• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is cuter?

• Pepelogoo

• Kirby

• Jigglypuff

• Kirby sucks

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I got everything except whatever is down the well. I can't get the turning thing to appear again, though.

Thomas Kern

Executive Producer at FDG Entertainment
Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
So it's later this week for PS4 submission? Any reasons why it's taking longer?
We work on one patch + testing at the same time so that's why each patch has another submission day. PS4 submission is later because we don't have to go through Sony QA here and can submit it immediately after test. It will probably be the first one available.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
My copy arrived into New Zealand yesterday! :D :D :D

Now just need to wait to pick it up from my parents house LOL. Will the waiting ever end with this game????? 🤣

For me, Switch has had a pretty quiet year but daaamn the 4th quarter has been packed.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does this play different than the remake of Wonder Boy? I didn't really care for that but this looks more interesting.
The bones of it are similar -- the stick-and-move combat, the transformations to unlock new areas, etc, but the feel and physics are totally different. There's a much heavier puzzle focus in this one as well. It's almost like a side scrolling Link to the Past.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I went back to 100% it (23 hours) and now I kinda want to get the PS4 physical version to 100% that one also. lol

Oh, and I re-found a great gold farming spot I mentioned to Kyolux on Discord before.

Bottom left square of the Volcano has a respawning enemy that drops 20g bags (sometimes hearts if you're under full health). Equip the ice boots to walk on lava + double coin bracelet and you can get like 640g per minute.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I must say it warms my heart to live in a world where a new Wonder Boy game not only exists, but grosses $2 million in its opening week.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the hints guys. I'll try these tonight.

We work on one patch + testing at the same time so that's why each patch has another submission day. PS4 submission is later because we don't have to go through Sony QA here and can submit it immediately after test. It will probably be the first one available.
Great to hear this! Thanks!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
got this one today

having all monster world/boy games on a single place makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
I've finished the story and started collecting all the stuff I missed. I have a problem with the thunder truffle in the haunted mansion. I suppose I'd need Pepelogoo in the telescope but since I'm done with the story he's not with me. Is there anothet way to get that truffle?

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I've finished the story and started collecting all the stuff I missed. I have a problem with the thunder truffle in the haunted mansion. I suppose I'd need Pepelogoo in the telescope but since I'm done with the story he's not with me. Is there anothet way to get that truffle?

You can call Pepelogoo again if you go left when you enter the manor and interact with the mirror.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I beat the game last night. I loved every second of it! - now I'm working on getting 100% but maaan some of these question mark spots are making me sad because I have nooo clue how to get a lot of them so I pretty much just move on to the next area.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Oh, and if anybody needs a
At the end of the cloud level, just before the volcano starts, there's a mine shaft that you have to destroy in lion form. (Top left corner of the map.) There's a save spot before that, each run can net about 200-250 gold then die quickly at the bottom, respawn at the top and repeat.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So the US is the only place that gets it physically?
Canada. 🇨🇦

Oh, and if anybody needs a
At the end of the cloud level, just before the volcano starts, there's a mine shaft that you have to destroy in lion form. (Top left corner of the map.) There's a save spot before that, each run can net about 200-250 gold then die quickly at the bottom, respawn at the top and repeat.
I like the one I posted above, respawning enemy that nets you 640g per minute without any effort.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
just recieved the game! I love it, but small question, is the game more free, harder later on? It seems pretty linear right now and they always tell you exactly what to do, like you can't think yourself of the solution!

also this soundtrack rocks, some based yuzo koshiro, that sax!

Nice one by kobayashi too :

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
just recieved the game! I love it, but small question, is the game more free, harder later on? It seems pretty linear right now and they always tell you exactly what to do, like you can't think yourself of the solution!

also this soundtrack rocks, some based yuzo koshiro, that sax!

Nice one by kobayashi too :

It opens up as you get more forms. The dungeon order stays the same, though, like in Zelda.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Is this game supposed to be hard or what? Trying to navigate in pigform from the town to the forest in the beginning puts Bloodborne to shame.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game supposed to be hard or what? Trying to navigate in pigform from the town to the forest in the beginning puts Bloodborne to shame.

I didn't think it was hard, but others seem to think so. The save points are so forgiving, I never got too frustrated with it. I guess it's because I play a lot of oldschool games. The pig isn't great at fighting, but other forms can use equipment, so they're easier to play with.

If clouds are killing you, just run from them and jump over the fire. Your best bet is to avoid fighting as much as possible while in pig form.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I didn't think it was hard, but others seem to think so. The save points are so forgiving, I never got too frustrated with it. I guess it's because I play a lot of oldschool games. The pig isn't great at fighting, but other forms can use equipment, so they're easier to play with.

If clouds are killing you, just run from them and jump over the fire. Your best bet is to avoid fighting as much as possible while in pig form.

I managed it but I was surprised by the difficulty specially so early on, he moved really slow, there is mud everywhere that makes it more difficult to jump, the birds swooping at you can pass through terrain, those weird stump guys throwing shit at you, you die in 3 hits and the save points are 3-4 screens apart, it was kinda brutal for such an early segment of the game.

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Think I am gonna pick this up today. Normally I buy digital, especially on the Switch, but that old school manual and of course the stickers are tempting me!

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
Pig form only was really hard for me too. Those goddamn clouds that reverse your controls fucked me up good. Later I learned that you are probably supposed to just avoid fighting as much as possible and not try to kill everything.

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
I thought it was kind of funny how you have the bright visuals and cheerful music in the Fields, and then you get murdered by the cloud enemy. I died a lot XD

redrohX

Nov 26, 2017
The Netherlands
After reading through this thread I just had to order the physical version. Luckily, I found a national online shop (I'm not from the US) where they have the game in stock. Can't wait to play this!

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Damn, these last few chests are killing me.
Anyone have some advice for
the two chests in the haunted mansion? One seems to be in the piano room and the other one is in the gray square next to the generator.

Also, I'm 99,8% with the map discovery, and I can't find that damn last square... :D

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I just got to the part where...

The three heroes from the past revive you from the stone. That was so dope. Anyone saying this is a spiritual successor is nuts this is straight up Monster World V. Where is Asha, though? Is she still alive? How long does this game take place after Monster World IV? Pepelogo mentions her but I just assumed she was dead because of the stained glass at the church.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
the two chests in the haunted mansion? One seems to be in the piano room and the other one is in the gray square next to the generator.

Also, I'm 99,8% with the map discovery, and I can't find that damn last square... :D

I'd have to see your map to know which ones you're talking about.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man I just got to the part where...

The three heroes from the past revive you from the stone. That was so dope. Anyone saying this is a spiritual successor is nuts this is straight up Monster World V. Where is Asha, though? Is she still alive? How long does this game take place after Monster World IV? Pepelogo mentions her but I just assumed she was dead because of the stained glass at the church.

I think you should beat the game with 100% and then ask these things.

In the ending, Jin and Pepelogoo rescue a young green-haired girl who kind of looks like Asha, but is too young to be Asha. Asha was around 16 in MWIV, and this girl is maybe 10. The 100% shows an adult Asha trapped in some kind of portal in the temple, with Pepelogoo looking on. My guess is that this girl you rescue is Asha's daughter and Pepelogoo and Asha were looking for her and Asha got trapped in that portal in her search. Maybe in a sequel you play as Asha trying to escape or Asha's daughter with Pepelogoo by her side trying to find Asha.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I just got to the Lava section. Should I know how to open these blue spiked chests yet??

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I just got to the Lava section. Should I know how to open these blue spiked chests yet??

Those icons on them are so small, I didn't even see the icon until about halfway through the game. I can't play this game sitting where I usually sit. I have to pull up a chair and sit closer to the TV. It's not just the chest icons. I can't see the dialogue or the map either.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I can't remember the first one but I remember the second one because it was the last chest I got there.

I wasted so much time trying to enter from near the generator but it's not there.

2nd hint: Go to the left side to see the exit snake hole that's blocked by the block on the right side of the wall and look around.

3rd hint: Bath tub.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
The one on the left side. I've got the other one, thank you for the help Fuzzy !

http:///0Yad.jpg

You have to go into the big room to the right of that room and read all the music sheets on the stands while in the ghost dimension and then go into that room and do a puzzle where you hit the gold notes with switches.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Gamecentral reviewed it today, they loved it:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/14/monster-boy-and-the-cursed-kingdom-review-wonderful-reboot-8246142/

In Short: It might be missing the name but this is the best Wonder Boy game ever made, updating and expanding the original concepts into a perfect mix of new and old.
Pros: Great reuse of Wonder Boy III's best features while extrapolating them out into something more fluid and complex. Great puzzle design and animal forms. Excellent graphics and sound.
Cons: Uneven difficultly curve, especially at the beginning. Some minor problems with enemy and platform hit detection. Very thin storyline.
Score: 9/10

My copy finally arrived in the post yesterday, so hyped to play this on the weekend.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
I will be able to free roam after finishing, right? Almost done with the story but want to 100% it afterwards.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, sorry, it was a note, you're right.
Doesn't really matter now, I have all the achievements, everything is 100%.
Now I'm only sad because I can't erase my memory and play it again and again. I need more games like this! :)

Have you played the old ones? I listed them in the OP. I'd also recommend Shantae Risky's Revenge, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Shantae on GBC (3DS VC), and Iconoclasts.

I will be able to free roam after finishing, right? Almost done with the story but want to 100% it afterwards.

Yeah.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Ok, got it with the magic chests! So what are the Rainbow Drops for? :) Or should I not know yet?