• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Is there a good amount of players? Especially if you're playing alone? I've never played any of the gundam games but my friend got me Super Robot Wars T for my birthday and I kind of want more gundam in my life right now. I only know one person with a ps4 and not sure he'll grab it though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Wooo finally got rank 3 proficiency with Mk II. Now I can use Emma's AEUG uniform. I don't know why this matters since I'll see it for all of 3 seconds.

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
I was thinking how the fuck do people S rank these F and beyond missions when I have trouble even getting A rank.

Then I learned that you can level up the skills with your currency. I learned this after spending all of them on emblems and shit. Fuck me.

What?! That's good to know! I'm still in the earliest missions, but I was getting pretty frustrated trying to get an S everywhere. And I hate that AI with its input readings, the number of times it dodged a melee attack or a shoot at close range...

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Is there a good amount of players? Especially if you're playing alone? I've never played any of the gundam games but my friend got me Super Robot Wars T for my birthday and I kind of want more gundam in my life right now. I only know one person with a ps4 and not sure he'll grab it though.

Yeah, there's a lot of people online. Can be tough on beginners, but our discord is happy to help among other communities out there like Extreme Evolution. ^^

What?! That's good to know! I'm still in the earliest missions, but I was getting pretty frustrated trying to get an S everywhere. And I hate that AI with its input readings, the number of times it dodged a melee attack or a shoot at close range...

I wouldn't worry about S ranking later missions initially. After you beat area Z (don't worry, it skips from H to Z), you'll get the deathblow skill that kills enemies (and yourself and partner) in one hit. I was able to S rank a number of later missions that way.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Bandai's doing another Gundam games live stream tomorrow with MBON in it. Maybe DLC news?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Now I can start enjoying this game more 😅

Maybe. It's part of their English language Gundam Expo Online and based on an email sent out the focus is likely on BO2 and the mobile Gundam Breaker thing, so I'd say keep expectations low.
I'm still holding onto the belief that the GP system is gonna be used to rent DLC units like in FB (pls)

Last edited:

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
1v1 is a fun distraction more than anything else.
Yeah - also, it should be noted: we unfortunately discovered their lobbies does not give you the option to spectate other people's matches while waiting... 😒

1v1v1 would have been perfect for me and my 2 friends who own this game lol.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON version 1.06 update now available; adds ‘Player Match Arena,’ wireless connection indicator, more

Bandai Namco has released the version 1.06 update for Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON, which adds “Player Match Arena” to Online Battle, an icon to indicate when other play…

And no mention of DLC suits. I'm guessing the dream is dead.
The only thing I can think of is early next year or whenever EXVS2XB goes live.

Oct 27, 2017
Checking in to say that after wanting to give up on this game for my failure to wipe my right analog stick boost cancel habit from my muscle memory, I have had a revelation today after losing a couple rounds by playing more defensively instead of always trying to rush in. That win felt completely in my hands and the match dictated by my actions rather than dumb luck and a good teammate.

I'm looking forward to keep at it with F91 and then try and get back to Deathscythe Hell (tv) which was my main in VS.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Checking in to say that after wanting to give up on this game for my failure to wipe my right analog stick boost cancel habit from my muscle memory, I have had a revelation today after losing a couple rounds by playing more defensively instead of always trying to rush in. That win felt completely in my hands and the match dictated by my actions rather than dumb luck and a good teammate.

I'm looking forward to keep at it with F91 and then try and get back to Deathscythe Hell (tv) which was my main in VS.

The easiest way to get better at this game is to change to a ranged suit/all arounder and just play keep away and poke with beam rifles/projectiles and hop away

Oct 27, 2017
The easiest way to get better at this game is to change to a ranged suit/all arounder and just play keep away and poke with beam rifles/projectiles and hop away
Speaking of... VS had the color coordinated text to help distinguish melee and ranged and the spectrum between. Nothing like that seems present here unless I'm missing something. What's the best way to find out besides trial and error?

bagandscalpel

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of... VS had the color coordinated text to help distinguish melee and ranged and the spectrum between. Nothing like that seems present here unless I'm missing something. What's the best way to find out besides trial and error?
Generally speaking, any attack that separates itself from your suit is a projectile (including stuff like Zeong's rocket punches which are delivered by B button press). There are very few exceptions, like Sandrock's shotel throws, I believe, which will penetrate anti-projectile shields.

Oct 27, 2017
Generally speaking, any attack that separates itself from your suit is a projectile (including stuff like Zeong's rocket punches which are delivered by B button press). There are very few exceptions, like Sandrock's shotel throws, I believe, which will penetrate anti-projectile shields.
No I meant before choosing a suit. Red cost meant strong melee, orange mostly melee, yellow balanced mix, green mostly ranged and blue strong range. I think it was the cost that was color coordinated like that or some other text while choosing a suit.

Here, color just distinguishes cost.

Honestly, I want a game that includes some of the features in VS on PS4 going forward. Going backwards was quite jarring having not played any other game in the series. I like the idea of boost canceling and choosing a support suit. And the aforementioned color coordination lol.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
If I want a physical copy in English, is the Asian import version the way to go? I remember the Vita Gundam Vs. game was like that.