• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so the antisocial habit of playing badly on purpose, and sabotaging your team, so that you can see a meaningless stat and feel good about yourself costs $20 now?

that sounds... good???

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This, entirely. Taking deaths out of the scoreboard was a great move. Won't make everyone focus on the objective, but, it *definitely* helps!
Yep, I love the trend of games not showing deaths on the scoreboard. I'm not sure if CoD even did it first, might have been Halo.

But hey if selling stuff like this let's me play new maps for free, then great.

I like it too but I was notified that TDM doesn't show it. And maaan... TDM should really show deaths lol. Other modes? I'm definitely cool with not showing it.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
I don't agree with the practice of taking something that was once free and/or a standard feature and putting it behind a paywall. I honestly recommend that people do not support this.
I'm all for it if the game is better off without that feature. People playing for their K/D instead of the objective ruin those modes.

It would be better if they left the death counts out for objective based modes but it's not the worst case scenario.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
TDM is a zero sum game
it does not matter how many kills you got in tdm if you got one more death, you were a net negative on your team

also shows they didnt make this change for dissuading people who dont PTFO, you can focus on kills only in domination all you want, just gotta pay the piper first

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
People should also realize that taking out the death stat in the leaderboard does a lot for removing toxicity from teammates for doing poorly in a match based entirely off K/D. This item still only lets you view how many deaths you have and not the entire lobby.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
what taking out a feature from the game and adding it back as a chargeable item? Yeah a total non issue

But you can see your deaths after the game ends and in in the barracks??

I understand wanting to see your deaths but this isn't like they removed the entire scoreboard and are selling it back

Plus doesn't this count total deaths in the game? If so, it's not even that useful on a match to match basis

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
People should also realize that taking out the death stat in the leaderboard does a lot for removing toxicity from teammates for doing poorly in a match based entirely off K/D. This item still only lets you view how many deaths you have and not the entire lobby.
they could have made this private then , like how your fps isn't shown to the whole lobby
like others are saying, it doesn't matter for objective modes but for deathmatch it sure does

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
take death count off the score board to sell in-game item that shows you deaths. GENIUS. perfect for those "bruh my KD in COD is 5.78" types.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
this game is the death count, next game is the kill count. activision should just make a care bear game instead of COD, less toxic and people can feel safe!

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Th game shows your deaths at the end of each match. It just doesn't show it to you in real time during the match.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Thats shitty. You could see your K/D in every other game and its kind of important in TDM. If I would see my ratio go up I would play more conservatively as to not feed points to the other team. A non-issue? What? Lmao

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You consider seeing your death count mid-match a feature?
When said 'feature' is checking your death count in-game, that effects literally nothing, than yes.

People will complain about anything.
But you can see your deaths after the game ends and in in the barracks??

I understand wanting to see your deaths but this isn't like they removed the entire scoreboard and are selling it back

Plus doesn't this count total deaths in the game? If so, it's not even that useful on a match to match basis

Get outta here with this shit, yes, it's a feature that's been in every Call of Duty.

it helps to see it during a game to see how well/badly you are doing and if you need to do things differently to maintain a positive KDR, it's something that is nice to know mid game and this being removed from the game is an issue to me.

And stop making excuses like it removes toxicity for team mates just going for KDR, people will still do this.

my point above is primarily about the removal of the deaths info from the in game score board. It's a change that literally nobody who plays CoD would've asked for.

edit: to clarify here, this watch might be lifetime kills only, I'm not 100% sure as I've not seen it confirmed anywhere that it's solely for the match you are in

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Get outta here with this shit, yes, it's a feature that's been in every Call of Duty.

it helps to see it during a game to see how well/badly you are doing and if you need to do things differently to maintain a positive KDR, it's something that is nice to know mid game and this being removed from the game is an issue to me.

And stop making excuses like it removes toxicity for team mates just going for KDR, people will still do this.

my point above is primarily about the removal of the deaths info from the in game score board. It's a change that literally nobody who plays CoD would've asked for.

edit: to clarify here, this watch might be lifetime kills only, I'm not 100% sure as I've not seen it confirmed anywhere that it's solely for the match you are in
it alternates every 5 seconds between lifetime and current match
UzasP3H.jpg

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
If this is the trade-off for free maps and updates then i'm fine with it.
Selling your k/d stats mid-match for the low price of $20 isn't something they added in to compensate for the free maps and updates. This was added to the game because IW are fucking greedy bastards looking to nickle and dime their playerbase till the next yearly COD comes out. It's a shitty, inexcusable practice and I hate the dismissal these mtx threads always get.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
Its literally like Fortnite accidentally moved a decimal point, but everyone went with it and now this is the industry.

So many packs are 18 or 24 dollars which is absolutely insane, but at 1.80 or 2.40 I think they fit in wonderfully.

If I really loved the game I would gladly spend a couple bucks to support it, but this stuff is outrageous

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meh. If people paying for this funds the map packs I don't need to buy now, I'll consider that a fair exchange.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Really, they're doing a lot better in terms of monetisation this time. Though this is probably the first bundle that I'd want, but not for $20.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Selling your k/d stats mid-match for the low price of $20 isn't something they added in to compensate for the free maps and updates. This was added to the game because IW are fucking greedy bastards looking to nickle and dime their playerbase till the next yearly COD comes out. It's a shitty, inexcusable practice and I hate the dismissal these mtx threads always get.
Because to most people, it's an absolute non-issue. You can continue to be mad but and the end of the day it's optional and doesn't take away anything from the core gameplay experience. Enjoy seeing your K/D at the end of the match like everyone else.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
To me this is a giant nothing-burger. In TDM it already displays your deaths on the scoreboard and on most objective modes it uses that scoreboard real estate to show things actually relevant to the game mode, like captures in Dom.

As for cosmetics, yeah, I wish they were lower in price but this is the price of having all DLC for free. So far since release we've gotten two 6v6 maps, two ground war maps, something like 2-5 2v2 maps, and two guns that are available on the free track of the battlepass. This has replaced map packs that came out once a season at $15 that split the community because of those who bought it and those who did not. This has also replaced what the last several games have had in the form of RNG lootboxes awarding brand new guns or variants of existing weapons that were only available through RNG packs you had to grind or pay for and get lucky on.

People complained for years about the problems their monetization scheme created for the series with all of the above problems. Modern Warfare is the first game that, at least for the moment, is trying to address these issues in a better manner and people are still bitching about it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Regarding the pack itself it is a brand new skin for one of the operators, a new execution, two gun skins, some other cosmetics, and the watch. Again, I wish the price was lower than it is, say 25-50% lower, but it's not terrible. You don't have to get it and framing it as a paid replacement for a gameplay feature is disingenuous at best.

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Sleazy. But as long as gameplay affecting items isnt hidden behind a paywall I'm fine. I'm really enjoying my time with the game and plan on to continue playing it.

If this is the type of shit I'd have to endure with to get free maps though, to be honest id take it.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some naive ass people in here who think COD will be any less toxic if players don't see your death count lmao

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
I saw you can earn 100 CP with free tier of Battle Pass but I didn't check all levels (and just checked, 1300CP max if you have the Battle Pass)

Clearly not enough to buy this
Lol free cod points or any free points you get in a Battlepass up until 100 is accummulated so that you can purchase the next season 2 battlepass for free.

Bundles are standalone.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
"How many times have I died this match"

goes to look at watch

"No not my overall death stats"

continues to look at watch

"ah, 6 ti..."

gets 360 no scoped

"oh"

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Selling a basic scoreboard feature?

Stay classy, CoD.

And sure, there's merit to the idea of not showing score details mid-match; Overwatch, for example, intentionally obfuscates player performance behind its medal system and does not track deaths per-match. But the moment you're selling that feature any argument about its absence as an intentional gameplay element vs. a purely monetary exclusion goes out the window.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only people who care that much about their K/D are the ones parking their ass in a corner and ignoring the objective to the detriment of their team, so I don't mind them paying for that privilege.

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH
Seems like you get some pretty cool cosmetics to go along with the watch cosmetic.

Also I prefer to not know how many deaths I have tbh as it can be a real downer.

berlin_420

Jun 6, 2018
Funny, I almost only check the stats to see if the matchmaking is broken. I mean at the end of the match you get an overview anyway.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Glad I didn't buy this game off good work of mouth.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It was in previous games, they removed it, community asked for it back, now you have to pay.

That is the story here, not how much the feature matters.

It's a scum tactic.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hate to say I told you so regarding Activisions shitty business practices but... I told you so!

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This is seriously not a big deal and I do not know why it is becoming one. I mean the subreddit has made a metric shit load of issues some how appear out of nowhere. SBMM being the largest one. Literally peoples definitions of SBMM has changed so many times recently.

Meh. If people paying for this funds the map packs I don't need to buy now, I'll consider that a fair exchange.

That too.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Correct me if I am wrong but it's not only the (admitedly useless but come on, charging for that is irritating) watch, right?