• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Nintendo in need of the best team to not look ridiculous : P. Just learn and let'em go.
#freeproduction2

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo in need of the best team to not look ridiculous : P. Just learn and let'em go.
#freeproduction2
They already have the best teams on deck, and apparently it still wasn't enough for something like BoTW.

At this rate EPD needs it's own Production 2 studio to help with development. I kinda wish they leveraged the use of their Western studios *cough*Retro and Next Level Games*cough* to help with backend stuff.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
They already have the best teams on deck, and apparently it still wasn't enough for something like BoTW.

At this rate EPD needs it's one Production 2 studio to help with development. I kinda wish they leveraged the use of their Western studios *cough*Retro and Next Level Games*cough* to help with backend stuff.
Retro has helped with other projects. They designed/developed some of the retro stages in MK7 IIRC. Next Level Games is an external studio and they seem to be a 1 game studio so I'd rathe they be working on that

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Retro has helped with other projects. They designed/developed some of the retro stages in MK7 IIRC. Next Level Games is an external studio and they seem to be a 1 game studio so I'd rathe they be working on that
What I mean to say is even with MS's Production #2, they could still use some extra manpower.

Oct 26, 2017
So...the supposed insider had more things to say.

[Hidden content]

dibqs.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In fairness I could already see it. I'm just reiterating that what is there is nothing. Not even a good rumor. Not worth spamming to check out.

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Monolith Soft's profit for the fiscal year ending in March 31, 2020 was 491 million yen (roughly $4,500,000 USD). This marks a 78.8% increase over last year which had a profit of 138 million yen (around $1,300,000 USD).

gamebiz.jp

モノリスソフト、20年3月期の決算は最終利益78.8%増の4.91億円…『ゼノブレイド ディフィニティブ・エディション』を開発 | gamebiz

モノリスソフトの2020年3月期(第21期)の最終利益は、前の期に比べて78.8%増の4億9100万円だったことがわかった。前の期(2019年3月期)の実績は1億38000万円だった。同社は、任天堂のゲーム開発子会社で、ゼノサーガシリーズやバテン・カイトスシリーズなどが代表作となっている。この期は、『あつまれ どうぶつの森』(部分受託)や『Xenoblade Definitive Edition…

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Nice stonks.

Always wondered how they organise their stakeholds in the Blade games. Alternatively perhaps thet get fixed sums on contractual basis.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
So...the supposed insider had more things to say.

They said the following things:

-No friction between Takahashi/Xenoblade team and Nintendo. Takahashi is content with doing only Xenoblade. There are other people in the company that have the ability to create and direct projects.

Makes sense, every game in the Xenoblade series is fairly standalone for the most part and the connections are either spiritual or minimal at best.

Taking the Final Fantasy/Persona approach is a snart compromise to continue a franchise without being creatively burned out. It helped that Xenoblade Chronicles was originally designed as a standalone game.

OP
OP
Momo

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a new month, meaning there's a potential update to the website this week. We should hopefully get an up-to-date headcount and maybe a large-scale hiring spree (since XCDE just came out). I'm sure the rest of the staff members from XCDE jumped over to Takahashi's RPG project, but they might need more manpower.

This month marks the 3 year anniversary since MS started recruiting for the mystery project. Keep your fingers crossed for an official reveal soon, if it exists at all.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time for info on the new project, and for them to start the XCX switch port. Let's go!

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
It's a new month, meaning there's a potential update to the website this week. We should hopefully get an up-to-date headcount and maybe a large-scale hiring spree (since XCDE just came out). I'm sure the rest of the staff members from XCDE jumped over to Takahashi's RPG project, but they might need more manpower.

This month marks the 3 year anniversary since MS started recruiting for the mystery project. Keep your fingers crossed for an official reveal soon, if it exists at all.
Dont expect much this year, the highend business industry is basically in gridlock. I also expect a large resurgence of infections in September, so that'll also halt anything.

Jan 2, 2018
Even if it is difficult to create a new IP under Nintedo, which I doubt, couldn't Monolith Soft just create a new game and call it Xenoblade Chronicles Omega or something?

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Pretty happy with the numbers.
When DE got announced I was worried it would sell similar to/or less than the other 3 releases of XB1; which would be undesirable for it considering the effort.

Luckily the series appears to have gained a big new audience with 2, so hopefully from now on they should be growing into the 2 million range.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it is difficult to create a new IP under Nintedo, which I doubt, couldn't Monolith Soft just create a new game and call it Xenoblade Chronicles Omega or something?
Nintendo still needs to greenlight whatever Monolith pitches to them. If they pitch a project called Xenoblade Omega but it's actually something completely different, Nintendo might very well say "Eh, we're not sure about that."

Jan 2, 2018
How does that help? That's not a new IP. It'll follow the tropes and gameplay typical of a Xenoblade game. People want a new IP.

Nintendo still needs to greenlight whatever Monolith pitches to them. If they pitch a project called Xenoblade Omega but it's actually something completely different, Nintendo might very well say "Eh, we're not sure about that."

It could be a spin-off? Isn't X already a bit different from 1?

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Posted this in the first-party thread but it looks like they're looking for a game director at their Kyoto Studio

案件 No.78705

株式会社モノリスソフト(京都スタジオ) ゲームディレクター 正社員 の求人 | 職種、年収、勤務地、雇用形態、こだわりなど、あなたの希望条件に合った求人を探すことができるページです。Web・ゲーム・映像・IT業界の求人が豊富な業界専門の転職エージェント、イマジカデジタルスケープ。

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Posted this in the first-party thread but it looks like they're looking for a game director at their Kyoto Studio

案件 No.78705

株式会社モノリスソフト(京都スタジオ) ゲームディレクター 正社員 の求人 | 職種、年収、勤務地、雇用形態、こだわりなど、あなたの希望条件に合った求人を探すことができるページです。Web・ゲーム・映像・IT業界の求人が豊富な業界専門の転職エージェント、イマジカデジタルスケープ。
OOOOOOOOOO BABYYYYY
3 MONOLITH SOFT PRODUCTION TEAMS

Shall I make a thread?

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, which division handled the DE remake? I imagine the DE likely required a similar dev time to Torna. With the Future Connected epilogue, redoing all character model and world textures, etc. So that has to be factored into this timeline as well, of which divisions are at what phase of production.

Assuming the XC2/Torna team moved right into the DE, what are they going to do next? Or will they be divided up among the other teams to help with finishing up the New IP, or whatever form XC 3 takes?