• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I like how people are trying to pretend Monster hunter console (yes that includes handhelds) warriors aren't all insufferable.

Ho Yeah I totally agree.
What's beyond dumb is that now, everyone can have his monster hunter, and that's awesome, but now, it's "my MH is better than yours".

I was frustrated by world cause I wasn't able to play it, so now I'm really happy to get rise, but that doesn't make world bad, it still exists... And 2 years from now, rise will be old story, and 6 will be the hot thing for ps5/xbox/pc.
And that's great.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
WHERE ARE MY HAMMER BROS?!?!?!

tumblr_oafby97v2X1ssr51lo2_400.gif

Where my Long Sword bros at tho

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm just glad we live in a world where Monster Hunter World and Rise can both exist and can both be good and can both be enjoyed by the respective owners of whatever consoles or handhelds or PCs they release on.

I don't know why we cant celebrate one without dunking on the other.

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
I have sharpened my real life dual blades. Where is my goddamn demo where I can wield my virtual dual blades?!?!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I like how people are trying to pretend Monster hunter console (yes that includes handhelds) warriors aren't all insufferable.
Exactly. We should be happy the franchise is going from strength to strength and will end up on all major platforms one way or another now. No more of this 'only the ones on my favoured platform(s) count, everything else is a waste of resources' crap. They have multiple teams, and timing the games to hit each platform when the base is there to support it is a strategy that's worked to get monhun where it is, as has the games releasing on a fairly regular basis. I haven't even played World, I don't have a home console/PC, but was still glad to see it bring in a whole new wave of hunters as well as show off the game in a way the handhelds couldn't. Everything good about Rise will eventually feed into the inevitable PS5 etc game in a few years time.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
WHAT ARE YOU DOING STEP BROS?

tumblr_mfjb0dkUTx1r0sqjpo1_500.gif

whats a hunt without FRESH DOOTS?!?!

I have used a Hammer in all four MH games I have played and I keep telling myself I WILL NOT use the Hammer this time and I will try something new, but I think we all know how that is going to go...

im the same. World i was able to try every weapon and found a liking to about 5, but the hammer feels like home....and raw destruction <3.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I'm not willing to let go of the Switch Axe as my main. But the Hunting Horn is looking very tempting.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
The PC version sold 2.3 million worldwide. If they're considering sales, it wouldn't make sense not to release it on other platforms.

www.pcgamesinsider.biz

Monster Hunter World on PC sold 4.5m copies by March 2019

We now have a better idea of how the PC edition of Monster Hunter World sold. In its integrated report for 2019 , the Japanese publishing giant said that the PC edition of the already-blockbuster...

didnt the leaks suggest it sold way more than that

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get to get my hands on that rad Swax and armour they showed off prior...

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I discovered the greatness that is charge blade playing World but now I'm thinking I want to try switch axe this time around...but charge blade is sooo good.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Give me all fated four, Lagi, Steve, Zamitros and my edgy Gore Magala boy please!

So far, I'm loving the roster and I have seen one monster in the leaks got me really happy too.

I wonder if they will add large snake wyverns.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As an exclusive in the PS4 prime years - how much would Rise sell now as a title developed with Switch in mind that has Nintendo exclusive marketing, looks "worse" and probably would have launched first on Switch either way ? It wouldnt come anywhere close to MHW numbers - which is the reason why Capcom is waiting for the big next-gen return with MHW2/VI to satisfy the demand on these plattforms again.

MH games also sold millions on portables before yet MHW wasnt developed with or for the portable market in mind.
Not saying multiplattform wouldnt make sense in general but MHR on PS4 wouldnt be able to perform nearly as well as MHW did - where the whole rollout and marketing was developed around it being a exclusive in Japan.

Either way...sry for keeping this topic up, i dont think its necessary to go back and forth on this in the demo thread.

I agree that it wouldn't perform as well as World, though considering the userbase of World I do think a PS4 version would still sell more than well enough in Japan for it to be a no-brainer unless there was some deal in place. But yeah let's not go back-and-forth on this as it's not really on-topic.

www.pcgamesinsider.biz

Monster Hunter World on PC sold 4.5m copies by March 2019

We now have a better idea of how the PC edition of Monster Hunter World sold. In its integrated report for 2019 , the Japanese publishing giant said that the PC edition of the already-blockbuster...

didnt the leaks suggest it sold way more than that

Woops. I was citing Iceborne numbers by mistake. Thanks for pointing that out.

Monster Hunter: World did 8,692,000 on PS4 and 5,953,000 on PC, with 3,184,000 sales being on PS4 in Japan.

Last edited:

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This whole comparison loses when MHW sold north of 8 million on PS4 alone.

It doesn't. At all. Because MHW didn't sell 8 million copies on PS4 in Asia.

Capcom can have a certain level of expectations of how this game will sell WW. They may feel that given how popular the Switch is in many key regions like Europe, Japan and North America, the system is enough to achieve the sales goals that they have.

However, they may not feel that they can maintain the series' current momentum in Asia without a PC release now that World has died down, because the cut through that console games get in the region sometimes pails in comparison to PC releases.

Circling back to the original point, Nintendo didn't need to pay for exclusivity for a game Capcom never intended to release on PS or Xbox in the first place.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Firing up MHGU right now just to find my footing a bit before jumping into this demo later. Haven't played MH in a long time, so this should be... something. LOL

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
My son just got into MH:W, so now I'm back into MH:W. I was hammers 24/7 my first character but have now discovered lance with grapple claw block and... oooohhhhh I dont know if I can go back.

We're both waiting to d/l the demo and see how our weapons fare.