• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
Ooh can't wait for the Demo. Hope they shadow drop it. Have a presentation for work, then I am going to delve in. Super excited for rise

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
with limited time demos, once you download it will it remain in your purchase history or will they completely remove it from the eshop after a while?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
with limited time demos, once you download it will it remain in your purchase history or will they completely remove it from the eshop after a while?
With Monhun 'limited time' demos, it usually just means the hunts have a stricter time limit than usual. 30m rather than the usual 50m rings a bell, but it's been a while.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Have they ever had save carry over in Monster Hunter demos?
Feel like MH isn't a game where that makes sense cause early game is too slow to make a demo out of which is why GU and World just set you up with a few different armor sets against a few specific monsters

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I recently redownloaded MH Generations demo from my purchase history despite it being pulled (at least in EU territories). Same with other time exclusive demos from what ive seen.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Have they ever had save carry over in Monster Hunter demos?
Feel like MH isn't a game where that makes sense cause early game is too slow to make a demo out of which is why GU and World just set you up with a few different armor sets against a few specific monsters
I can't remember them ever doing it. MH Stories did, but the not the main MH games.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
The experience with Monster Hunter Demos on 3DS was that you could pick between all weapon types, with each having a prebuilt weapon and armor set. You then select between three different hunts, usually a beginner friendly one, an intermediate one, and a more difficult one. I believe you would also have the option of doing the hunts in multiplayer as well, but I could be wrong about that. That is the kind of demo that I am expecting and in that context, carrying over anything from the demo doesn't really make any sense, as you aren't really gaining anything or progressing at all. Honestly, these type of demos seem to mostly be for existing fans of the game and probably don't really benefit newcomers as they basically just drop you in a hunt with no real explanation.

I believe World had a different type of demo where it was only active during several day period. I didn't participate in that, so I don't really know any details on what it contained.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no saves carrying over is a bummer for me nowadays, with demo versions, but I'll try this out for sure
i imagine with the game likely having a slow start, it wouldn't make much sense to do a demo that's just the beginning with progress being carried to the full version. it makes more sense to release a demo showcasing gameplay in different stages of the game.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
i imagine with the game likely having a slow start, it wouldn't make much sense to do a demo that's just the beginning with progress being carried to the full version. it makes more sense to release a demo showcasing gameplay in different stages of the game.

Oh yes, I agree
it's just that this kind of demo arent' THAT interesting for me, nowadays (I briefly tried BDII for example, and deleted it after 1.5 hours)
Here I'll try the game to see a couple of weapons, a monster, the graphic impact and I'll probbaly delete it right after

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Can't wait for the demo.

Just how many leaks does Capcom suffer?!
1TB of data was stolen and the thiefs are releasing then in batches. So we will continue to get leaks until all the data is released.

I was thinking we would only get a trailer this week but this is much better. They'll probably show the new mounting system and also the changes to the turf wars.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah. I'm hoping they feature a few weapons to try out or something. Haven't really played a MH game since the psp days so hopefully this is way more streamlined. Lol.

That's the idea, they've been building on each entry since Tri- 4 Ultimate. World build on 4 Ultimate and Generations and and Rise is gonna build on World, adapting from it while having new mechanics and World is is most likely taking hints from Rise.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
If it wasn't already obvious, the weapons and armor that will be available in the demo are definitely the same sets they used for all the one minute weapon intro trailers.

If they drop it on Thursday or Friday, there's my plans for most of the weekend instantly dealt with lol.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to play the demo - between my past experiences with MH and everything I have seen until now from MHR, there is zero chance I will not love MHR, and so I'll just patiently wait for the game itself.
only 80 more days...

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I will probably try the demo, but that will make the wait for the pc version harder I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.