• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is cuter?

• Pepelogoo

• Kirby

• Jigglypuff

• Kirby sucks

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed that the green-haired girl wasn't Asha.

Do you get anything special for 100%ing it?

Did the human girl in town turn into an animal?

Who was Tanuki Strider on the rooftop in town?

Why do those levels you play to get your animal forms back look all like retro 3D pixel games?

I noticed there's an owl following Lion-Man around in the anime intro, but there never is an owl familiar in the game, like Pepelogoo.

Last edited:

Thomas Kern

Executive Producer at FDG Entertainment
Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
Disappointed that the green-haired girl wasn't Asha.

Do you get anything special for 100%ing it?

Did the human girl in town turn into an animal?

Who was Tanuki Strider on the rooftop in town?

Why do those levels you play to get your animal forms back look all like retro 3D pixel games?

I noticed there's an owl following Lion-Man around in the anime intro, but there never is an owl familiar in the game, like Pepelogoo.

Did you 100% the game? There's a 2nd ending element

Thomas Kern

Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
So, I got 100% on everything now apart from 95% on coin chests.

I got question marks on both the Pirate Cove cannon location and the central Volcano room, the latter is weird because I already opened a coin chest in that exact location. Is this a bug?
So you're at 100% for everything except the Coin chest? I would assume the question mark nearby the cannon is a treasure chest with a golden part (hidden inside the left wall, to be reached with the invisible platforms (sniff to reveal them). The volcano coin chest could be a lootmaster glitch that we'll have fixed in the upcoming patch. It will replace the question mark with the coin chest symbol properly

Thomas Kern

Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
I miscounted lol.
2x physical Switch
2x physical PS4
1x Digital Xbox One x
1x Digital Switch
upcoming 1x Steam

So, 7 lol. If this were to come out on Vita lol, it would make it 8 and take the record I have from Oceanhorn lol.
This is just amazing! I can't thank you enough for this incredible support. We'll put your hard earned money to good use ^_^

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a possibility for cross save? I know that's far fetched in respect to Xbox One save carrying over to the Switch, or vice versa.. just thought I'd ask though.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
So you're at 100% for everything except the Coin chest? I would assume the question mark nearby the cannon is a treasure chest with a golden part (hidden inside the left wall, to be reached with the invisible platforms (sniff to reveal them). The volcano coin chest could be a lootmaster glitch that we'll have fixed in the upcoming patch. It will replace the question mark with the coin chest symbol properly

I already found the golden part, which on the map is one square up and to the left of the cannon question mark. In other people's walkthroughs they have a note sheet icon in the cannon square, and I got all note sheets. Are there two items in the same map square there?

Ys45

Oct 25, 2017
Holy s... is it me or the volcano area is pretty hard?
The game was pretty easy until I hit this place and now it became a new game lol

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I asked for this from my family for Xmas, and its getting pretty hard to wait. I'm so pumped to play this! I got to try it at Tokyo Game Show this year during my Japan vacation, and I loved it.

JohanKRS

Oct 27, 2017
Torres, RS - Brazil
I'm in the late game, and unfortunately I think I encountered a game breaking bug in the Switch version...
I had just returned the fortune cookie to Prof Hoot (I thinks that's his name) and he told me to go to the sanctuary. I headed to the mais town, noticed that the NPC text had changed and the nun wasn't in front of the sanctuary.
I did not enter the sanctuary, and instead went to search for some chests marked on the map (I went to the falls and the crystal cave).
When I returned to the main town, all the NPC text reverted to mentioning the graveyard, the nun was again in front of the sanctuary, Prof Hoot text also reverted to the graveyard and the quest marker is still on the sanctuary, but there's nothing I can do =/

dock

Game Designer
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
zgFRj43.gif

Really enjoyed my time with the game up until this point, where I got stuck for 40+ minutes. The game developer replied on twitter, explaining that the vines are independent creatures that will jump (teleport?) to the nearest mud.

The vine behaviour is so strange and poorly telegraphed. I'm dreading any arcane logic puzzles in the rest of the game. I really love puzzles in games I was surprised at how strange this puzzle was.

Anyone else have trouble with this or any other puzzles?

JohanKRS

Oct 27, 2017
Torres, RS - Brazil
zgFRj43.gif

Really enjoyed my time with the game up until this point, where I got stuck for 40+ minutes. The game developer replied on twitter, explaining that the vines are independent creatures that will jump (teleport?) to the nearest mud.

The vine behaviour is so strange and poorly telegraphed. I'm dreading any arcane logic puzzles in the rest of the game. I really love puzzles in games I was surprised at how strange this puzzle was.

Anyone else have trouble with this or any other puzzles?

I got stuck at some puzzles, specially in the
Haunted Mansion
but I don't think I spent more than 10/15 minutes in any puzzle.

Ys45

Oct 25, 2017
zgFRj43.gif

Anyone else has trouble with this or any other puzzles?

I got stuck at 2 places one time in Ice Cave and another time later in the game, it was not super clear what to do and I had the wrong solution and then had to check on youtube and good thing I did because I was totally off-track.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm in the late game, and unfortunately I think I encountered a game breaking bug in the Switch version...
I had just returned the fortune cookie to Prof Hoot (I thinks that's his name) and he told me to go to the sanctuary. I headed to the mais town, noticed that the NPC text had changed and the nun wasn't in front of the sanctuary.
I did not enter the sanctuary, and instead went to search for some chests marked on the map (I went to the falls and the crystal cave).
When I returned to the main town, all the NPC text reverted to mentioning the graveyard, the nun was again in front of the sanctuary, Prof Hoot text also reverted to the graveyard and the quest marker is still on the sanctuary, but there's nothing I can do =/
Yep, it was mentioned earlier. You'll have to wait for the upcoming patch to be able to proceed with the game.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Holy s... is it me or the volcano area is pretty hard?
The game was pretty easy until I hit this place and now it became a new game lol

Yeah there were quite a few frustrating moments, took me a few hours to get through, and I'm afraid it doesn't get any easier with the next location after that!

Thomas Kern

Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
Is there a way to avoid this or you will encounter this 100% ?
The progression glitch isn't 100%, here's an explanation how to avoid it
After Haunted House quest you receive an item. Return it and then go to the next quest marker. If you don't return it - or if you return it and don't go to the quest marker location, your quest state is vulnerable against a glitch that hits when you walk through a specific door in falls area during world exploration.
We submitted the patch for Xbox on Monday, Switch Today and PS4 EU/US this week. Once the platform owners have checked them they'll go live, it can't take very long now.

JohanKRS

Oct 27, 2017
Torres, RS - Brazil
Yep, it was mentioned earlier. You'll have to wait for the upcoming patch to be able to proceed with the game.
After Haunted House quest you receive an item. Return it and then go to the next quest marker. If you don't return it - or if you return it and don't go to the quest marker location, your quest state is vulnerable against a glitch that hits when you walk through a specific door in falls area during world exploration.
We submitted the patch for Xbox on Monday, Switch Today and PS4 EU/US this week. Once the platform owners have checked them they'll go live, it can't take very long now.

Ok, thanks!! Back to Smash while I wait =D

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...m-review-a-vital-updating-of-a-classic-series
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom review - a vital updating of a classic series
Wonder-ful.
One of gaming's great neglected oldies gets a spiritual successor crafted with care and imagination.
Back when I was eleven, Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap contained a lot of firsts for me. It was the first game I ever played on a console. It was, as far as I can remember, the first game I played in which you pressed up to go through a door. Most importantly, it was the first game that made me feel wonderfully lost in the sheer breadth and richness of the world that it created.
Brilliantly, Monster Boy doesn't merely copy the Wonder Boy 3 template. It advances the design in crucial ways, while still feeling deeply rooted in the original.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I love this game. Well designed, tight controls, lovely 2d graphics and art and nice soundtrack. Its just pure fun to look at, hear and play :)

SKULLOMANIA

Nov 12, 2017
I'm a huge Monster World fan, so can't wait to play this! Got my boxed copy ordered so hopefully it arrives soon! Looks fantastic!

Ys45

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks! Still, still need to finish the volcano area but I will make sure to do this once I get there .

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
So, is there an easy way for getting money? (Or at least one that doesn't involve going endless circles to kill the mobs again and again.)

Got all the gold parts but I only have about 700 gold. With most enemies dropping 1-5G, collecting several thousand gold to forge them gonna take forever...

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So, is there an easy way for getting money? (Or at least one that doesn't involve going endless circles to kill the mobs again and again.)

Got all the gold parts but I only have about 700 gold. With most enemies dropping 1-5G, collecting several thousand gold to forge them gonna take forever...
The penguins at the castle entrance all drop 20g bags or hearts. Equip the coin doubler bracelet and use the dragon to shoot fire (makes it easier not to get hit so you don't lose life and so they won't drop hearts) and go back and forth. I don't know if there's a better way.

I haven't done it because I've been lazy.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Towards the end of the game,
is there a technique for dashing in the dark realm I'm not quite getting?

I've just flew up to the top in dragon form and I obviously need to dash over to the right, but there's a laser on the floor I keep landing in that instantly kills me. I can't see how I'm supposed to dash that entire distance.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Towards the end of the game,
is there a technique for dashing in the dark realm I'm not quite getting?

I've just flew up to the top in dragon form and I obviously need to dash over to the right, but there's a laser on the floor I keep landing in that instantly kills me. I can't see how I'm supposed to dash that entire distance.

You use the dragon and fly up and down and break the blocks with the Golden Sword.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So it's later this week for PS4 submission? Any reasons why it's taking longer?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
You use the dragon and fly up and down and break the blocks with the Golden Sword.

Oh geez, I don't think I even considered using the dragon form to fly over that laser. The one and only walk through I can find online simply says "dash and slash your way over" which I assumed you had to do in human form.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I could use some help with these last collectibles.

I thought I revealed the magic spell order here, but it didn't work.

I spent too long trying to freeze this guy so I could jump through the opening with Snake.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

I spent too long trying to freeze this guy so I could jump through the opening with Snake.
You have it right. Hit the chest with those items. Fire, Fire, Tornado, Tornado, Lightning, Bomb, Lightning, Bomb, Lightning.

I haven't done the second pic yet and I can't remember the other ones without checking in game.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017

last one
you can use your fireball ability in dragon form to make the monster grow before freezing it

Last edited:

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got stuck here. I got down into that room on the bottom left, and the vines on the top right blocked me from getting back out. When I lit the torch down there, nothing changed and the bridge never extended so I had to reload my game. I got passed it the 2nd time but I didn't know how I got it to work.
I like the game, but I think I'll wait for a patch or two before I continue.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Need some help with a few of the hidden chests and other. (After the mansion)

MSijkKm.jpg
I9j5Y6H.jpg

69M3V31.jpg
HYJkCsE.jpg

Also...

Should have I already opened the well in the village, flicked the 5 switches (only found 3) and what's up with that door right under Jin's house. Is that later too?

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Need some help with a few of the hidden chests and other. (After the mansion)

MSijkKm.jpg
I9j5Y6H.jpg

69M3V31.jpg
HYJkCsE.jpg

Also...

Should have I already opened the well in the village, flicked the 5 switches (only found 3) and what's up with that door right under Jin's house. Is that later too?

For the woods one, there is some mud on the right. Sink through it.

For the beach, use dragon breath to reveal platforms by the shop.

last one
you can use your fireball ability in dragon form to make the monster grow before freezing it

Thanks.