• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
I googled on behalf of anyone who clicked this thread and it's available on Amazon / Google Play / Vudu for $20, in the US at least.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
How was this? Not talking about how good of an adaptation it was, but just on its own, as an action movie, is it okay?

I found some enjoyment in the live-action RE films, so if it's like them, I'll probably like it to some extent.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How was this? Not talking about how good of an adaptation it was, but just on its own, as an action movie, is it okay?

I found some enjoyment in the live-action RE films, so if it's like them, I'll probably like it to some extent.
49% on rotten tomatoes. Hardly great but a better score than the resident evil movies

www.rottentomatoes.com

Monster Hunter

Behind our world, there is another -- a world of dangerous and powerful monsters that rule their domain with deadly ferocity. When Lt. Artemis and her loyal soldiers are transported from our world to the new one, the unflappable lieutenant receives the shock of her life. In a desperate battle...

Last edited:

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Bit of a tangent but Man. Does anyone know about that Chinese Monster Hunter rap song they used for this movie's marketing? ZhugeEX shared it once on Twitter...It's been stuck in my head for the longest te but I don't know the name of the track.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
49% on rotten tomatoes. Hardly great but better a score than the resident evil movies

www.rottentomatoes.com

Monster Hunter

Behind our world, there is another -- a world of dangerous and powerful monsters that rule their domain with deadly ferocity. When Lt. Artemis and her loyal soldiers are transported from our world to the new one, the unflappable lieutenant receives the shock of her life. In a desperate battle...
49% for a video game movie is a solid 76% in any other genre lol

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
This is bad bad, not so bad it's good like some of the Resi films. Monsters look cool but any time the actors are on screen it turns into a YouTube fan film.

Whoever thought dressing Ron Perlman up to look like the monkey king I'm not sure if that was their intention but it made me laugh at least. Milla was pretty terrible all round.

Anyone looking at the rotten score and expecting anything better than the Resi films should temper their expectations more than they likely already are.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was anything done about the "Knees Joke" in the film?

You know, apart from tanking any hope the film had in the Chinese Box Office.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna recommend you don't pay for it. Do not give monstrous human shit stain Paul W. S. Anderson any money, don't care how curious you are.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm waiting for it to show up on HBO or something. Then I'll watch the hell out of it

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

I would say its less enjoyable than the RE films. I just finished it and I will say I had some enjoyment out of the 2nd act, but the 1st and 3rd acts are pretty boring and cringey. And yeah, come on Ron Perlman.

Was anything done about the "Knees Joke" in the film?

You know, apart from tanking any hope the film had in the Chinese Box Office.
Its not in there anymore

Maximus2560

Banned
Sep 28, 2020
It's awful and stupid.....but the monster's vfx are great and there are some fun moments. The director sadly proves he's just talentless at his job.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
Silly question.. but does a poogie appear in this movie, even as a cameo? love those things.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I thought it was okay, personally. If you enjoyed the RE films then you shouldn't be taken aback by this film's flaws.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I went to the movies to see it with my nephew who is also a Monster Hunter fan, it was actually really fun.
There were a few surprises for fans of the series, and its really cool to see the monsters and weapons in live action.

Whoever decided to cast Ron Perlman in it, or at least his costume designer, should be fired.
Every time he was on screen we burst out laughing. He looks ridiculous. The rest of the movie is great though :)

ob2kckb0cw061.jpg

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
My 8 year old son has been counting the days till this was available on Apple TV. He even scheduled a play date with his best friend to watch it together. I'm sure he will think it's awesome regardless of what RT says.

OP
OP
chairhome

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Ron Perlman was definitely the worst part of this movie, imo.

I also might have enjoyed seeing and hearing the monsters in a theater.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I went to the movies to see it with my nephew who is also a Monster Hunter fan, it was actually really fun.
There were a few surprises for fans of the series, and its really cool to see the monsters and weapons in live action.

Whoever decided to cast Ron Perlman in it, or at least his costume designer, should be fired.
Every time he was on screen we burst out laughing. He looks ridiculous. The rest of the movie is great though :)

ob2kckb0cw061.jpg

that picture is hilarious, wow šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Weapons made to penetrate buildings - no damage. Explosive rounds - no damage. Bone sword and boomy arrows - infinite damage.

This is ridiculous and I love it. I can't wait for Monster Hunter 2.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
You know what, putting the chocolate story aside (I also think they cut the Chinese "joke", didn't they?), it was actually quite enjoyable until they returned to the human dimension (lol, oh dear) at the end and shoehorned a sequel teaser in literally last second.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Yeah, this looks like the sort of a movie I will rent for $3-4 or will watch online if the subscription streaming channels.

But hey, I kind of like some of the resident evil movies as I view them as B style zombie flicks, so yeah....

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I had a surprising amount of fun with this movie, but I also don't really know anything about the series.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Advocating and admitting to piracy
I don't want to support piracy but the whole movie is on YouTube for free with decent quality. That video is online for 3 days and I am surprised it is not yet pulled down. I just watched it and was super surprised by the end. It is not as bad as everybody says. The monsters are well animated and this what I was here for.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017

ob2kckb0cw061.jpg

Yeah, it was a fun little film for me. And I'm glad they casted Ron Perlman with this ridiculous costume and hair for the hilarity lol. Kept thinking he looked like the Mad Max kid grown up.

6ea58b6af557ede31955f1741800075d.png

Last edited:

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
Watched gaijn hunters review... he hatted it because the monster move sets were all wrong and the hunters were jerks

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
mid-credits scene. Don't forget to watch it.

movie sucked btw lol.

imagine having people like Ron Perlman, Milla Jovovich and Tony Jaa and just wasting them all.