• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Yesh I absolutely undershot that estimate, didn't realise the confirmed list was that high already.
It's actually rather crazy how much we have confirmed. For T3 mons we have like, Rathalos, Magnamalo, a few arguable/ones that shift tiers like Mizu, Barioth, and the new mons are unknown like Yatsukadaki, etc. for T4's we don't have a single ones except potentially Magnamalo - even if it's T4 that just reduces the T3 count which means we should have quite a few there alone.... very exciting stuff!

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Honestly the more I think about it the more I think mizu is just a really nasty monster to throw in the demo, I'm not surprised new players struggle agaisnt it. Bubble status is a lot to deal with sure but mainly it has that full-body tail flip that is super powerful and has parctically zero startup or telegraph, and I feel like monster attacks are generally much better tuned than that particular move

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I know it is chinese but how I wish Capcom would add a Jiangshi themed armor to the game, or at the very least brings back Oolong set from World.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
I have now tried each of the 14 weapons. Beat Mizutsune with both the Great Sword and the Sword & Shield; almost beat him a third time, with the Light Bowgun.

The bow and bowguns are loads of fun -- aiming, shooting and reloading has great feedback, and there are so many types of ammo and coating to try out.

I wonder if our demo settings (i.e. custom controls) will carry over to the full game. I also wonder if the digital deluxe kit can be bought separately after launch.

I would also like to know how the full game will be structured in terms of quests, etc, and also how many boss monsters you think there will be (the kind we hunt down in quests).

Excited for this now!

Light Bowgun has, for the longest time, been one of the most versatile and fun weapons in Monster Hunter! I've been playing MH since Tri, and LBG has always been my main weapon. They're even more fun and flexible to use in Rise, what with the Wirebug craziness. :)

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I wish we cold use ZL for wirebug abilities on ranged weapons, I don't like at all having to press R (or L, I haven't played for a while but I don't like the current input).

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
I have now tried each of the 14 weapons. Beat Mizutsune with both the Great Sword and the Sword & Shield; almost beat him a third time, with the Light Bowgun.

The bow and bowguns are loads of fun -- aiming, shooting and reloading has great feedback, and there are so many types of ammo and coating to try out.

I wonder if our demo settings (i.e. custom controls) will carry over to the full game. I also wonder if the digital deluxe kit can be bought separately after launch.

I would also like to know how the full game will be structured in terms of quests, etc, and also how many boss monsters you think there will be (the kind we hunt down in quests).

Excited for this now!
Nice! Glad you enjoyed it, my first MH demo I hated. Seems you did good with the best weapon SnS. Its such a versatile weapon that can KO, cut parts and keep up constant pressure.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Yesh I absolutely undershot that estimate, didn't realise the confirmed list was that high already.
It's actually rather crazy how much we have confirmed. For T3 mons we have like, Rathalos, Magnamalo, a few arguable/ones that shift tiers like Mizu, Barioth, and the new mons are unknown like Yatsukadaki, etc. for T4's we don't have a single ones except potentially Magnamalo - even if it's T4 that just reduces the T3 count which means we should have quite a few there alone.... very exciting stuff!
In general, the portable series tend to have larger rosters than the console games. Portable 3rd had 40 large monsters compared to Tri's 18 and 3 Ultimate had 51 large monsters.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
In general, the portable series tend to have larger rosters than the console games. Portable 3rd had 40 large monsters compared to Tri's 18 and 3 Ultimate had 51 large monsters.
Yeah. 31 base in World, should be higher than base-World for *sure*, but how much, who knows. I'd guess 40-50 range myself, if we get >40, excellent, >50, that would be even better. More than that would be a dream and ideal.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, look at this chameleon dragon -- I don't remember this one being announced before:

Awesome design!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, look at this chameleon dragon -- I don't remember this one being announced before:

Awesome design!

Pukei-Pukei is neat. Though by chameleon dragon I thought the actual chameleon dragon got announced and I hadn't noticed.

oonazuti.jpeg

I really hope Chameleos makes it's fifth gen debut in Rise.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably gonna get shit for this, but I never liked Deviljho.

Such a freaky ass monster design. It freaks me out for some reason. I guess it's because how disproportionate his body is.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
what in the god damn

Yar matey, thy long sword, it be broken.

What's funnier is that the helmbreaker is broken damage-wise (10mv per hit->46 at red gauge), but the counters are also completely overtuned. Not risky to use, high reward, just safe to use high reward.

Balance does matter, but honestly if peeps want a broken weapon to stay broken, I just couldn't care less either way. If it gets nerfed, cool, game is more balanced, doesn't change much else though; if it doesn't, meh, only really impacts speedruns and those chasing the meta. We'll see how the full release is balanced!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if weapons are broken or not, just don't introduce DPS checks. That's when it becomes more and more of an issue.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
It's fine if they nerf the damage, especially on helm breaker, that shit is broken, but I will be sad if they remove the counters.

I think instead of removing the counters they will make the counters a bit more risky to use. Unlike some of the other weapons, LS you aren't really punished for your mistakes.

So basically high risk and high reward.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably gonna get shit for this, but I never liked Deviljho.

Such a freaky ass monster design. It freaks me out for some reason. I guess it's because how disproportionate his body is.

He is a big, annoying pickle. Lacks the style of Glavenus or the finesse of Anjanath, but I guess Capcom was proud of having a TRex-like monster back then.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Long Sword is going to have much changed, maybe some motion values if they're not working right. It was already overpowered in World and it's not like they changed it much, in fact they made it even better.

Murr

Banned
Dec 5, 2019

Excited for this now!

Nice! I'm seriously considering going GS/SnS/LBG this time around. I highly recommend messing around with the LBG, it's such a dynamic weapon atm, there's always some trick up your sleeve you can switch things up with.

I'm particularly excited to build a gun collection in-game... just dozens and dozens of bowguns, all with different ammo loadouts, testing out armor set ups to bring out each guns strengths! Maybe even making gimmick sets for those ones that are generally considered to be subpar. And then busting out melee weapons whenever I don't want to think so much.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
I think instead of removing the counters they will make the counters a bit more risky to use. Unlike some of the other weapons, LS you aren't really punished for your mistakes.

So basically high risk and high reward.
Yeah make it like the Gunlance counter where you have like 0.5 seconds of counter time

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Any educated guesses on what other monsters might be in Rise?

I'd like to think the Baby Tetsucabra seen in the recent trailer confirms that the big frog itself will be back. Amphibians are back as a class, and we can't have newbie Tetranadon all alone.

Speaking of Amphibians, I really would like Zamtrios again, though. Awesome roar, awesome design and awesome fight with three different modes to shift into.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Bring
Back
Duramboros
Just felt an impulse to commend you on the impeccable taste you have concerning monsters in the Monster Hunter™ franchise. May your day be splendid with good blessings around every corner, fellow Duramboros patriot!

Lol anyway I haven't played mh since 4 ultimate so I imagine I'll have quite a bit to get used to. I'd fight the bubble monster first but I'm afraid I'll get my ass kicked and feel really stupid. :(

Will probably just stick to dual blades like I did going from 3u to 4u. Any cool new moves they have? Do they still revolve around demon mode?

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just got my shit kicked in on the advanced hunt...how much health does this thing have. Fainted too many times, any tips, I'm using the slash axe

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Bring back Valtrax since World didnt bring him back.

Literally one of the coolest monster designs and an absolutely fun fight.

Harmony

Dec 1, 2019
Japan
Just got my shit kicked in on the advanced hunt...how much health does this thing have. Fainted too many times, any tips, I'm using the slash axe
Just gotta keep fighting him and get used to his tells. You can't afford to overcommit combos against him if you still don't know his attack patterns.
Once you get familiar enough with his attacks, you can start to Switch Charger through a lot of them (his roars included) since you get full invincibility frames on it.

Last edited:

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Woohoo! Beat Mizutsune with the Hunting Horn without carting once.

Man, can it be March already? I want to carve up these monsters and wear their skin.

Oct 27, 2017
Lagiacrus probably will be back. Its the poster child for leviathans and very popular.
Odograron will be back as well i feel cuz its popular and Japanese inspired
I feel glavenus would return as well although i suspect perhaps (with DLC) all the fated 4 will come back as well

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Lagiacrus probably will be back. Its the poster child for leviathans and very popular.
Odograron will be back as well i feel cuz its popular and Japanese inspired
I feel glavenus would return as well although i suspect perhaps (with DLC) all the fated 4 will come back as well
I'd settle for Lagi, Serigios and the ceanotaurs at this point

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'm going to be a bit sad if they don't bring over some of the better World monsters. Like if we get Pukei Pukei and Tobi Kadachi but not monsters like Nergigante/Velkhana I'll be a bit bummed. But they haven't shown any elder dragons yet so maybe they're in too.

Harmony

Dec 1, 2019
Japan
Zinogre (Utsushi can be seen wearing some of its armor)
Tetsucabra (Baby one visible in the gathering hub)
Bulldrome (There's a single Bullfango roaming around the Shrine Ruins)
Great Jagras (Jagras seen roaming around Shrine Ruins as well)

Other monsters that were missing from world due to technical limitations:
Leviathans (ie Mizutsune and Royal Ludroth):
Lagiacrus
Agnaktor

Temnocerans
Nerscylla

There's already been one Temnoceran teased in PV1, so there'll probably be at least one more monster using the skeleton, hence why I threw Nerscylla in there.

I think this game's starting roster will be around 40+ IMO (very large!).
They'll probably surprise fans with a lot of returning classics and greater monster variety now that they don't have to worry about World's engine.

Last edited:

Pakooly

Jun 25, 2020
As a big fan of MH Tri and 3U, I would like to be able to fight against Nargacuga, Brachidios and Diablos once again in Rise.