• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you excited to jump into this game, are you not? What do you like and/or don't like about it?

Chuck795

May 7, 2020
I've got like 20 hours into the demo lol. I love it. Little disappointed because I only use the IG, but whatever. I like the less cluttered map, makes it easier to navigate for me. I wish mounting damage wasn't so easy for everyone to do, or if I could mount a monster more than once, so I felt like I was adding something to the team.

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
Played every single entry and probably my favorite franchise in all of gaming. I'd say that yes! I'm pretty excited about it.
The added mobility from the palamutes and wirebugs is very welcome and a cool addition, so is the extra verticality seen throughout the new maps.

The return to crazy/flashy weapons and armor sets is also nice after some issues with that in World. All that's left for me to know now is the post game progression and full monster list : )

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited, but I really wish it was on all platforms. Even if it was the equivalent graphics but 60fps on Playstation/Xbox I'd be a happy camper. Having to jury rig my laptop to my switch and use discord to get game audio and voice chat through my headset is so stupid. Still though, demo was fun, clutch claw weakening being gone is great and the wyvern riding is pretty awesome.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Love it, really hoping for a switch pro for 60 FPS but happy also with base performance.

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
It looks incredible from videos I've seen. I'm abstaining from the demo because I know I'm gonna be putting hundreds of hours into the full game just like World

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited, but I really wish it was on all platforms. Even if it was the equivalent graphics but 60fps on Playstation/Xbox I'd be a happy camper. Having to jury rig my laptop to my switch and use discord to get game audio and voice chat through my headset is so stupid. Still though, demo was fun, clutch claw weakening being gone is great and the wyvern riding is pretty awesome.

At least it is coming to PC at some point.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The absolute next step after World, loving it. Will double dip for Switch at launch and PC later this year to play with PC friends.

Jimmy Joe

Aug 8, 2019
Looks and plays like a good old time

I'm very excited at the idea of having a more expansive roster of monsters with more varied skeletons

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Absolutely loving it, definitely more so than World so far even though I also loved that game. The added mobility is great.

My only problem is that my World main, Bow, feels like a bit of a downgrade, but that pushed me to try more weapons in the demo and now I have too many that I want to main...

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Are you excited to jump into this game, are you not? What do you like and/or don't like about it?

Excited i tried generations but i hated it i realized why i never got into it before world is the constant load times and segmented zones made the game seem so much of a slog to me.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I just noticed how bad the game's sound quality is, especially compared to World. Everything sounds muffled and compressed and lacks Oomph.

It's like they used super low quality sound samples from the 3DS games (did they?).

Really disappointing. World sounds... worlds better, it's not even comparable.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Absolutely loving it, definitely more so than World so far even though I also loved that game. The added mobility is great.

My only problem is that my World main, Bow, feels like a bit of a downgrade, but that pushed me to try more weapons in the demo and now I have too many that I want to main...

Bow feels terrible for me in the demo, though I dunno if it's because I'm half a year out of practice or because of the changes in the game.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
Bow feels terrible for me in the demo, though I dunno if it's because I'm half a year out of practice or because of the changes in the game.

I feel like you have to wait until the full game comes out as there are lot of things we haven't seen from all the weapons. I imagine the bow will feel a lot better in the full game.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It looks like a great step after World. But it really sucks it's only on Switch and the demo only cements that fact. Online is going to be...an interesting experience.

Nall

Oct 25, 2017
Wyvern Riding seems unnecessary, not too thrilled with the Wirebug at the moment, the voice chat situation is messy, and it feels like attacks have no feedback or impact. However, I still like it. It's more MH, and you can't go wrong with this series. My impressions will likely change in the future, but I need to mess around with the full game.

Edit: And I'm sorry, but I didn't realize this thread was for those who started with World lol. I've been there since the first game.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Love it. Plays great, controls great, performance is great and the load times are fast.

My main issue is the bow. God it's so bad compared to World

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Been extremely hyped since the 1st trailer, and really enjoying a lot of the new moves that are currently available at the moment. Really enjoying the demo.

Ready to lose a ton of hours on Switch then lose even a ton more on PC if it actually truly comes to PC like I did with World on PS4 and PC.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
It looks fine and plays fine but I'm a bit burnt out on MH with the time I put into World and IB already.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Weapon changes seem neat but i dont want to play this on my switch, hoping the rumored PC port will make the game look nicer.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Wyvern Riding seems unnecessary, not too thrilled with the Wirebug at the moment, the voice chat situation is messy, and it feels like attacks have no feedback or impact. However, I still like it. It's more MH, and you can't go wrong with this series. My impressions will likely change in the future, but I need to mess around with the full game.

Edit: And I'm sorry, but I didn't realize this thread was for those who started with World lol. I've been there since the first game.
Wyvern riding is pretty great IMO. It's kind of a combination of mounts and clutch claw. Being able to down a monster quick with wall bangs instead of stabbing it for no damage repeatedly as your stamina drains is a big upgrade to mounting and the ability to move a monster out of disadvantageous parts of the map is also an interesting bonus.

Weapon changes seem neat but i dont want to play this on my switch, hoping the rumored PC port will make the game look nicer.
It'll be better resolution and frame rate but I don't see them doing anything to improve the overall graphics.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not really a MH fan, I bought I think 4 for 3DS and couldn't get into it. I bought World for PS4 amateur but the framepacing issues and low framerate were too janky for me (I know PS5 fixes this and it looks glorious). But the demo for Rise has impressed me greatly to the point where I'll try World again regardless of jank. Also World and Rise can co-exist. Anyway Capcom has done a really good job with Switch optimization on RE Engine. It's not 60fps but it's a really smooth 30fps and doesn't have the framepacing issues. Yes, people talk about the supposed PC version but my PC is 10 years old and I prefer playing switch on handheld mode.

Derkon

Oct 25, 2017
Wyvern riding is pretty great IMO. It's kind of a combination of mounts and clutch claw. Being able to down a monster quick with wall bangs instead of stabbing it for no damage repeatedly as your stamina drains is a big upgrade to mounting and the ability to move a monster out of disadvantageous parts of the map is also an interesting bonus.

It'll be better resolution and frame rate but I don't see them doing anything to improve the overall graphics.

well seeing as this is 720p/30fps docked jumping up to 1440p/60fps+ is going to be a huge upgrade alone.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I just noticed how bad the game's sound quality is, especially compared to World. Everything sounds muffled and compressed and lacks Oomph.

It's like they used super low quality sound samples from the 3DS games (did they?).

Really disappointing. World sounds... worlds better, it's not even comparable.
Interesting that you say that. Haven't played the demo myself (game already preordered though), but in the demo thread there's someone who I trust who said this about Rise - "Sound design & surround implementation is FANTASTIC and reminds me of BotW in a good way. Very lush, natural soundscape that makes it a joy to run around."

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
World was my first Monster Hunter that I actually done in and loved. Tried the one on Wii U for a bit, but it never clicked with me until World came out. But man am I excited for Rise lol. I skipped the World expansion, so I just picked that up to play in the mean time to get reacquainted with the controls.

Love the new theme and setting. Love the armor designs and the new monsters. Especially that one at the end of the Wyvern Riding trailer.

Drblitzk

Dec 9, 2020
I've got like 20 hours into the demo lol. I love it. Little disappointed because I only use the IG, but whatever. I like the less cluttered map, makes it easier to navigate for me. I wish mounting damage wasn't so easy for everyone to do, or if I could mount a monster more than once, so I felt like I was adding something to the team.
I'm thinking/hoping that the mounting damage required to ride them is going to be different in the final game. They kind of wanted to show the mechanic so they made it extremely fast, but i can see them changing the threshold.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
I bought World in the beggining of the lockdown and I was super excited, but I was so sad at the time and with lack of will, that I played some hours and never return to the game, I was having fun, so I will give another chance, maybe I played in the wrong time. At that moment I just wanted a short game and a less complicated experience. So, talking as someone who is yet to really play Monster Hunter, Rise does look amazing and the wyvern riding looks pretty dope, the game looks even better than World

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Love this shit. I was burned when world came. Played world for 5 hours on ps4 and never came back. I remember hating that I new every single movement of all the monsters I encountered. The cluttered map was bad too. Too much information and i never new to where I should look.

3 years latter, i decided to try this demo. I actualy put 4h on the demo. I decided to uninstall because I don't want to feel overburdened in anyway. It feels perfect. I wish I could play this on PC. This MHR feels really special and I don't know why.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I
Interesting that you say that. Haven't played the demo myself (game already preordered though), but in the demo thread there's someone who I trust who says this - "Sound design & surround implementation is FANTASTIC and reminds me of BotW in a good way. Very lush, natural soundscape that makes it a joy to run around."
I actually think it sounds better than world!? Opinions i think..

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Love this shit. I was burned when world came. Played world for 5 hours on ps4 and never came back. I remember hating that I new every single movement of all the monsters I encountered. The cluttered map was bad too. Too much information and i never new to where I should look.

3 years latter, i decided to try this demo. I actualy put 4h on the demo. I decided to uninstall because I don't want to feel overburdened in anyway. It feels perfect. I wish I could play this on PC. This MHR feels really special and I don't know why.
It's a different team with a different philosophy.

I actually think it sounds better than world!? Opinions i think..
In case I was not clear the guy in the Rise demo thread I was referring to was indeed talking about Rise, not World.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It's a different team with a different philosophy.

But I never liked generations too much. It was just okay. I think I was really burned with MH 3 years ago. I could kill anything without armor. I was a beast. Now I can't barely do shit. That's why I'm loving rise so much. The flying mechanic is amazing. I hope they keep it for other entries. And the dog running makes everything better.

i just hope they actually teach about collecting things on the map. There was a lot of stuff to collect and I didn't understand what they were for.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I put somewhere over 100 hours into World, almost entirely single player, loved it. Never came back for Icebourne though.

Found Rise looks kinda muddy and harder to make out what's going on, maybe it's just been a few years and I'm out of practice. The armour sets look more confusing than I remember.
Characters and monsters look fine.

Still deciding if I want to jump in or not, the demo didn't sell me.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I put somewhere over 100 hours into World, almost entirely single player, loved it. Never came back for Icebourne though.

Found Rise looks kinda muddy and harder to make out what's going on, maybe it's just been a few years and I'm out of practice. The armour sets look more confusing than I remember.
Characters and monsters look fine.

Still deciding if I want to jump in or not, the demo didn't sell me.
That's the curse of MH demos, they almost never do.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
World was my first MH, and the Rise demo is fun, but I can't stand the framerate of it. I guess I'd get used to it, but I prefer more frames.

Also lance is my current MHW weapon and in Rise it's... OK? I miss the counter / mount from the claw in Iceborn a lot. Maybe there's a wirefly version of it I've just not discovered with lance. I also love hammers, but haven't tried them yet in Rise.

I don't think I'll be able to play this undocked though - the UI is atrociously small for older folk like me, and I have big hands, so getting the button combos when controls are attached feels really awkward, especially the 4 button "D-pad but not really" on the Switch.

Minor (but not) peeve - why can't I navigate the UI with anything else besides the faux d-pad buttons? No option I could find to change that.

I may just wait for PC on this one.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I have really enjoyed what I've played so far. On Switch it's shaping up to be possibly one of my favorite games on the system.

But man oh man do I wish/long for a Switch Pro. I'd pay a nice premium to have it at 720p/60fps and 1080p/60fps handheld/docked. I know it's eventually coming to PC - but I enjoy MH on a portable device I can dock as I please. Switch is perfect for MH... but the performance - and ESPECIALLY the IQ - is pretty medicore at best.

Also, lol @ no voice chat. Just pathetic in 2021.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Interesting that you say that. Haven't played the demo myself (game already preordered though), but in the demo thread there's someone who I trust who said this about Rise - "Sound design & surround implementation is FANTASTIC and reminds me of BotW in a good way. Very lush, natural soundscape that makes it a joy to run around."
Wow. I can say BotW is way ahead sound wise. MH Rise has surround effects, sure, but the individual audio samples are just not on par with other modern 3D games, it's like everything sounds really low budget/bitrate. Like something you would expect from a 3DS game.

Now take MH World on the other hand, that is what I would call FANTASTIC surround sound and lush and natural soundscape. It's on a completely different level.

Last edited:

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
As someone that put 700 hours into World, Rise felt fresh enough aesthetically that I didn't feel like I would get burned out quickly. I really loved the switch to a Japanese aesthetic. I think we've had enough of the more Western fantasy aesthetic of World for a bit. Nice change of pace.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I like the mons. I loooooved the environments in World though so the downgrade hurts.

Oct 27, 2017
I've played other Monster Hunter games before World but World was the first one I really got into. Put nearly 300 hours into it. Rise demo was fun but the frame rate and resolution are kinda bothering me.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
The map looks more empty and the graphics look shit tbh. Thanks Nintendo. If it comes to PC I'm all over it tho.