• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is cuter?

• Pepelogoo

• Kirby

• Jigglypuff

• Kirby sucks

Results are only viewable after voting.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Game Player's magazine November 1989 on Wonder Boy III -

Notice they kinda describe it in a way that we'd recognize as a Metroidvania game, even though that term didn't exist back then.

Lj8qU7D.jpg

RPUYpYE.jpg

Also, here is EGM's Fact-File on WBIII

240645p.jpg

GamePro Proviews on WBIII and the TurboGrafx-16 version, Dragon's Curse.

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A bit sad that I have to wait for a patch to be able to continue. My save is soft locked on progression. :(

I got other things I can do but I would have really loved to finish the game this week-end.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose if I loved the Dragon's Trap remake, I must play this game, huh... It must be much larger than that one, right?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Any hints for how to solve the puzzle in the volcano where there's four fire pillars and a chest on the left side? I tried pounding them all down, which took some doing, but that didn't make the door open.

EDIT: I figured it out!

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Does this play different than the remake of Wonder Boy? I didn't really care for that but this looks more interesting.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Does this play different than the remake of Wonder Boy? I didn't really care for that but this looks more interesting.

It's the same kind of game, but it's bigger, has more of a focus on puzzles, dungeons, and exploration. It's also a modern game with the kind of stuff you find in modern games, like save points and teleports.

Deleted member 32359

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Ok of course there's Smash and I have so many games to play but I've played this for 2 hours today and :O

Game is f*cking gorgeous, I like everything about it so far. I'm so glad I paid 40€, I was hesitating and some in this thread mentioned the hard work put in this by all the team behind it and... just thank you. This game is made with love, you can feel it.

So yeah there's Smash but this game deserve so much more attention. I hope it'll be very successful.

I'm on Switch btw.. portability and else

varkuriru

Oct 28, 2017
So any news if the soundtrack is going to be released? I need it Stat! The remixes and original themes are most excellent. The visuals and theme on the area on the west of the village is amazing.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't posted in here yet but I've been playing the game and enjoying it a lot. The puzzles, exploration and feeling of progression are wonderful. I wasn't sure what to expect as this is one of my favorite childhood series and this game does it justice. Oh, and the music has been incredible. That nostalgia!

Thomas Kern

Executive Producer at FDG Entertainment
Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
What is supposed to happen? 'Cause that's exactly where I am.
After obtaining the item for Mr. Hoots (you get the item at the end of Haunted Mansion area), return it to him. He sends you to the sanctum, go there. If you follow the steps you're safe. The Progress glitch can only happen when you obtained the item and don't return it to hoots or don't go to the sanctum after returning it. In this Moment, exploration is dangerous: There's a door in the falls area that has a bug which only hits this specific quest state. It's fixed in the next patch and it will also repair the progress.

Last edited:

Thomas Kern

Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
I haven't posted in here yet but I've been playing the game and enjoying it a lot. The puzzles, exploration and feeling of progression are wonderful. I wasn't sure what to expect as this is one of my favorite childhood series and this game does it justice. Oh, and the music has been incredible. That nostalgia!
Thank you very much! I'm happy you're enjoying it! ^_^

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
After obtaining the item for Mr. Hoots, return it to him. He sends you to the sanctum, go there. If you follow the steps you're safe. The Progress glitch can only happen when you obtained the item and don't return it or don't go to the sanctum after returning it. In this Moment, exploration is dangerous: There's a door in the falls area that has a bug which only hits this specific quest state. It's fixed in the next patch and it will also repair the progress.
Thank you very much for detailing how the glitch can happen and how to avoid it. I'm just going through the part leading up to this now.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is fantastic so far. And coming from Dragon's Trap, the controls are really sharp and a bit more forgiving.

Thomas Kern

Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
Ok of course there's Smash and I have so many games to play but I've played this for 2 hours today and :O

Game is f*cking gorgeous, I like everything about it so far. I'm so glad I paid 40€, I was hesitating and some in this thread mentioned the hard work put in this by all the team behind it and... just thank you. This game is made with love, you can feel it.

So yeah there's Smash but this game deserve so much more attention. I hope it'll be very successful.

I'm on Switch btw.. portability and else

Thank you!! ^_^

So any news if the soundtrack is going to be released? I need it Stat! The remixes and original themes are most excellent. The visuals and theme on the area on the west of the village is amazing.

There's currently no Soundtrack release planned because of additional licensing but never say never! We're really happy that y'all enjoy the OST. :)

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Any hints for this puzzle in the mansion?

Dt7ALmiUwAALHAj.jpg:large

I've tried making the mallet come down so it hits at the same time the symbol scrolls past, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Chikae

Nov 14, 2018
Really hoping for a MW4 release on Switch. I don't want to dig out my PS3 just to play it.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. Another puzzle in the same area:

What's the deal with the telescope? I put down all of the lenses inside, but I don't know what to do next. I thought maybe Pepelogoo had something to do with it, but I still don't get it.

Not sure about the telescope. I guess it's for later.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
I shoudn't have ignored the problems some reviewers pointed out with hitboxes, they are absolutely infuriating and while i enjoyed my initial time with the game, i had to stop because the game became too frustrating for me really fast.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I shoudn't have ignored the problems some reviewers pointed out with hitboxes, they are absolutely infuriating and while i enjoyed my initial time with the game, i had to stop because the game became too frustrating for me really fast.
I felt that way at first, especially on the first boss, but I think as you get more tools it becomes much less of an issue.

Lugnutal

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I grew up with Wonder Boy Monster World on Genesis being one of my favorite games. This one brings back that childhood wonder and joy. I can't put it down. Red Dead and Assassins Creed will have to wait. Please let there be more Monster Boy!!

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I was just listening to IGN Nintendo Voice Chat and Peer said something like this looks like a mobile game. Zach then said that the other guy said earlier that he played it 2 years ago and didn't like it. Basically every driveby post about this game here before release.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just listening to IGN Nintendo Voice Chat and Peer said something like this looks like a mobile game. Zach then said that the other guy said earlier that he played it 2 years ago and didn't like it. Basically every driveby post about this game here before release.

Sometimes NVC is good. Most times it is bad. I miss Jose Otero so much.

Chikae

Nov 14, 2018
I'm stuck at a treasure chest in the volcano area. There are
four pillars of lava and a chest shut behind a door. I tried freezing and pounding down the lava pillars but they come back up too quickly for me to do all four.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Saying this looks like a mobile game is so stupid. None of this is vector tweened animations. They're all hand drawn, frame by frame animations. It's like Wario Land: Shake it up. All comparing this to mobile games tells me is those people have absolutely no artistic eye. This game is beautiful.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck at a treasure chest in the volcano area. There are
four pillars of lava and a chest shut behind a door. I tried freezing and pounding down the lava pillars but they come back up too quickly for me to do all four.
Look at the mural in the main room, it has the answer on it.

Last edited:

Thomas Kern

Verified
Nov 7, 2017
Germany
I was just listening to IGN Nintendo Voice Chat ..Zach then said that the other guy said earlier that he played it 2 years ago and didn't like it. Basically every driveby post about this game here before release.
We actually remember that other guy from 2 years ago very well. It was on an Xbox event and the IGN guy tried the game. He fell into the water (right in the first beach section) and tried to jump back out onto the platform he was falling from and it didn't work. When he learned he had to swim back to the ladder to get back up he threw the controller on our table and left calling it a shit game. It was a very shocking and disrespectful scene. So that was all he saw from this beautiful big game.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We actually remember that other guy from 2 years ago very well. It was on an Xbox event and the IGN guy tried the game. He fell into the water (right in the first beach section) and tried to jump back out onto the platform he was falling from and it didn't work. When he learned he had to swim back to the ladder to get back up he threw the controller on our table and left calling it a shit game. It was a very shocking and disrespectful scene. So that was all he saw from this beautiful big game.

He's sadly been doing it for years. I knew exactly who they were talking about, because he also posted a preview of Monster Boy about a year or so ago, and said almost verbatim the same exact complaints. "It looks like a mobile game." It was a dumb comment then, and it's a dumb comment now.

B. Spaceman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Spain
So I finally caved in and bought this as an import. 10€ more expensive than digital but I think it's worth it, I hope it is a long game though! (longer than The Dragon's Trap at least)

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
All finished. A truly special game. I loved every second of it! Thanks so much to everyone involved. I really hope you guys get to make another one. Thomas Kern

Dt_YW45U8AAE_9k.jpg:large