• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
do the clouds exceed the size of the actual map for the sake of keeping it secret or is that the actual shape of it? because it looks significantly bigger than the Demo map.
I have a feeling it is probably a bit of both I do believe it will be about that size in mass though with hidden areas near the starting hub perhaps

Shaoran Hyku

Aug 6, 2020
So that's how the SOS system is going to work. We still don't know how big are the hub sessions going to be? Also it seems that you can search for 1 mission and enter in one automatically so you can't select the specific session

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
So that's how the SOS system is going to work. We still don't know how big are the hub sessions going to be? Also it seems that you can search for 1 mission and enter in one automatically so you can't select the specific session
It's Four players with each multiplayer hub and village which was already confirmed by Capcom and the MH direct & webpage.

Also it seems like Rampage is gonna have separate quests.
I noticed that too! wonder what they have instore quest wise seems maybe a little more than we think

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I noticed that too! wonder what they have instore quest wise seems maybe a little more than we think
I wonder its going to be multiple monsters, in the village, which is why you can roam all over it. Using the mounting action to have them fight each other is going to be cool.

Last edited:

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
I wonder its going to be multiple monsters, in the village, which is why you can roam all over it. Using the mounting action to have them fit each other is going to be cool.
The absolute thought of that or similar would be awesome!

PS. is it possible to get a countdown timer until release/ot for the thread please? :)

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Have you seen Gaijin Hunter's breakdown of the IGN interview?

Looks like a lot of stuff that was written on the English version wasn't even on the original Japanese. Even stuff like "hub quests will be easier" or "weapons will take less materials to ugprade."

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
The dual blades have the exact same armor set and weapons as the last gameplay we saw of the frost islands, and its in the frost islands again.
I feel like this all but confirms this is the 2nd demo
Not necessarily? The previous gameplay was also from IGN, so this could just be the build they gave IGN to play on. Nothing indicates that it would actually be the public demo build.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Not necessarily? The previous gameplay was also from IGN, so this could just be the build they gave IGN to play on. Nothing indicates that it would actually be the public demo build.
I mean, they need to have the demo ready to go by now at the latest. They need something for IGN to play and talk about. It makes sense to me.
Plus IMO the tutorial dialogue popping up over their previous gameplay is the real smoking gun. They would have to put a lot of effort into making a custom demo for IGN at the same time as making a demo for the public. It makes perfect sense

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
Final Monster Hunter demos traditionally have only a single map for all three quests - which keeps the file size down - along with the flagship monster as the advanced level quest. So how to reconcile that with how much the Frost Islands have been featured in IGN's coverage? One possibility is that they're replacing both the map and monster roster for the next demo. Putting Great Baggi as the beginner monster and Somnacanth as the intermediate might just work.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Isn't that because of the party system which Rise isn't going to have at all. If you want to play online now you have to be in a room.
It definitely was, in my case.

Usually, I played solo. But I had a designated party of friends we all had set up for when we played together. Cuz why need to set up a room when a party room was the same thing?

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a video and tried Charge blade today after trying it in 4U and being turned off by it. It seems good, but I still need to learn, I got my ass handed to me by the Arzuros since I still don't know it too well.

how exactly do i charge the sword? ive gotten the shield charge down, you press ZR when doing the axe charge move, but to charge the sword do i need phials filled or just to be able to charge phials?

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I watched a video and tried Charge blade today after trying it in 4U and being turned off by it. It seems good, but I still need to learn, I got my ass handed to me by the Arzuros since I still don't know it too well.

how exactly do i charge the sword? ive gotten the shield charge down, you press ZR when doing the axe charge move, but to charge the sword do i need phials filled or just to be able to charge phials?
When your sword goes into the shield for the shield charge, press and hold X till theres a "locking in" movement. I think the camera sort of zooms in as well.

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
I made such a pointed effort to Not Think about Rise's impending release since it was announced, but I can only memory hole it for so long -- I have reached a point where like, 5% of my brain's CPU is always quietly vibrating in anticipation. And it will only get worse.

:(

:)

:(

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know yet if Rise will have in-game voice chat. Me and two friends want to get it but if we can't voice chat without jumping through hoops, it's a dealbreaker.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know yet if Rise will have in-game voice chat. Me and two friends want to get it but if we can't voice chat without jumping through hoops, it's a dealbreaker.
Almost certainly not, or it would have been touted as a selling point. You'll likely have to use the NSO app (or Discord).

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
No in game voice chat and no support for the nintendo switch online app. You have to use something like Discord if you want to voice chat.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Ah ok, thanks guys. Guess it's a pass then until the rumored PC version. Really disappointing considering even 3 and 4 Ultimate had in-game voice chat.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I still remember getting the Limited edition with Wii speak and only used it 3 or 4 times.
My Logitech Wii keyboard was more useful and still using it with MH World and the Rise demo.
I got the limited edition too, and set up WiiSpeak according to the instructions (was it on top of the sensor bar ,on top of the TV?). While the free online play was fun and I poured 250 hours into MH Tri, and it was the thing that really got me addicted to MonHun going forwards after bouncing off the PS2/PSP games, WiiSpeak went into the bin after a week or so of trying. I just got really good at the in-game keyboard instead.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Final Monster Hunter demos traditionally have only a single map for all three quests - which keeps the file size down - along with the flagship monster as the advanced level quest. So how to reconcile that with how much the Frost Islands have been featured in IGN's coverage? One possibility is that they're replacing both the map and monster roster for the next demo. Putting Great Baggi as the beginner monster and Somnacanth as the intermediate might just work.
This would make sense, but Somnacanth feels like a monster from much earlier in the game than Mizutsune

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I have to mention this, but the new armor sets are looking like a big step up from World. The Aknosom armor for great sword and switch axe looks pretty damn good.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Has there been more info about the game from IGN First besides a better preview of Ice area and confirmation of Desert and Volcano maps from the leaks?

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Feeling like we'll get the fourth trailer showing off the desert map this week. The past two weeks has largely been reposts.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling like we'll get the fourth trailer showing off the desert map this week. The past two weeks has largely been reposts.
This week would be a good time for the trailer, especially if there ends up being one more before the game's launch.

Desert map this week then the volcano map + the reveal of the first post launch monster a week or so before launch is my guess for how the marketing schedule will pan out.

Preble

Nov 7, 2017
Is there anyway to change the button inputs when you are on a dog? I want to switch the jump to the Y button. ZR is too awkward for me.