• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do u think is the announcement ?

• MHW Expansion

Votes: 648 56.0%
  • MHW non-Expansion DLC

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • New Monster Hunter Game

Votes: 102 8.8%
  • A Monster Hunter Game Port

Votes: 158 13.6%
  • Crossover Event

Votes: 128 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
Principality of Catalonia
Not sure how to vote in the poll. If this is g-rank, it's an expansion, but they usually don't do that as DLC, but as a "new" title with the g-rank built in this time, don't they? That would fall under both expansion and new game. :p

But considering how they gave a few monsters really early and then fuck all after that, going to have to guess they have been extremely hard at work on g-rank because of how well world sold.
They are not going to give the middle finger to an installed base of 10 million that has a very good chunk located in the West where G-Rank as DLC would be the expectation.
As has been said before, the most likely model for G-Rank when it is announced is how Street Fighter V Arcade Edition did it. Full price release at retail containing the original game plus the download code for G-Rank. DLC at a decent price for those who already own the original.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They are not going to give the middle finger to an installed base of 10 million that has a very good chunk located in the West where G-Rank as DLC would be the expectation.
As has been said before, the most likely model for G-Rank when it is announced is how Street fighter V Arcade Edition did it. Full price release at retail containing the original game plus the download code for G-Rank. DLC at a decent price for those who already own the original.

This is what i expect and hope for i certainly won't buy the same game again for an xpack, as a PC gamer that's just unthinkable.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Switch owners be thirsty as fuck in here, phew!

Really looking forward to what this is. Honestly, I think it might be them laying out a roadmap for this year with new events and monsters and that leading to a G-Rank Expansion at the end of the year

Not sure how to vote in the poll. If this is g-rank, it's an expansion, but they usually don't do that as DLC, but as a "new" title with the g-rank built in this time, don't they? That would fall under both expansion and new game. :p

Man if they did their usual G-Rank shit instead of just a new edition with it and then offering it as a download to existing owners they would immediately destroy all their good will,all their hype from this year. Capcom would literally shit on every single one of their new customers lol

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain this G-Rank thing please, if that's what it is can we expect new monsters and locations or is it just the same content again but harder?

This is the first MH game I've played so maybe I just don't get it but that... Doesn't sound overly fun?

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
This is what expect and hope for i certainly won't buy the same game again for a xpack, as a PC gamer that's just unthinkable.
I bought MHFU (twice for local coop) when I already bought MHF2 (twice for local coop) but that was a different time. MH sales were dominated by Japan where buying a physical expansion was more accepted and paid DLC was nowhere as prevalent as it is now.
Paid DLC G-Rank is the only thing that makes sense with the install base being huge. The risk of alienating users like you is just to big to ignore.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can someone explain this G-Rank thing please, if that's what it is can we expect new monsters and locations or is it just the same content again but harder?

This is the first MH game I've played so maybe I just don't get it but that... Doesn't sound overly fun?
G-Rank is a new Level of difficulty and Content after you beat "High Rank". So new Monsters, sometimes new Location too. Old Monsters being super crazy strong in comparison to before.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
G-Rank is a new Level of difficulty and Content after you beat "High Rank". So new Monsters, sometimes new Location too. Old Monsters being super crazy strong in comparison to before.
Don't forget G-Rank sometimes will introduce more variants of existing monsters e.g. Silver Rathalos, Gold Rathian, Jade Barroth, etc. and reintroduce old monsters that are not in the current version of the game e.g. Zinogre.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

Usually its 2-3 brand new monsters and color variations of existing monsters with new moves and loot to craft, kinda like Pink Rathian and Azure Rathalos.

In the older games, some monsters that were in previous entries but did not make in the current game would be added in as well as old maps from past games but since World is a brand new fork of the MH series I don't think that will happen here. Probably just new monsters and maps if the expansion rumour is true. G rank also adds a new tier to equipment so expect rarity 10 items and purple sharpness for weapons among other things.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Because I'm a realist/cynic 'everyone' just means everyone that is already playing World. Like, hey guys you're all (everyone) enjoying MHW right? Well check out this new battle thing that is coming to it! New DLC etc, or crossplay? Maybe.

The latching on to a throwaway phrase in hope of 'everyone' meaning - E V E R Y O N E - in the universe even those that own a console the game isn't on cause its getting a port baby! is silly IMO.

Trust me, I'd love MHW to be on Switch, I wish it had never left! But I can't see it happening.

xEik

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If it is indeed G-rank i hope for actual new monsters not just reskins under a different name (Jagras/Dodogama, Radobaan/Uragaan)

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just want a full-length story mode co-op expansion that introduces new monsters, two new locations, new gear/weapon that are crafted with new monster materials, and overall more things to indulge on.

I hope it's not just skins/reskins or just cross-play.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think that all sounds good but prefacing that with "I just" is pretty funny.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The man is thirsty, okay! "I just" bought this game like a month ago and I already feel the waiting pain of new content, though I'm still deep into it and loving the hunt/experience. I want to feel the "new discovery" adrenaline again! :D

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Well ended up staying up all night for this. I'll be going to sleep happy or dissappointed 😭

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I appreciate the links everyone. I woke up this morning wondering where the hell to watch this.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
rewq-rW3oeSPk5Iw4CY0FRpSM6j1uNxTXbd60SDuJr0.jpg

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just one arena event added.

Fight Quropeco. He can call any monster in from the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.