• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's going to be fucking massive. 200 players if the leaks are true... Wonder if that will be enough lol.

after going back and looking at the blackout map, yeah looks significantly larger, hard to figure out the 1:1 scale of the 2 though.

s2dt8zjm8eh21.png

Rapture

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if any of the gameplay mechanics from Blackout will be featured in this BR game...

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I'll be back more regularly if a BR mode is coming but just a case of waiting and seeing I guess. I feel like if I knew it was dropping on a particular date I'd be playing the regular MP more in anticipation of it. But since we've been kept in the dark so much I really cant be bothered playing the game and buying the Season pass stuff.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Not going to lie... I also sort of want BR soon so I can Max and crew stream it. Lots of laugh and hype to be had.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this confirms it's not gonna be F2P.

Which would be a shame cause it probably means it's gonna get replaced in 10 months with the next CoD.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Calling it pretty close to the next COD which will probably have Blackout if Treyarch is actually leading on it. Either way I hope they take everything they added in Blackout and Apex Legends.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Classified at the Menus shouldn't be there for 2 FREAKING MONTHS.

I hope next week they release it or something. I don't know why they teased like this to begin with.... maybe to just shut up fans of the game who keep asking for BR?

But this won't help.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I wonder if this confirms it's not gonna be F2P.

Which would be a shame cause it probably means it's gonna get replaced in 10 months with the next CoD.
I really hope it's f2p and will get 1 big update every year along the new mainline release themed after those games. F2p would be great but it would be kinda disappointing IMO if years from now it would still be a MW Battle Royale, not a CoD with various settings Battle Royale.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the point of each cod having their own br mode nor the point of releasing it 7 months from the release of another one.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's f2p and will get 1 big update every year along the new mainline release themed after those games. F2p would be great but it would be kinda disappointing IMO if years from now it would still be a MW Battle Royale, not a CoD with various settings Battle Royale.
It doesn't need various settings. Just like PUBG doesn't need to go into the future and Apex doesn't need to go into the past.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
As someone who fucking loved the gameplay this time around but got bored/annoyed of the maps, I really can't wait for this. I hope it comes out soon.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
The support for MW is super interesting, and it's been pretty thorough that it feels weird to have another CoD coming out this year.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I could picture a scenario where MW owners have a window to play BR before it goes F2P.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look the green square for a non existing item is back. For real this a CoD legacy bug. Hell I can't even get the ones removed from the game filter one as well.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping it's this week. The sooner the better.

Also hope the TTK is similar to Blackout. If it's as quick as MW standard multiplayer, that's way too fast for a huge 200 player BR. I like Blackout because it's not Apex long, but it's not short where it's frustrating. If you get shot you can retreat, or heal, reposition, and re-engage. If you just die in two or three bullets that will be disappointing.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Really hoping it's this week. The sooner the better.

Also hope the TTK is similar to Blackout. If it's as quick as MW standard multiplayer, that's way too fast for a huge 200 player BR. I like Blackout because it's not Apex long, but it's not short where it's frustrating. If you get shot you can retreat, or heal, reposition, and re-engage. If you just die in two or three bullets that will be disappointing.
I don't want a repeat of the armor stuff. Clank clank clank clank clank clank *you die*

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
blackout was really bad and died super quick on PC despite the massive initial hype. I am not a big fan of MW either but im ready for a fresh take on the formula.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I'm no insider or anything if that's what you're asking about, but given that Modern Warfare pushed REALLY HARD its crossplay capabilities, I would find it really dumb that their new brand project doesn't have them.
You bet any new Battle Royale game will have crossplay. Letting people play with whoever they want all but guarantees more engagement which can make them more money in the long run.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Man I *just* installed Apex Legends because I wanted to play a goddamn Battle Royale.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I can delete codMW?? No need to hog all of this space unless assets are going to be shared....

Fuck. I bought mw thinking br was gonna be apart of it. Lol. O well.

they are releasing a data management tool in the future that will allow you to delete single player of you so wish to reduce install size

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
I'm wondering if whenever a new treyarch COD comes out, that they'll incorporate blackops characters, weapons and features into this standalone battle royale game. It would be cool to finally have a mix of some of the ideas that each studio usually keeps separate for their game.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
F2P Standalone will probably mean I wave a final goodbye to Apex Legends since I play solo. I played it for an arcadey BR when I was not in the mood for PUBG, but with this I'll just soloQ PUBG and MW.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
And definitely not put out another BR with the next BLOPS. Make this a platform, but maybe that really is the plan considering the rumor is that Raven is in charge of it. They have worked will all the COD studios.
Oh definitely, I think f2p is all the indication we need that this BR game is supposed to last years, not 1 year like any other CoD. If it's only supposed to last for a year with Treyarch making a new one for their game later this year it might as well be part of MW just like Blackout was part of BO4.