• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be preordering/preloading whenever it's available. That just looked so much better than I expected.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's already on the eShop. Preordered.

Oct 25, 2017
4yB3Mss.gif
Is that a grappling hook+jump cancel finishing with a heavy forward kind of move? Holy shit that's insane!

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
User Warned (3 Day Thread Ban): Console warring
No, most like it. Some people just are grumpy because it's not on a graphical powerhouse
Also salt is still running high from yesterday's PS5 reveal. Wouldn't be surprised if there are some people who are internally mad that Capcom announced a Switch exclusive Monster Hunter but haven't announced any new monster Hunter for next gen.

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Played a lot of World and really missed portable MH. So I'm geeked. Looks great, new ideas. Wow!

Day 1.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter Rise looks better than I could have imagined. On track for a day one purchase so far, let's go.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Is it reasonable to expect the Iceborne weapon moveset updates to be in this? I kinda need my Iai Spirit Slash.
Some animations look straight up like they do in World so I'm hoping the same. Also the dog mount is too similar to the palico ride feature so I'm curious who came with the idea first.

I just need to figure out which switch I am getting for this game. Let's see if they announce that rumored Switch pro so I can hopefully get the original cheaper.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Does the flagship monster seem really boring to anyone else? I just feel like with tetsu and odo we've done the "scales resemble decorative feudal japan armour" thing before

Shoulda been the platypus is what I'm saying

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is at least console exclusive. I don't take pleasure in not letting others play the games I want but after getting burned by so many Japanese devs ignoring the Switch in favour of the PS4, I think it's only fair Switch get this one exclusive. The sequel to World will be on the PS5 anyway.
It likely will be. The PS5 and Switch are just so far apart in terms of graphical power that this sort of thing is necessary unless you want one of the platforms to be a shit experience.

Rise should be thought of as the new Portable, while World thought of as the new numbered entry IMO.

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't a fan of the clutch claw and not a fan of how this insect hook thing looks either. I'd have preferred it if they kept the styles/arts from the generations' games. I'd like to see more about how it plays but I'm currently not hyped at all for this.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So with the insect grapple hook you can just grapple thin air?
This is gonna have a stamina meter or something, right? Cause otherwise you can just...fly around the map???

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna have a stamina meter or something, right? Cause otherwise you can just...fly around the map???
It looked like you could only use it a set number of times each time you went into the air. Like twice, I think.

They mentioned in the Direct that you bring "several" wirebugs with you, so I imagine that it'll be on a charge system that regenerates over time to stop wacky map breaking shenanigans.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of the use of color(or lack thereof) in the trailer but otherwise it looked kind of fun. Never played a MH game before so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wanna guess who's going to be dumbdumb and is getting this game digitally and and physically, even with a Deluxe / Collectors Edition if it comes to retail in Europe?

Need more hints? Dude has a Stormtrooper avatar. With red background.

okabe/captain/dusk/nate/zhuge/matrixman/reddit person redeemed!

Looks like reddit person wasn't redeemed but put another medal on his leaker/insider jacket.

It's weird that people are requesting Capcom release this on PSP, but I'm ready for it.

*Remembers the claw* ... i disagree.

;]

TheWildCard

Jun 6, 2020
I'd be more excited about World 2 but makes sense that Switch needs MH titles considering it's dominance in Japan.

Aug 12, 2019
39GiQBi.png

The comments on Twitter are gold lmao

Ah look at the children who don't know their Monster Hunter history and also are completely unaware that Monster Hunter has always been a Japanese IP that sold millions upon millions in Japan.

It's kind of like Dragon Quest, Western game fans are astoundingly unaware of the fact that franchises are huge in Japan and appeal to certain player bases over there in big ways.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Chubby platypus tortoise monster = best new monster. No need to @ me, we all know it's true.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I feel about it yet. On one hand, the palamute is awesome. On the other hand, seems a bit Worldy with flashy attacks from GU (which I wasn't very fond of).

Gonna wait for more info this coming TGS.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This looks great. Portable MH, oh have I missed you.

I'm in there. Can't wait.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Personally, I don't really like how this game looks, but the mechanics look fun.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought that scythe was a cool looking CB, but on a closer look it's way too long. I think it might actually be a new weapon type.

Status
Not open for further replies.