• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do u think is the announcement ?

• MHW Expansion

Votes: 648 56.0%
  • MHW non-Expansion DLC

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • New Monster Hunter Game

Votes: 102 8.8%
  • A Monster Hunter Game Port

Votes: 158 13.6%
  • Crossover Event

Votes: 128 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
You don't know that. You need to think a bit outside the box. Maybe they'll use a different engine for the game as EA is doing with Fifa. Or they can rebuild the game specifically for the Switch as Square Enix is doing with Dragon Quest XI. We don't know what they will do, but if they decide to bring Monster Hunter World on the Switch it's because they believe they can do it.

square Enix is not rebuilding dqxi, what are you talking about?

I mean, we don't know anything

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
They had to cut the resolution down to a QUARTER, and frame rate in half and downgrade both games significantly.

This game does not run anywhere near 60fps on PS4 and xb1, thus they cannot cut the frame rate in half. Unless you want a 360p15fps MH:W.

Lol you are really underestimating the switch hardware.

http://monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/sp-program/
15 minutes prerecorded video presentation
yeah i don't think it's g rank :<

why not?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
So do we have proof of an exclusivity deal, considering the game released on Steam in Asia? Or are people talking out of their asses?
It's not on Xbox in Japan. Unlike literally every other Capcom game. Despite having a full Japanese localization in the western Xbox release too.

Also the PC release wasn't announced as coming in Japan/Asia until right before the release. There was a PR blackout in Asia, Tencent accidentally announced it first in fact. This is unlike the west where PC was confirmed from day one.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I think people are taking the 'everyone' too literally.

Probably a content patch, an expansion at absolute BEST.

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, Capcom realizes that they can only coast on goodwill for so long. They know they need to strike while the iron is hot or risk losing interest. If they were smart, then would have been working on an expansion or something.

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
I lost faith on Capcom regarding MHW what a missed opportunity. Since launch they only added to new monsters the rest either reskin or useless event monster

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
As it's only a 15 mins presentation probably gonna be a new collaboration of some sort like the final fantasy one and a possibly a tease for g rank.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
If it's Monster Hunter World on Switch, I hope they are going to announce it soon. I want to start MHW on PC in a week or so. Would gladly wait for a Switch version no matter how far away it is.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"I'm not port begging, but Capcom knows we want MHW on Switch!"

It's not coming to Switch unless massively downgraded. We currently have MHGU on Switch with more than likely an exclusive experience for the platform later on. Let it go. Free your mind

The switch won't get an exclusive monster hunter game. The next one will definitely launch on every platform simultaneously.

Mrfb17

Senior Designer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I don't think MHW coming to Switch is good news for me personally. Its a cool announcement but I've put 200 hours into it and done everything... Its cool if its on Switch but it seems actual good news would be Switch Port AND G Rank expansion or sequel news.

MHW is needing new content and new monsters imo. Such a rich library of monsters that would be a great addition to G Rank or an actual Sequel. I understand Switch would be great news but not earth shattering.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think MHW coming to Switch is good news for me personally. Its a cool announcement but I've put 200 hours into it and done everything... Its cool if its on Switch but it seems actual good news would be Switch Port AND G Rank expansion or sequel news.

MHW is needing new content and new monsters imo. Such a rich library of monsters that would be a great addition to G Rank or an actual Sequel. I understand Switch would be great news but not earth shattering.
Pretty much. G rank is the thing that would make the most people happy.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
At this point I'm thinking it's a new map and a handful of new monsters, maybe a new feature. G-Rank would be a full on Smash Direct sized presentation. I doubt we'll get a new weapon but I hope it's as dumb as this thing from MH Frontier ZZ.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i know Era loves the Switch to death but a port for it doesn't qualify as something that would "make everyone happy"

it's probably DLC content and "everyone" for them just means "current owners"

Oct 27, 2017
This entire thread consisting of people hoping for a Switch port.... geez

This. It's like, "Ok guys. You told us the game would fail on consoles and it broke records and now you want to play MHW on Switch too. Unfortunately, unless Capcom massively downgrades the game to run on Switch, it's not going to happen. Stop with the port begging."

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
The Switch got Generations just this year right...? is it that much different then World for people to want a Switch port(no Switch yet,so I havent really looked into Generations)...

Anyway what I would like is a nice expansion,with 2 new islands or so,with a small campaign like story to go with it,while introducing the new Monsters and stuff.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018

Playstation teasing a Switch port?

Sony going third party.

The Switch got Generations just this year right...? is it that much different then World for people to want a Switch port(no Switch yet,so I havent really looked into Generations)...

Anyway what I would like is a nice expansion,with 2 new islands or so,with a small campaign like story to go with it,while introducing the new Monsters and stuff.
Generation is an HD port of a 3DS game. They are completely different games.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Switch got basically the best compliation of old-school MH. World is a different beast that is more focused around home-consoles, pushing the engine, stripping out the legacy MH things that plagued the series for decades and adding new and improved things.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Playstation teasing a Switch port?

Shows you how big Nintendo Switch is.

431646576495165441.png

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to change my vote to the movie. I forgot they just released pictures the movie last month so I'm pretty sure this is going to be a movie trailer because they believe that would make everyone happy they have no reason not to believe it would make everyone happy.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if it's an expansion (which is the most likely) will it only be offered as a new game people can translate their saves into, or will it also be sold as dlc for people with the base version?

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
if it's an expansion (which is the most likely) will it only be offered as a new game people can translate their saves into, or will it also be sold as dlc for people with the base version?

previous games gave us a new G rank game, but i think it's more likely to be a DLC for existing owners with a new version of the game including the DLC being released

Status
Not open for further replies.