• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGB

Nov 13, 2017
Also in case it wasn't obvious I was kidding, especially as I am both a Nintendo fan and a Madden fan. Well... I used to like Madden, EA kind of screwed that up.
Heh, no worries, we picked that up. :)

My label must be a mess. I started with 3U emulated way after Generations was out. Hooked me enough to pick up a 3DS and Gen. Since then I've ended up buying playing most of them, even got little way into high rank playing the OG PS2 game emulated, analog sticks to attack and all.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
t1610028000z4.png

From the OP.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
So the person who leaked Smash Ultimate DLC characters and MH Rise has posted the details of mounting and...huh that is certainly interesting...

For anyone who is interested:

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've been wondering the same. Got my LE order in but haven't heard a peep about the other amiibo.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Ahhh crap, the guy said we might get the demo today. If that happens, I'm going to climax lmao.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I hope to see some more colorful areas because outside of the village I feel like I am only seeing mud.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I was excited to play MHW but got overwhelmed baaaaaadly, just dropped it due to lack of patience. Hope that the demo for Rise persuades me to cop

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I hope to see some more colorful areas because outside of the village I feel like I am only seeing mud.
Well the next area we are going to see is the ice/snow map.

If you are interested, here is the leaked list of maps Rise will be getting:

Shrine Ruins
Flooded Forest (MH Tri)
Tundra/Snow map
Sandy Plains (MH Tri)
Cavern Lava map
Water+Lava map

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is there a demo that is dropping today? Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Demos are the worst way of experiencing MH. Seriously. I hated the experience when I tried the MHFU demo so many years ago and now it is one of my favorite games.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well the next area we are going to see is the ice/snow map.

If you are interested, here is the leaked list of maps Rise will be getting:

Shrine Ruins
Flooded Forest (MH Tri)
Tundra/Snow map
Sandy Plains (MH Tri)
Cavern Lava map
Water+Lava map
Hopefully there's some Japanese aesthetic like sakura trees in the snow map because the remastered maps don't really fit the theme.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Demos are the worst way of experiencing MH. Seriously. I hated the experience when I tried the MHFU demo so many years ago and now it is one of my favorite games.

Yep, they throw you in at the deep end and are devoid of the element of planning a build/skills etc.

They should do a Dragon Quest and give away the first 10 hours.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Yep, they throw you in at the deep end and are devoid of the element of planning a build/skills etc.

They should do a Dragon Quest and give away the first 10 hours.

Exactly my thoughts, too. I would've loved to think that a year without E3, TGS, World Hobby, Jump Festa and the like to be concerned with would mean that the devs could focus on a demo that was more welcoming to the idea of trying to attract neophytes, instead of the usual "trade show demo" that was meant to be a 15-30 minute slice that was meant to give showgoers and the press a quick means to get in, try the game and get out.

More than likely, that wasn't going to be the case. But it would be so nice if they had a new ideal in mind when it came to how to best reinvigorate the prospect of a MH demo.

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
This probably isnt going to happen but I really wish they would come up with a solid voice chat option for Rise. Forcing everyone into Discord or those pre-set hunter shouts is just such a downgrade for me after playing World for the past 2 years. Ill get by for sure but Im going to be grumpy about it.

I hope the demo drops today. Im excited to check it out. This drip feed of info for the past few months is doing a great job at keeping the game on my mind.

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
I tried the MHGU demo and was pretty baffled tbh. Purely interested based on the hype it gets everywhere...

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I remember trying to get into the series via demos for so long before buying Generations Ultimate and hoping for the best. The Freedom Unite demo, 3 Ultimate's demo, one of World's free weekends, the GU demo itself, hell, I even have an old Tri demo disc from Gamestop around the time Tatsunoko Vs Capcom came out.

Of course, now that I'm into the series, I'm counting the minutes 'til the demo lol. Funny how that works!

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I tried the MHGU demo and was pretty baffled tbh. Purely interested based on the hype it gets everywhere...
The MonHun demos have had this criticism for a while- they throw you into 3 hunts with appropriate ranked kit, but really it's to show veteran hunters the changes rather than guide new players into it. The games themselves do offer plenty of tutorials for each weapon if you need them, as well as early quests easing you into gathering and navigating the hunting ground and fighting small monsters before they throw you up against your first large monster. The weapon tutorials tend to be listed separately as arena trials or training quests or something accessible in the village, so that anyone can play them at any time. As each weapon's controls are very different, it's done that way rather than slow down the main campaigns by making people learn weapons they aren't interested in. Hopefully this demo will include some sort of tutorial for each weapon as well as the hunts, but it still throws new players in at the deep end whereas the opening couple of hours of the main game are a real slow burn to get you into the swing of things, even in multiplayer.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Yeah it always felt odd how MH demos are all just like "ok here you go, have fun" without an ounce of guidance. Pretty daunting to newcomers especially considering how "clunky" the games feel (common complaint from newcomers who only play the demos).

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it always felt odd how MH demos are all just like "ok here you go, have fun" without an ounce of guidance. Pretty daunting to newcomers especially considering how "clunky" the games feel (common complaint from newcomers who only play the demos).
I get its nice to give old fans something but to me the point of a demo is to get new people interested in a game and MonHun demos are terrible at it. I was turned off by the monhun 3 demo lol

dabbling

Dec 3, 2018
For me personally this demo will be more about seeing how the game looks and performs. I know I'm interested gameplay wise but would like to see the game running on my lite before making a purchasing decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.