• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I was hessitant to buy it on the switch at first because of the pretty expensive price, but what a fucking great choice I made when I bought it. Absolutely amazing game that everyone should experience, hope it's a success on PC and we get a sequel, it deserves it.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
Oh yeah! I am really looking forward to this. The demo had great music and everything I read about the Switch version had already convinced me.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Shame, I was hoping for the EGS store.
I'll get my coat
Seriously though I enjoyed this on Switch but never completed it. Will totally be double dipping and grabbing the Steam version and play it through to completion this time in glorious 4K on my OLED. Such a beautiful and polished game.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Y'all enjoy it. I 100% it 3 times across the PS4 and Switch and had great fun each time.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Glad it's finally coming. A bit ridiculous that it took seven months, though, even if Blossom Tales or whatever other FDG games bombed on Steam.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Game Atelier didn't start porting it to the PC until after the last patch on the consoles back in February. They're a small team.

Thomas Kern

Executive Producer at FDG Entertainment
Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Game Atelier didn't start porting it to the PC until after the last patch on the consoles back in February. They're a small team.
That's right, we first made the patch for consoles and took the codebase for PC. It's not a simple task - we unlocked the Framerate and added Ultrawide resolution support for the PC Edition (and more). It's not like we've been sitting on our hands all the time. :D We also need to navigate around the Summer Sales.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
added Ultrawide resolution support
Even 32:9! I wish all metroidvanias had this.

hhlsmEi.jpg

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
That's right, we first made the patch for consoles and took the codebase for PC. It's not a simple task - we unlocked the Framerate and added Ultrawide resolution support for the PC Edition (and more). It's not like we've been sitting on our hands all the time. :D We also need to navigate around the Summer Sales.

Looking forward to playing this on my Ultrawide at 500FPS. :P

Day 1, baby. Cheers.

Even 32:9! I wish all metroidvanias had this.

hhlsmEi.jpg

Sick!

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
ah, OK, I was under the impression that Blossom Tales and possibly other FDG games bombing on Steam was one of the main rationales behind deprioritizing the PC version, which would be frustrating given that Monster Boy is a very different game, and that Blossom Tales has hardly ever even been on sale on Steam. I stand corrected if that's not the case.

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
This reminds me: can we expect pre orders at least? Also if you are selling the game on humblebundle.com could u also offer a drm free ver. Of the game along with a purchase from there?

Thomas Kern

Executive Producer at FDG Entertainment
Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
OK, I was under the impression that Blossom Tales and possibly other FDG games bombing on Steam was one of the main rationales
In our company history of now 17 years many things bombed, but we also learned that you never know before so we'll naturally target as many platforms as possible with the best possible effort each time anew.

This reminds me: can we expect pre orders at least? Also if you are selling the game on humblebundle.com could u also offer a drm free ver. Of the game along with a purchase from there?
We don't plan to sell keys and only make it available on GOG and Steam. Pre-Order might happen sometime around July.