• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Initially sounds a bit convoluted with all the systems at play, but actually really good!

Never liked to prestige back in the MW days. I liked my unlocks too much.

If they keep all the mtx to cosmetics, this game would be a very respectable entry indeed

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't a big fan of the Prestige approach, so I'm looking forward to this system. The rewards for play are simply greater than they used to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Potentially a good idea, Prestige was great at first but lately I'd do it 1, 2 or 3 times then just get tired of grinding gear back.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a more rewarding system. Prestiging was rarely worth it and only made sense if you need to constantly see bars filling.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
I think they said Spec-Ops xp,levels,etc carry over between it and MP
Really? That's very good to hear.
ehh3.png

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Know it's not specifically thread related but +1 on not being able to find a damn thing on the review embargo.

I know past CODs have often been the day before release

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
A bit wonder where is suppose to be that "Campaign" also progress your multiplayer progression.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Infinity Ward decided on Killstreak camo or not, leaker said they were working on it and considering it but weren't sure if it was worth it.

It would be kinda cool if they had challenges I guess with some camo options.
Something like this for the Pavelow, AC-130, etc
17777_1456630719.jpg

2a507bef-751f-481b-875c-f5cb29576551.jpg

mh-60g_1.jpg

maybe stuff like the Groundwar vehicles as well.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
ngl I'm probably in the minority but I much preferred when there was like ~8 camos for each gun, it made them stand out more.
I disagree, only the highend really stuck out(blue, Red Tiger and Gold) the majority of the MW1 and MW2 camo were garbage because they were just some generic made up pattern using 3 colors.
Like they don't even match the factions camo either if you were trying to blend.
like Marines had desert camo that looked like
War_Pig.jpg

meanwhile desert camo was
latest

Woodland was this weird almost WW2 basic camo
latest

Black Ops actually tried a more modern one
latest

I don't want anything much beyond Red Tiger and Gold but loads of realistic/real camo would be great.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Seems fine, prestige pretty much lost its original meaning anyway and just became the standard avenue for progression, making the re-locking of your items a nuisance more than anything.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I reached level 655 in Black Ops 4 and got 100 percent on every weapon I had access to. I just don't have it in me to do it again. I'll do this new system once to see what it's like.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Let me know if I am wrong in my interpretation of this....

So is there really any need for double XP? I mean if you are just ranking once to 55 it sorta mitigates the need to go out and buy Doritos, Pizza Rolls, and Mt. Dew.
Also does this mean an end to Double XP weekends (a great way COD would get/keep their engagement #'s high when they would start to dip)?

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This really seems like it was designed for people that love to grind out Call of Duty. And there's a lot of people that like to grind out Call of Duty.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah those are the people I'm talking about. Those people are going to love this.
I expect it to be chock full of pointless skins, emotes and dog tags. Really only interested in the weapon attachments that I want that will give me a fighting chance. Activision are sure to plan a crazy amount of grind content, just to make people think that lootboxes were not so bad.

Oct 27, 2017
Let me know if I am wrong in my interpretation of this....

So is there really any need for double XP? I mean if you are just ranking once to 55 it sorta mitigates the need to go out and buy Doritos, Pizza Rolls, and Mt. Dew.
Also does this mean an end to Double XP weekends (a great way COD would get/keep their engagement #'s high when they would start to dip)?
No, there's still a need for it.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This sounds a hundred times more grindy and unfun than Prestige levels. At least prestige was just do it if you want, whenever you want.

This sounds like it's going to require far more grinding. Limited time to get to Officer Rank 100 each season, 100 challenges that have to be completed to get the emblem.....plus daily challenges and the like.

You're gonna have to play this game non stop to get all this shit done you watch. Sounds horrible, but I'll wait and see for sure.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that has never prestiged this really doesn't affect me... I will miss the hatemail though from random people online that lose and try to insult the fact I never prestige. Was always amusing.