• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
FkJQIgR.jpg

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Monolith Soft probably is in a position to do 2 games in parallel now. When the next Xenoblade explodes in sales, I hope they can expand even more, get some really talented RPG staff and pump out 1 game a year. They don't need a lot of IP, just go with Xenoblade and maybe 2 others and release those every year.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Xenoblade 3 with Pneuma, Ontos and Logos.
give me a slice of life cartoon where dad dies and leaves them a house and they all have to stand each other while making it in the city. Ontos being the troll and breadwinner, Logos being an edgy fuck, and Pneuma being the responsible high schooler who's too shy to confess to that cute but weird tiny guy

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It's always so nice to see the whole Xeno crew together in official art. And seeing KOS-MOS so prominently displayed gives me too much hope for a Xenosaga remaster, or even crazier, Xenoblade 3 being a sequel to Xenosaga and Xenoblade 1/2, because it would fit so well. Or the craziest yet, we're getting Xenosaga Episode IV

Their new game can't come soon enough.

Yeah i'm unbelievably happy about this KOS-MOS art. It's been YEARS since we got any V4 art so this feels like a dream. We may very well see her in Xenoblade 3... in fact it might be Xenosaga IV in all but name. Who knows! I just hope we have a glimpse at E3. I also hope that if she doesnt make it to smash as a Namco character that we can get a mii costume at least or legendary spirit assuming there even is a Namco character.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Hey y'all, just wanted to drop this here if anybody wants to use it:

T408u8p.gif

Made a clean HQ gif since all I could find were really choppy ones or ripped from a trailer with other stuff in the gif

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite xenoblade DE coming out last year I can't help but feel we'll get something this E3

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I just hope the community isn't setting itself up for disappointment, the development of Xeno 3 was certainly affcted by Covid and Monolith is still involved in two massive projects called BotW 2 and Splatoon 3.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
I just hope the community isn't setting itself up for disappointment, the development of Xeno 3 was certainly affcted by Covid and Monolith is still involved in two massive projects called BotW 2 and Splatoon 3.
The Splatoon 3 stuff would be done by the Kyoto studio, which only does asset production for other Nintendo games (They don't develop their own games). As for BotW2, Monolith's size has significantly increased since 2017, and they managed to juggle BoTW and XC2 back then.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
If other projects are taking Monolith Soft away from their own solo efforts, then something has gone wrong.

Don't fuck it up Nintendo.

evilmonkey

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
They've been a support studio in some capacity even since they were bought, starting with co-developing Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It would take a major restructure for them to stop helping out on other productions. The current strategy seems to be working wonders for them so that won't be happening any time soon.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
I'm not sure it's official they're working on Splatoon 3 (and that's the assets Kyoto Studio) and BOTW2 has its own development team separated from Takahashi's main Production Unit.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
They've been a support studio in some capacity even since they were bought, starting with co-developing Brawl's Subspace Emissary. It would take a major restructure for them to stop helping out on other productions. The current strategy seems to be working wonders for them so that won't be happening any time soon.

I think the point I and others will make is, they shouldn't be shortchanged while working on their own projects like they were on XC2.

Of course they will continue to help out, but Nintendo shouldn't take the piss.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Monolith Soft must have a stake in the Xenosaga IP for KOS-MOS to still be appearing in their recruitment art, which in turn, explains why Bandai Namco doesn't see a remaster of the Xenosaga trilogy to be profitable if Nintendo has a stake in the series via Monolith Soft.

No offence to the artist but there's so many fans out there who can illustrate these characters so much better than this... I'm still happy that we got new Monolith Soft art.

They don't have anything that's why they credit Namco on the image.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
I think Monolith will make good use of the Pro's CPU. hell, if there was any studio to go Pro exclusive, Monolith would be begging to
Making hardware exclusives seems like a terrible idea if they want enough people to buy anything, especially with Xenoblade 2 being their best-selling game to date.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I think the point I and others will make is, they shouldn't be shortchanged while working on their own projects like they were on XC2.

Of course they will continue to help out, but Nintendo shouldn't take the piss.

There's way more staff now compared to back then so I'm not concerned about that being an issue this time around.

This project is also taking longer to complete, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had a three year development cycle from conception to release.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time to announce that port of X and then X2, with you being able to transfer your avatar between them.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if all we get is Xenoblade DE and 2 just showing up in the switch pro trailer and no new game until fall?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
There's way more staff now compared to back then so I'm not concerned about that being an issue this time around.

This project is also taking longer to complete, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 had a three year development cycle from conception to release.

Yeah, I don't expect Monolith Soft to run into the same issues this time around. I'm hoping for something truly excellent. With time to spit and polish, the next Xenoblade could be their best yet.

I would like to see Pro improvements for XC and XC2 but I have no idea if it will happen... though I wouldn't be shocked. Monolith Soft were very generous with their time on XC2 - it got content and updates for ages.

Duonala

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if Nintendo will (I doubt it) raise the price for their next gen games, but I hope they do that for games like Xenoblade.
For $59.99 these games are so cheap.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Shulk's face shape in DE the XC2 version looks off in that respect to be honest

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
This as good a topic as any.

Just picked up Xenoblade DE, hope it's good.
If you need any pointers (even if you're a Xeno veteran, this has guides for lots of systems unique to this game):
www.resetera.com

Xenoblade: Definitive Edition |OT| It's Reyn Time, again!

DO NOT DISCUSS FUTURE CONNECTED SPOILERS OR CONTENT IN THIS THREAD FUTURE CONNECTED HAS A SEPARATE OT Composers: Yoko Shimomura, ACE, Kenji Hiramatsu, Manami Kyiota, Yasunori Mitsuda Multiplayer: You'll be a hermit for a hundred plus hours. Motion Controls: You will not move. Potato Mode...

for when you're starting up Future Connected:
www.resetera.com

Xenoblade: Future Connected |OT| On the Shoulders of Titans

THIS OT IS SOLELY FOR THE FUTURE CONNECTED EPILOGUE XENOBLADE: DEFINITIVE EDITION HAS ITS OWN OT (linked at the bottom of this OP) Genre: GOAT Desert Multiplayer: It's still just you. But for a comfy 10-20h. You'll deal. Potato Mode aka Tatsu Mode: Still. Dual Audio?: Just like the main game...

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
If you need any pointers (even if you're a Xeno veteran, this has guides for lots of systems unique to this game):
www.resetera.com

Xenoblade: Definitive Edition |OT| It's Reyn Time, again!

DO NOT DISCUSS FUTURE CONNECTED SPOILERS OR CONTENT IN THIS THREAD FUTURE CONNECTED HAS A SEPARATE OT Composers: Yoko Shimomura, ACE, Kenji Hiramatsu, Manami Kyiota, Yasunori Mitsuda Multiplayer: You'll be a hermit for a hundred plus hours. Motion Controls: You will not move. Potato Mode...

for when you're starting up Future Connected:
www.resetera.com

Xenoblade: Future Connected |OT| On the Shoulders of Titans

THIS OT IS SOLELY FOR THE FUTURE CONNECTED EPILOGUE XENOBLADE: DEFINITIVE EDITION HAS ITS OWN OT (linked at the bottom of this OP) Genre: GOAT Desert Multiplayer: It's still just you. But for a comfy 10-20h. You'll deal. Potato Mode aka Tatsu Mode: Still. Dual Audio?: Just like the main game...

I forgot this game had the bonus content, even better!