• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems some of the styles moves were moved to the grapling hook mechanic. But otherwise looks quite close to World gameplay.

Looks great.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a nightmare capcom… After finally giving us the Monster Hunter we deserved with World, and us rewarding you with the biggest sales of your entire history, you go on to make an exclusive version for the Switch which actually looks good? I'm so fucking pissed right now, why did you do us dirty like that. This is the most anti-consumer move I've seen, and I've been a consumer for 37 years! I went through all your Megamen, your Street Fighters, your Resident Evils, and your Monster Hunters, and now you pull this move on us? You just lost a lifelong customer Capcom, and I forecast a long term downward trend for your business if this how you treat your loyal customers. Us gamers deserve better than that, Monster Hunter's legacy deserves better than that, and through those trying times, mankind deserves better than that. I'm so gutted right now.
what was the original post for this pasta?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a nightmare capcom… After finally giving us the Monster Hunter we deserved with World, and us rewarding you with the biggest sales of your entire history, you go on to make an exclusive version for the Switch which actually looks good? I'm so fucking pissed right now, why did you do us dirty like that. This is the most anti-consumer move I've seen, and I've been a consumer for 37 years! I went through all your Megamen, your Street Fighters, your Resident Evils, and your Monster Hunters, and now you pull this move on us? You just lost a lifelong customer Capcom, and I forecast a long term downward trend for your business if this how you treat your loyal customers. Us gamers deserve better than that, Monster Hunter's legacy deserves better than that, and through those trying times, mankind deserves better than that. I'm so gutted right now.

You forgot the /s

ditusjack

Oct 26, 2017
This is straight up Monster Hunter World, it was funny to hear they describing turf war without calling it that.
Can't wait to play.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a meme?

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
Yes the world looks gray, but thats only 1 zone out of usually 4. Open world obviously and not like usual classic MH. With the limited power of the switch. I'm giving them a pass. MH is all about Monster and Hunter animation, if that feels good, we good.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Hella excited since we are recently playing Generation Ultimate.

Nargacuga variation please

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
This looks so good! I love the new monster designs, Zamturtle, purple angry boy, fire bird, triple triad, amazing!

The palamutes look cool, nice to be able to zoom around the level without worrying about stamina.

I was hoping for a demo but I guess its too early for that.

Oct 25, 2017
product_img01_esrb.png

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
You can't post this in a thread that isn't the General Nintendo one. People won't appreciate it.

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im gonna assume it does considering all the World stuff you see in the game. Turf wars, vigor wasps, a more developed mount system.

I'm hoping for SOS Flares, how harvesting/ mining worked in World as opposed to previous titles, catching bugs by click of a button rather than buying a net that breaks, etc. Turf wars and vigor wasps in the trailer left me feeling hopeful.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't find the original meme help.

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
New Monster hunter announcements feel like Christmas. This looks so fun! I was worried it was going to be just an adventure game at first but then I remembered they ALWAYS just have the player running and showing off the new movement during the first trailer lol.

New monsters and weapon attacks look fun too! Looks like the World moveset is being implemented which is a great choice! Idk if I can play gunlance without my forward hop now.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The new monster designs so far look fantastic. My fav being Tetranadon.

Monster variety is really lookign good. We've already got multiple bird wyvern skeletons, the Arzuros skeleton, an amphibian, a temnoceran (Nercy!), and both the Tobi-Kadachi and Zinogre fanged beast skeletons. after just the first trailer.

I find it funny they felt the need to fast forward sliding through that cave. Hopefully the Palamutes help speed up traversal cause did it ever get tedious in World.

Actually needing to hit a target moving through the air to heal could really help balance the healing palico gadget in comparison to the vigorwasp spray.

I'm not a fan of the game visually. Where's the color at?

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
What are the chance for a Switch Pro Monster Hunter Bundle like with the New 3ds ?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Looking fantastic, I always love seeing more mobility options in MH. And as a dog fan, the Canyne is long overdue. You just know they're going to do another Mega Man collab to give it a Rush skin.

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that, after this announcement, third-parties change on how they view their support for Switch and stop treating the system as a port/later release machine. About time some big publisher decided to broke the cynicism regarding it.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Wow. Huge vistas and areas. Can't wait to tussle with monsters, shooting up and down walls, but with a great overview of the fight.

Fireatwill

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Greatsword, Long Sword, Chargeblade, Switch Axe, Sword n Shield and Dual Blades in the trailer.

Where's the ranged weapons, hunting horn, and most importantly, Hammer?! Did I just not see them?

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
The movement looks incredibly fun. Love the dog as well. Wow. Switch is going to break all sorts of records in 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.