• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to see this tomorrow night! Always fun to see big screen anime.

I've heard this one is pretty dependent on knowing about all the UC stuff. I'm finishing up a Unicorn rewatch tonight. I assume that's at least a decent place to start. I expect that my lack of ever having watched Zeta or ZZ will hurt me here, but still excited to give it a shot.

Can find US showings here: https://www.fathomevents.com/events...MIocrOo8jF4AIVAeDICh2iBAOpEAAYASAAEgIG3fD_BwE

Trailer:

The first 23 minutes are available on the Gundam YouTube channel, though I have not watched it:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
never heard about this one, but it looks pretty dang cool. though I kinda have to roll my eyes at yet another piece of UC media

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Aw hell yeah. I'd like to know some impressions of it. If t sucks I'll be sad.

OP
OP
Ultron

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super glad I finished up Unicorn last night before the showing of this tonight. I'd forgotten a lot of the stuff that happens at the end there, regarding the status of various characters.

I admittedly have no idea if any of them will be in this, besides Mineva showing up in the trailer. And it seems to have a new set of main characters, so I presume they'll be the main focus anyway.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Sucks closest venue is close to an hr away, but I got my ticket and am excited to see it tonight after work. Hopefully it's great. I've liked alot of the more recent UC stuff and I expect it to continue to be good.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, not playing anywhere all that close to me.

I hope for the best. Havent gotten my gundam fix in a while since Gundam Build Divers was kinda disappointing.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Will be watching this tonight. I've seen a variety of very brief impressions to great, okay, to straight-up terrible film. I'm hoping for the best.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This is technically a sequel to Unicorn right? I was reading a description awhile back and it sounded like it was, but then they said something about it taking place in the year U.C. 0096? Wasn't the first Gundam show set during UC 0097? It's been awhile but this had me pretty confused about the timeline lol.

Edit: My bad lol, I got the dates mixed up. The first show was set during UC 0079.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is technically a sequel to Unicorn right? I was reading a description awhile back and it sounded like it was, but then they said something about it taking place in the year U.C. 0096? Wasn't the first Gundam show set during UC 0097? It's been awhile but this had me pretty confused about the timeline lol.
Mobile Suit Gundam (First Gundam) was set in 0079. :)

But yeah, it's a direct sequel to Unicorn.

This wasn't showing up anywhere in the UK, was it?

Jimi D

Oct 27, 2017
Dear god how can anyone stomach dubs? Give me Japanese language with English subs and I'll go see it in the theatre...

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, Neo-Zeon is in this again? I thought they were done after Unicorn? But then again this Is UC where there's always another Zeon remnant around the corner

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I was in Japan the day before it came out, and it's playing at a couple theaters near my house, but I've got a work thing tonight so I'll have to wait until it hits blu-ray.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm too afraid of this being mediocre to spend money on it. I hope it's good though.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, Neo-Zeon is in this again? I thought they were done after Unicorn? But then again this Is UC where there's always another Zeon remnant around the corner

I'm not sure if the answer is a spoiler or not, but I'll tag it just in case.

It's actually the Republic of Zeon causing shit, but they're marking their suits in the manner of the Sleeves so they can say "It wasn't us! It was those remnants!"

It's 90 minutes to the closest theater showing it in my state, and it's raining all day. Bring it.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I enjoyed it. Loved the clusterfuck that took place on the colony.

Hathaway's Flash supposed to be a movie or a new series?

InfiniteKing

Oct 26, 2017
I went in knowing nothing about Gundam but since I do like Gunpla I meant to watch Gundam sometime. Mostly confused but I did enjoy it.

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I enjoyed it, but we've never watched Unicorn. Could have used some more time for plot development and pacing.

lizzardpt

Feb 6, 2019
Going to have to wait for this to come out on Blu-Ray... Not even sure I want to watch the trailer, because I'm excited to see more post Unicorn stuff

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I went in knowing nothing about Gundam but since I do like Gunpla I meant to watch Gundam sometime. Mostly confused but I did enjoy it.
Just got back from it after watching Unicorn yesterday. Was.....ok I guess?
My wife and I enjoyed it, but we've never watched Unicorn. Could have used some more time for plot development and pacing.
Man, I really liked it but I could use a second viewing.
lol...all these impressions are basically me whenever I watch modern UC stuff without a clear point of reference.