• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I know of the few big ones, Fez, Dead Cells, Stardew Valley, etc.

Are there any other smaller games that don't get too much praise? I am on iOS/Android so I'm not limited to choices.

dstarMDA

Dec 22, 2017
Just going on what I have on my phone right now, and discarding hypercasual games: Brawl Stars, Archero, Score! Hero, Mini Metro, Reigns, Device 6

Lost track of all the great games that are currently uninstalled on my phone though.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
monumentvalley_bimbon04.jpg

Monument Valley. It might not be as novel nowadays as it was on release, but consists of using shifting perspectives to navigate those Escher-likes mazes. It's cute and the story is almost non-existent, but a fun if short ride that you can play with just one hand - I remember finishing on my daily commute on the subway. And I believe there was a second game...

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
These are some of my favorites that you can pay for once and play forever (all on Android, I think most should be on iOS too)

Ticket to Earth: Innovative puzzle RPG, crazy amount of content for price
Sneak Ops: Casual version of old Metal Gear stealth (f2p but you can pay a 3.99 premium upgrade)
10000000/You Must Build a Boat/Zookeeper DX/Triple Town: Match 3 RPGs that aren't riddled with iap (Triple Town is f2p but you can also pay a 3.99 premium
upgrade)
The Battle for Polytopia: Tiny version of Civilization (this one is actually f2p but you can pay to unlock different tribes, I still haven't though)
Pocket City: City builder (I think it has a free demo?)
Tennis Superstars: Surprisingly deep tennis game you can play with one hand

and then some good ports are Game Dev Tycoon, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Crazy Taxi (f2p, pay to unlock ads)

For f2p games, Gears Pop/Clash Royale are fun but the monetization can be frustrating

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BattleChasers is a wonderful port of a great RPG. If you like old school dungeon crawling/turn-based battles with awesome art, I'd recommend that.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Vainglory is an excellent MOBA

Mythgard drops 09/19 - it's supposed to be an excellent & unique Magic: the Gathering competitor

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Some fun action arcade games:

Witcheye, old school action platformer:
giphy.gif

Candies 'n Curses, one screen roguelike platformer:
572d036e28570b100cecd86e69bebbf3.gif

PinOut, pinball arcade score chaser:
pinout.gif

Grimvalor, Dark Souls-inspired action game (premium):
fighting2.gif

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Dota Underlords. It's based on a Dota 2 custom game mode called Auto Chess, which the original developer of that made it's own non-Dota Auto Chess, but Valve got their blessing to make Dota Underlords.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Million Onion Hotel.

By Onion Games (Black Bird ; the upcoming re release of Moon)

Just tap like crazy on those onions. Every once in a while some weird cutscenes happen.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
The Room series
Hitman GO, Lara Croft GO, Deus Ex GO
Part Time UFO
Layton series
Agent A
Monument Valley I and II
Hearthstone

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Data Wing is the best mobile game I've ever played. It takes just a few hours to beat but it's a racing, adventure game inside of the CPU of a phone. Play it.

Openrob

Nov 5, 2017
Duet is a mad little puzzle game which I loved. Addictive. No story or anything but I liked it.