• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Looks like they do want parity soon.
PC Roadmap

"For the PC version, we are planning on making all previously released console-version free title updates available as soon as possible.

Our goal is to fast-track development and catch up with the console updates and release them at the same time.

Stay tuned for more news on when this will happen!"

That's the game plan :)

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
they explained the first delay because they wanted to "try and get the PC version as good as possible." https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-you-have-to-wait-longer-to-play-monster-hunter/1100-6456025/

that turned out to be mostly talk, because despite the delay it launched with terrible connection issues, low res textures, no raw mouse input (frankly unacceptable for a PC title) ...and after launch there were still large delays in content from console. it's not like they fixed these issues promptly, either. the reviews on steam reflected this as well.

fast forward to today the game is good, issues have been fixed except for content delays, but it looks like there will be actual parity at some point, which will be nice.

smartazjb0y

Oct 18, 2019
Basically the same words lol. And PC never has parity with console.

I've been skeptical/annoyed about how they haven't really reached parity yet, and who knows if they will for Iceborne, but to be fair they do explicitly say "Our goal is to fast-track development and catch up with the console updates and release them at the same time" which is missing from your quoted July 2018 interview.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
I've been skeptical/annoyed about how they haven't really reached parity yet, and who knows if they will for Iceborne, but to be fair they do explicitly say "Our goal is to fast-track development and catch up with the console updates and release them at the same time" which is missing from your quoted July 2018 interview.

To clarify, the 'fast-track' comment above is from our updated PC product page that launched today which covers additional details about the PC version.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
I'll be in for launch. I double dipped on the base version, but skipped iceborne on PS4 this time around.

I just really hope they fixed the performance issues. With how well games like dead rising, RE2, and DMC5 run... it's pretty abysmal how shoddy the performance was for the base version.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
This. Fuck capcoms logic
It's not really Capcom's logic. SFV has crossplayand most of their games are day and date. This really seems like the MHW team didn't want to outsource it. Capcom is not like Rockstar when it comes to PC ports.

Also...

mhsteam.png

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's not really Capcom's logic. SFV has crossplayand most of their games are day and date. This really seems like the MHW team didn't want to outsource it. Capcom is not like Rockstar when it comes to PC ports.

Also...

mhsteam.png
Yes, but their mhw port was plagued with issues on pc. I am going to assume this wont change much. Also, wtf is up with the price? Gmg has the game for peanuts in my region, and steam has it for a ridiculous price.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but their mhw port was plagued with issues on pc. I am going to assume this wont change much. Also, wtf is up with the price? Gmg has the game for peanuts in my region, and steam has it for a ridiculous price.
Hmmm. I see it ten percent off on mine. maybe i should refund my steam purchase. 5 dollars is 5 dollars.

I agree with you though. I wish they had given the job to whoever ported Dragon's Dogma so we got it day and date and working well from day one but from everything i read the MH team wanted to do the job. Hopefully they learned a lot and improve going forward.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that trailer left me with some questions. Are any of the basic Guiding Land changes like the ability to lock regions be included at release, or is that a Rajang update feature? I love the ability to grind out low-level Guiding Lands for a while like I can right now on PS4. It would really suck if that was delayed by a month to preserve the full suite of update features for the Rajang patch. Also:

Mouse-and-keyboard controls have been revamped across the board to better suit the new actions and abilities available in Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.

... I have no idea what this could mean. World (Eventually) managed to make Mouse and Keyboard feel legitimately great to use and wound up replacing controller use for me entirely. Are we talking new single-key bindings being added for multi-button activated attacks (I.E. Dragon Piercer/Powerguard/Bowgun Melee, Vault, etc.)? Better default button mappings designed by people who commonly play PC games? What does this meeeeeeeeeeeeeean?

/And while I'm asking, will we finally get the ability to multi-bind individual buttons in a given tab that cannot overlap with any action but still requires a unique binding anyway? Having to dedicate my mouse wheel to map zoom level and ONLY map zoom level as far as UI-navigation goes blows.

Last edited:

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Man, that trailer left me with some questions. Are any of the basic Guiding Land changes like the ability to lock regions be included at release, or is that a Rajang update feature? I love the ability to grind out low-level Guiding Lands for a while like I can right now on PS4 and it would reeeeally suck if that was delayed by a month to preserve the full suite of update features for the Rajang patch.
With World all qol, balance and bugs changes/fixes were up to date with console versions from day 1.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With World all qol, balance and bugs changes/fixes were up to date with console versions from day 1.
That's a relief. Thanks! I remembered the weapon/bug fixes at launch, but couldn't remember any QoL changes were made between launch and title update one. Now to figure out what improved keyboard controls could mean.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Im surprised they didn't notice the game is dead on PC since everyone has beaten the content, there is no reason to delay it anymore.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
And this is the version I will be playing. Can't stand the extreme LoD pop in of the Pro/X versions, nor the frame pacing. Looking forward to it.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I've been waiting to play MHW for ages now. Guess I'll finally get it some time after March.

LeoDroid

Aug 13, 2019
Brazil
Glad to hear this! I would buy this on PS4, but I'm waiting for this PC version because my friends own it there and I'll be playing with them

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
I really want to be able to transfer my 130+ hours over to PC from ps4. If I can do that, I'll be a day 1 purchase

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
For a dead game I'm sure having a easy time finding people to play with all the time no matter what time of day lol

I got motivated to hop in and play a bit. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly but right now people just bail at the first sign of problem. Like 1 person carts and the SOS is canceled or people leave. Things seem pretty shitty.

Back to my usual solo play I guess. I prefer that but thought maybe I'd go for the 100% achieve.

rubidium

Oct 25, 2017
As PC & PS4 gamer, I honestly think delayed release really has a clear advantage, that is, they'd get balanced out version. As Capcom does extensive (or maybe not, I don't know the details) beta testing, the loot complaints / improvement suggestions always pop up after the official release, and they do patch it on the way. As I enjoy that whole process, part of me thinks people can skip the whole initial fiasco and wait the seasoned version..

Edit: Cross-play please, Capcom?

As PC & PS4 gamer, I honestly think delayed release really has a clear advantage, that is, they'd get balanced out version. As Capcom does extensive (or maybe not, I don't know the details) beta testing, the loot complaints / improvement suggestions always pop up after the official release, and they do patch it on the way. As I enjoy that whole process, part of me thinks people can skip the whole initial fiasco and wait the seasoned version..

Edit: Cross-play please, Capcom?
I doubt we get cross-play with World ever, due to the PS4-exclusive content. I do think that cross-play is something that is under heavy consideration for a gen 6 game, though, as they have far fewer excuses now that CoD has embraced it.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got motivated to hop in and play a bit. Perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly but right now people just bail at the first sign of problem. Like 1 person carts and the SOS is canceled or people leave. Things seem pretty shitty.

Back to my usual solo play I guess. I prefer that but thought maybe I'd go for the 100% achieve.

That hasn't been my experience on PC. SOS ppl are pretty chill, it's when I go on discords for groups, the lvl 150+ will just quit quests if people don't play "perfectly."