• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw somebody mention ResetEra on Twitter today and I was reminded that I have an account here which had been banned for 3 months. I got dinged on here twice with no explanation, no link to what I said that earned me a ban, and no way to even identify the mod who did it so I could get a better understanding of the problem. Each time it happened, I came back as a visitor to try and parse out which of my recent posts had been the problem. The first one was for 3 days, it was regarding Valkyria Chronicles 4 and honestly, I don't care to argue that one anymore. It is what it is and I'll accept that I had failed to effectively communicate my point about it and apparently ruffled feathers in the process. My bad.

The 2nd ban months later though, that was simply for saying "I'm support Cenk Uyger and am pleased to see Bernie Sanders endorse him." That was it. That's the post that was so extreme for some anonymous mod that they felt I should be banned for 3 months and given no explanation whatsoever. Instead, I get the equivalent of "Oh Reginald, I disagree!" and then the discussion is ended as I am no longer able to participate in it. Its a cowardly way to moderate a forum.

I'd love to have my account deleted. I looked through my settings (though a bit quickly) and didn't see anything. I'm not interested in being a part of this place if mods are going to effectively give me the middle finger and not even bother to explain why.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also you can message community leads afterwards. I've had some BS bans stricken from the record.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I got dinged on here twice with no explanation
RRa11q4.png

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I never understand these kind of posts. Just don't visit the site and don't log in anymore? I don't mean this in a rude way or anything, but why put effort in a post like this and shit when you can just leave the site without looking back?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
www.resetera.com

Valkyria Chronicles 4 is one year old today

The picture was made last year for the game's release, but re-used today to thank players for the support and since it's still the 10th anniversary of the franchise. As usual, still recommend to get this excellent game, it's been regularly 50% off already on all platforms (it was the case on...

Its the complaint that just won't die. People love using it as an example of how the game is awful because Raz should never have slapped her butt, but then they completely fail to talk about how this makes Raz look like an asshole in front of everybody and it also allows Kai to demonstrate how she doesn't put up with bullshit when she puts him on the ground for it. If you're going to complain, pick your battles correctly. The game has other examples of embarrassing fan service (which I enjoy and don't have any problem admitting) but this butt slap ALWAYS comes up.

www.resetera.com

Bernie Sanders endorsed TYT founder and carpetbagger Cenk Uygur in CA 25 Congressional Race (UP: Sanders retracts endorsement) [SEE STAFF POST]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-fear-carpetbagger-cenk-uygurs-offensive-past-remarks-will-lose-them-california-congressional-seat https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/carpetbagger Big yikes Support Christy Smith for CA 25

I support Cenk and TYT and am pleased to see Sanders give him his endorsement.

9007b990fa3475bb2d94e810eec779ee.jpeg

collige

Oct 31, 2017
If you go into a thread about someone being a bigot and just say "I like that guy", people are gonna think you either are a bigot or okay with bigotry. Pretty simple.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The 2nd ban months later though, that was simply for saying "I'm support Cenk Uyger and am pleased to see Bernie Sanders endorse him." That was it. That's the post that was so extreme for some anonymous mod that they felt I should be banned for 3 months and given no explanation whatsoever. Instead, I get the equivalent of "Oh Reginald, I disagree!" and then the discussion is ended as I am no longer able to participate in it. Its a cowardly way to moderate a forum.

You said this in a thread where the subject was discussing Cenk's documented sexism, and other issues. Bernie also retracted that endorsement. Context matters, as your post, during that conversation, was dismissive of the concerns at hand. This violates our posting guidelines, which is what you were banned for.

If you'd like to appeal your ban, or give feedback to the team, there are appropriate channels and constrictive ways to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.