• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
First 5 minutes of Fallout 76 when my game crashed.
tenor.gif

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
The lighthouse and entry into the city in Bioshock Infinite.
In recent memory BioShock Infinite is the standout for me too, I played the remaster a few months ago.
It's odd how early you can tell you are going to love a game, the moment I entered Columbia I knew.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
When Raiden in Metal Gear Rising throws a Metal gear Ray when power vocals kick in yelling "RULES OF NATURE" and cuts it in mid air in slow-mo in the first 10 minutes of the game.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Assassin's Creed 2, when Ezio and his brother have a race to the roof and, after a stunning (and short) dialogue, the title of the game appears.

Still have shivers everytime I see it.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
"It is a good life we lead brother."

"The best. May it never change."

"And may it never change us."

*Assassins's Creed II title flashes with beautiful Jesper Kyd theme in the background*

Edit: me and seroun back to back like Jordan 96/97

Last edited:

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The first conversation with vesemir under a tree in white Orchard in witcher 3. The way dialogue was done and performed, the cinematography and how music was played I knew immediately this was my game, had no idea it was my game of generation tho.
Assassin's Creed 2 first half hour with the brother and when the game title came up, that was something special and intimate.
Half life 2 whole intro without combat, just soaking in the atmosphere.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I had a dream about Chie and I wrestling in luchador masks. Jeff Gerstmann has this moment for himself on camera during the Endurance Run.

JesseTheGhost

Aug 4, 2018
I really stepped away from gaming for a while in undergrad aside from occasional skyrim binges on my geriatric xbox 360. But then I picked up Dragon Age Origins on sale. At first it felt like a 7/10

Then, those back to back moments at Ostagar where you find out how the gray wardens get their powers and within 15 minutes watch Loghain betray his king? That was what got me back into games. Such a Hollywood level moment

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
When in Gone Home you go into your sister's room. So fuckin good.

In Devil May Cry 3, when Dante surfs on a rocket.

When you go to the Giant Step in Earthbound.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
The intro cinematic from the first Nier.

Even before you input any command, this shows how special this game will be

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
When they're discussing Shepard as a spectre candidate in ME1.

The opening sequence of The Last Of Us.

First time I used blades of mercy in Bloodborne

The Nloody Baron questline in Witcher 3

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017

That face. I hadn't seen any promotional material, didn't think this game would be anything more than a blue square avoiding pink shapes.

Then the overworld sequence right after it is taking it to a whole new level all over again.

https://youtu.be/wt96W5njiV8?t=719

Timestamped.

Seriously, check it out.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Gunstar Heroes: Playing any of the opening levels

Street Fighter 2: When Guile's theme plays

Kotor 2: Kreia talks to Sion for the first time. Woah woah woah. Is she a sith? What's happening

Warcraft 3: When I went into custom games for the first time :)

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
when we armed the crate with just a few tickets left and a few people died and we were at 0 and knew it was sudden death.

win or take the L.

Torchiq

Dec 10, 2018
The moment I first heard the song of the twins and BGM of the town in the original Nier.

Oct 26, 2017
In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, when I stepped out of the Shrine of Resurrection and the opening theme began to play as the camera moved around to show the wide open world. I knew I was playing the GotG right then and there

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Breath of the Wild:
After I got off the Great Plateau, I headed straight towards Hyrule Castle, just for fun. I heard you could fight the final boss right away, but I wasn't seriously planning on trying that. Anyways, I made it across the plains and discovered the ruins of Hyrule Castle Town before getting killed by a Guardian. There's so much neat stuff to stumble upon in BOTW.

Resident Evil 4:
The village.

Portal:
The test in which you have to drop down into a portal and use the momentum to fly across a gap. I was quite enjoying the puzzles before that, but I must have been playing them through straight and boring, as I didn't really think about the physics. So the momentum-based test was the first one that made me think "cool!" as it opened up a world of possibilities.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Have you ever fought a Metal Gear, and just as you're about to go in for the kill someone yells out "RULES OF NATUUURREEEE!!" ?

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017

I've never been a huge Zelda fan. I play the games, I like them, but not as much as a lot of people. The moment I saw the ruined hellish courtyard landscape, lightning striking behind the roaming Guardian hellspawn, I knew this game was going to be special. The rest of that trailer was like a rock rolling down the hill, building a momentum of hype. One of the best trailers ever made, completely sold me on the game, and said game has made me truly adore this series.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
In The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, when I stepped out of the Shrine of Resurrection and the opening theme began to play as the camera moved around to show the wide open world. I knew I was playing the GotG right then and there
This one for me, when the camera panned to the old man and I just decided to climb up the mountain instead I already fell in love with the game.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Riding into Valentine for the first time on a wagon as the ladies sing and laugh in RDR2. That's when I knew I wasn't playing a game game but playing a story.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
for me, it's not always 'in the moment' but 'after the moment' that i thought a game will be special.

For example, the moment i think Bloodborne is special is when i turn it off and still think about it in terms of story, how to beat a boss/what am i doing it wrong, how to craft a better build, etc etc etc.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GoW's Stranger fight.

Undertale has a lot of these moments, but the most memorable one for me will always be the Undyne boss fight in the Genocide route.

And the first time I used the paraglider in BoTW to leave the Great Plateau.

That scene is Nier Automata where they drop the title.

Definitely my GotG
Ending A of Nier: Automata

I didn't even need to get that far. The moment this track played for the Goliath boss fight in the opening section, the music timed to sync perfectly to the machine's landing, I knew this game was gonna be an experience: