• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I need to find another main outside of Kampfer and Excellia. Should give G-Self a try at some point.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Double X has been my surprise indie darling of the summer. It's assist move (as all of them are) is really good and the surprise huge ass beam takes people by surprise a lot.

That said mission mode is getting to me. It's needlessly unbalanced to where some missions just are frustrating and unfun. The game just really isn't meant for some of the combinations they throw at you.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to S rank every mission up to the first mission in G map.

Just use a defensive ranged unit and spam ranged attacks. Equip all your attack, beam attack and lock on range skills. Equip your partner with every ally team skills.

The hard ones to S rank are those that need you to survive a set amount of time. Those missions are hard and even if you kill like half a dozen to a dozen units, chances are you won't get S rank. I managed to S rank it by taking off every skill I have and equipping every defense and durability skill I had.

Turns out some mission rank you by the amount of health you have left and not how many units you kill.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a link to a list of suits that are good for beginners / team composition that are good for beginners?

I put a bunch of hours into VS but I'm still very much a beginner.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
What's S ranking everything get you anyway? Are prizes different from A? Is it just for completionists?
Extra currency, skills and map percent completion. Not all missions give rewards for getting S rank.

Completing all missions at S rank in an area gives rewards as well. Mostly just a large amount of currency. Helps me a lot cause I don't have ps+ for online.

Last edited:

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a link to a list of suits that are good for beginners / team composition that are good for beginners?

I put a bunch of hours into VS but I'm still very much a beginner.
This doc is alright for suits

I recommend:
3k:
Nu
Hi-Nu
Sinanju

2.5k:
Crossbone X1
Excelia
Infinite Justice

2k:
X2
Gunner Zaku
Zaku Amazing
Build Strike
Delta Plus

I'd say avoid 1.5k suits starting out. They tend to be harder or more niche. I think Crossbone X1/2 are great beginner suits and scale very well. X1 teaches you how to play front more and helps show you how to be aggressive and can be very strong against melee (good since suits like Bael are very popular). X2 is a really good support suit if you take advantage of its charge shot. They both have the beam mantle too, so that lets you make a few mistakes without really getting burned.

Team comps are harder unless you have a dedicated partner in my opinion. 3k+2.5k is generally the strongest comp, but really you can get away with a lot in most games. As long as you aren't doing something like picking a pure melee suit with a partner doing the same, you're generally going to be fine online.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
What does install mean in the doc? I also saw it mention a few times in the thread.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
What does install mean in the doc? I also saw it mention a few times in the thread.
Install is a power-up state. So using Full Cloth as an example, when you use his charge shots, they power up his gun or sword for a period of time. That's considered an install.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My copy came in the mail today and I'll play online at some point, but honestly, I'm having a blast playing split screen co-op/versus with my daughter. The kid has taken a liking to Noble and Strike Rouge. We're going through the branches together and do a lot of 1v1 battling.

Crossbone X-1 is my boy.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to punish myself by finally sitting down and beating my head against the EW Heavyarms wall. It's been so many years and I just want to know what it feels like to know what I'm doing with this suit.
Eetj6MAXYAUZtr1

I'm starting to understand. It's just a different game with him man. Rave might have helped with the streak.

Last edited:
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
New online stability update, also considering a 1v1 mode.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
The more I play, the more I realize knowing the enemy's move set is just as important as mastering your own.

Can I please get a Discord invite?

dwix85

Nov 15, 2017
New online stability update, also considering a 1v1 mode.

Hope its better - it's been a rough launch outside of Ranked.

My buddy and I can never see the same Player Match lobbies and we live like 20 minutes from each other. We will even restart the game and then its like our lobby lists swap just to mess with us. Looking forward to practicing suits online without having to punish other players in ranked matches.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
What is the point of the impulse's separation attack? You can still get hit while you do it so just splitting apart to shoot doesn't seem to do anything?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What is the point of the impulse's separation attack? You can still get hit while you do it so just splitting apart to shoot doesn't seem to do anything?
It's more of a last second dodge than anything else. See how it's used around 2:30 here with some notes.

The more I play, the more I realize knowing the enemy's move set is just as important as mastering your own.

Can I please get a Discord invite?

Sent!

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
What suits are everyone feeling?

Right now, I'd say my rotation of suits I enjoy is:
Turn A
Hot Scramble
Full Cloth

X1
Qubeley
Strike Noir
Arche
X
Infinite Justice
Deathscythe EW

X2
F91
Throne Drei
Delta Plus
Montero
Build Strike
Zaku Amazing

Zudah
Kampfer (don't really play much)

Been trying a lot of new suits instead of just playing the same old ones I always do. The large amount of players has been a good incentive to experiment too. I never tried suits like Qubeley in previous entries and I love playing it now lol

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Full Armor Gundam

Atlas has fun mobility

As far as 2k

Exia is too damn good

Blue Destiny is love Blue Destiny is life

Rx-78-2 with hammer stomp cancels is glorious

And Shiro with my one 1500k unit

I want to try more but my time with the game is very limited during the week.

BusterSword

May 10, 2019
Daytona Beach, FL
Penelope

Psycho Zaku

GP01fb

Never heard of her

Learning Penelope has seriously increased my win rate for ranked. The suit is TOO DAMN GOOD, but GP01fb will always be my true bae.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Destiny
Strike Freedom
Banshee Norn

Freedom
Banshee

Exia

Ez8

Still trying to remember what I liked back in GvGNP and FB. Lots of stuff seems changed like Wing Zero TV gerobi and cheesing Zeta/ZZ with low cost units and getting the biosensor activate.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I've only used Emma's Mk II in the full game so far but in the open access it was:

Nu Gundam
Sazabi
Wing Zero EW (to an extent)

Qubeley mostly. I love this suit.
GP03

Gundam Mk II
Victory Gundam
Kshatriya
Barbatos
Throne Drei kind of

Buster Gundam

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
DHL finally dropped off my copy. Going to give stick a legit chance this time and see how it goes.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
too stressful (Unicorn, I suppose. Or FAZZ)

ZZ Gundam
Brave Commander

Delta Plus
Emma Mk II
Build Strike
Zaku Amazing
I AM A GENIUS
OH NOOOOOO

ELLE THE QUEEN OF BEAMS

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Double X has been my surprise indie darling of the summer. It's assist move (as all of them are) is really good and the surprise huge ass beam takes people by surprise a lot.

That said mission mode is getting to me. It's needlessly unbalanced to where some missions just are frustrating and unfun. The game just really isn't meant for some of the combinations they throw at you.
Double X is my favorite suit in the game. I love how much options it has. There are two types of assists, lingering satellite options with the GX-bits, moves that include throwing melee that paralyzes and lastly the awesome Twin Satellite Cannons which when you hit your target it is so satisfying.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Any recommend a good fighting stick for Playstation. I was looking at the Razer Panthera Evo.

there's not a lot of choice these days. I have an OG Panthera that ive been using, but its super heavy. I ordered an EVO the other day to see if the lighter weight will help not put so much pressure on the back of my knees but its not here yet.

I had a hori HRAP 4 for a while in '15-'17 and I freaking hated it.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Turn X
Turn A
Zabanya

Tallgeese II
Crosbone X3
Heavyarms EW
Raphael
Gundam X

Kshatriya
Build Strike
Zaku Amazing
Sandrock
Johnny fuckin Ridden
Kapools
Victory Gundam

Efreet
Gouf Custom

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Why are all the good non anime suits all Setsuna's lmao. He has so many suits.

Kinda confused since I haven't used it in a match but what's the difference between his 2b and a standard block on Naked 00Q and Full Saber?

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I don't play those, but it's a melee counter going off of the wiki

So useful tools if you have someone mashing melee attacks and you can predict it. They tend to start up faster than melee attacks.
Thanks. It seems very useful in a pinch.
That website is great. I've been reading up on units for a while too.

Finally got S rank on every mission. The reward is a skill that removes the hud.

How exactly do you view every branch battle last scenes? I've finished all the mission including the ex ones in branch battle solo. I dunno how to get this trophy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks. It seems very useful in a pinch.
That website is great. I've been reading up on units for a while too.

Finally got S rank on every mission. The reward is a skill that removes the hud.

How exactly do you view every branch battle last scenes? I've finished all the mission including the ex ones in branch battle solo. I dunno how to get this trophy.
Get 600k points in total before ending the branch. 9A-E will open up afterwards.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
For those wondering, it charted 1st in physical sales in Japan for the week ending on the 2nd of August, per Famitsu.

1. [PS4] Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON (Bandai Namco, 07/30/20) – 123,147 (New)
  2. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 56,730 (5,337,128)
  3. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 37,217 (1,242,596)
  4. [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima (SIE, 07/17/20) – 31,932 (298,234)
  5. [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King (Nintendo, 07/17/20) – 22,773 (182,508)

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
For those wondering, it charted 1st in physical sales in Japan for the week ending on the 2nd of August, per Famitsu.

1. [PS4] Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON (Bandai Namco, 07/30/20) – 123,147 (New)
  2. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo, 03/20/20) – 56,730 (5,337,128)
  3. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 37,217 (1,242,596)
  4. [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima (SIE, 07/17/20) – 31,932 (298,234)
  5. [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King (Nintendo, 07/17/20) – 22,773 (182,508)
Good to hear!

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Is there a guide to melee specifically and how it works cause it feels almost like its just who hits who first? And then is there no combo breaking or such cause some suits once they hit you in melee seem to just go to town on you with a constant combo of punishment and seems you can't do anything?

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Butt clenching dodges ftw!

Is there a guide to melee specifically and how it works cause it feels almost like its just who hits who first? And then is there no combo breaking or such cause some suits once they hit you in melee seem to just go to town on you with a constant combo of punishment and seems you can't do anything?

Once you're caught in a melee combo, it's up to your partner to stop them, which is specifically called cutting. This is where comms come into play to let you partner know you need support. Doesn't always work but a good partner generally has an eye on both enemies.

Another way to get out of combo strings or attacks in general is to have the Extend Burst. When the burst gauge is at least 50%, you can activate your burst and escape while getting attacked. Other bursts allow you to do this, but the gauge has to be at 100%.

As for a melee guide? Well, it's from Gundam Versus but the principles are pretty much the same.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Some Phantom Gundam highlights from ranked play over the week. ^^

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
When playing as Build Strike, whats it's bottom move (looks like a shield)? I don't think i've ever been able to activate it. It's been bugging me for days!

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
When playing as Build Strike, whats it's bottom move (looks like a shield)? I don't think i've ever been able to activate it. It's been bugging me for days!
That's his BC shield dash. It's basically the shield's life as it's a shooting guard. Once it's taken 100(?) dmg, you can't use it anymore until the next life I believe.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I think I finished everything I need to do in single player. Time to dip my toes into ranked.