades, civ6, divinity original sin 2, etc.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
On the plus side (and I realise it's a small thing in comparison), it'll mean PC players will be able to go from High Rank into the inevitable G-Rank expansion with much less of a delay than Switch players who are probably looking at finishing High Rank and then just chipping away at downloadable quests for months. I wonder if they'll release the complete game in one package on PC and the expansion on Switch at the same time next Spring?
I don't think we will get the expansion that fast. It'll probably be like Iceborne and it's going to be available after summer. Unless World 2 is an early 2023 game in that case I can see rise ultimate in early 2022.