• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I just got Dianna to level 3 intimacy. Any reason to raise Navis to 5 hearts besides the satisfaction?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I believe there's two trophies you can get. One for getting a Navi to max affection, and another for getting 5 Navis to max affection.
Just got her to level 4 by accident so I might as well. Does anyone else find it impossible to even notice the battle navi while they're in a match? I'm always telling myself I will in the next match but it never happens.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Montero last night and this suit's a lot of fun. I really like that his whip doubles as a projectile like Deathscythe EW's A and you can even rainbow step it to follow up into an assist->A for fastfall

I was toying with Gundam X as well, but I have a hard time really feeling like a threat. Dunno if this one's for me. I'll probably just give regular X-Divider a go since I like the gerobi and blade a lot so I can do that without juggling forms.

I've been having a lot of fun with 2.5k Qubeley too. Feels really smooth and I get to press a lot of buttons all the time. I also appreciate being able to be a threat even in green lock range with her manual firing funnels. Lots of great movement options and strong melee tools too. Dunno why I never really messed with her in previous versions.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
So I know absolutely nothing about Gundam other than watching G years ago but I'm super into fighting games and this looks sick.
Would it be a good purchase for me?

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
So I know absolutely nothing about Gundam other than watching G years ago but I'm super into fighting games and this looks sick.
Would it be a good purchase for me?
it's a great fighting game. execution is very easy and it's pretty free form with how combos work, so it's more about just adapting to situations and outplaying your opponents. there's nothing else quite like it (especially being a strictly 2v2 arena fighter), so I'd recommend it. I got into Full Boost without being much of a Gundam fan and I fell in love with the game series. So I'd say check it out if you're interested. It's a legitimately great game and I think these are the best licensed anime games period (some of the best licensed games in all honesty).

Jan 26, 2019
England
I bounced off of Gundam Versus but I'm going to try again with Maxiboost. Sticking to offline for now until I absorb stuff from all these newbie lectures then will try online. Are there other fellow scrubs around or is online just all killers like Versus was? Is it active for EU/UK based players at all? Does the netcode hold up UK to US?

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I bounced off of Gundam Versus but I'm going to try again with Maxiboost. Sticking to offline for now until I absorb stuff from all these newbie lectures then will try online. Are there other fellow scrubs around or is online just all killers like Versus was? Is it active for EU/UK based players at all? Does the netcode hold up UK to US?
Fellow scrub reporting. I plan to just finish everything offline as well then do online after I'm more confident on a few suits.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Like other fighting type games I swear sometimes the enemy AI is reading your inputs and perfectly dodges, counters or blocks at the very last second especially on harder difficulties.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Loads of new people online still. Much better spread than Versus for sure. As for UK to US, I have a US PSN and am in the UK and primarily play with US peeps here. It works well enough, but of course you're gonna get some laggy matches here and there

Anyone got a list of online ranks?

Ummmm:

Civilian
Rookie
Private E-1
Private E-2
PFC
Corporal
Sergeant
Master Sgt
2nd Lt
1st Lt
Captain
Major
Lt Colonel
Colonel
Major General
Lt General
General
Field Marshal
Supreme Commander

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
I played I think 11 games last night and one a single won. Had a lot of fun for the most part. There was only one player who was far and away trouncing everyone. Gotta say I don't understand how melee works. I can either never get close, or when I do the enemy melee comes out quicker. I seem to do ok with ranged (been getting my feet wet with RX-78-2).

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Like other fighting type games I swear sometimes the enemy AI is reading your inputs and perfectly dodges, counters or blocks at the very last second especially on harder difficulties.

The enemy AI in this is just awful. It definitely reads inputs. It's not too surprising its not all that balanced, particularly in the mission mode and against bosses. Bosses have no reactions to being hit and some of the grunts numbers+loadouts make them a nightmare to deal with. Looking at you swarm of Shrike team members.

It hasn't gotten frustrating yet but oof some of the team combos and grunt destruction missions are rough.

Also Shadow Gundam is some BS haha. I played like 10 ranked matches last night and the online gods wanted me to struggle against a particular Shadow player until I finally got his ass. Using both Atlas and Psycho Zaku as my current favorites online.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Freaking finally.

kx6rXuH_d.jpg

l3GfPDm_d.jpg

Gunny T Highway

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The enemy AI in this is just awful. It definitely reads inputs. It's not too surprising its not all that balanced, particularly in the mission mode and against bosses. Bosses have no reactions to being hit and some of the grunts numbers+loadouts make them a nightmare to deal with. Looking at you swarm of Shrike team members.

It hasn't gotten frustrating yet but oof some of the team combos and grunt destruction missions are rough.

Also Shadow Gundam is some BS haha. I played like 10 ranked matches last night and the online gods wanted me to struggle against a particular Shadow player until I finally got his ass. Using both Atlas and Psycho Zaku as my current favorites online.
Yeah fuck that Shrike Team Members mission. I do not know how the hell you are expected to S Rank it because of how many Gun EZ's plus one Victory Gundam Hexa you have to take down.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah fuck that Shrike Team Members mission. I do not know how the hell you are expected to S Rank it because of how many Gun EZ's plus one Victory Gundam Hexa you have to take down.
There are later skills that boost your attacks by a fair amount, but in the earlier missions like that one, it's better to use a 3000 simply due to their strength. I got S with V2 on that one after another go.

And tbf if you're grade hunting right from the get go, higher cost suits are the way to go.

Gunny T Highway

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
There are later skills that boost your attacks by a fair amount, but in the earlier matches like that one, it's better to use a 3000 simply due to their strength. I got S with V2 on that one after another go.
Yeah I currently have some skills that really boost some of my abilities. I have one that gives me instant 100% ex gauge. With the Double X right at the start of a mission I pop it and use the ex burst melting enemies right out the gate.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I can't stand Destiny Gundam and his stupid stab move that takes me halfway across the map with him. I can't stand melee suits in general. They always seem to get me from a mile away and I can never get into the habit of stepping or dodging for some reason.

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
Man I can't stand Destiny Gundam and his stupid stab move that takes me halfway across the map with him. I can't stand melee suits in general. They always seem to get me from a mile away and I can never get into the habit of stepping or dodging for some reason.

Some people hated Gundam Versus because their favorite suit wasn't in it. I enjoyed that it just forgot about Destiny.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the trophy for Ensign (though it's actually 2nd Lt?).

I've really been clicking with Destiny Gundam. Once I got over being anxious playing a 3k, it got pretty fun to use.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
OpK2fx0.jpg

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking how the fuck do people S rank these F and beyond missions when I have trouble even getting A rank.

Then I learned that you can level up the skills with your currency. I learned this after spending all of them on emblems and shit. Fuck me.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I was thinking how the fuck do people S rank these F and beyond missions when I have trouble even getting A rank.

Then I learned that you can level up the skills with your currency. I learned this after spending all of them on emblems and shit. Fuck me.
OMG. But yeah, it took me awhile to find the level up option as well, but I had like 200k points from online play so I was good. 🤣

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
wait, where's the level up option?
It's on the menu where you look at the equipped skills. Pressing triangle while highlighting a skill will give a prompt for leveling it up.

Not every skill can be leveled up though. Those that can are indicated by having a number somewhere on the right side of the menu. Those that can't have it blank or a horizontal line.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to play as Full Cloth for years but something about it never clicked. I think I finally *get* it now

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of annoying that you can't see how many battles you've done with a mobile suit unless it's a ranked match. I'd like to know how much more I have to go to get rank 3 proficiency.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to punish myself by finally sitting down and beating my head against the EW Heavyarms wall. It's been so many years and I just want to know what it feels like to know what I'm doing with this suit.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Kind of annoying that you can't see how many battles you've done with a mobile suit unless it's a ranked match. I'd like to know how much more I have to go to get rank 3 proficiency.
It doesn't have to be ranked match. The player room just has to have "Save Battle Records" enabled

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
What's your game plan like with it? I've been meaning to give it a shot
Without installs you have to play kind of passively since you don't have a lot of options. It has a great BR so you can kind of mash it since you can reload it whenever. AB is good for varying up movement and hitting people above you. And AC is a nice panic button if you need to get someone out of your face.

With the installs it instantly becomes a lot more fluid. You can cancel any AC input into another, and any BR shot or AC shot into a reload for a fast fall. The 4/6AB whip it gets with sword unlocked is incredible with those. Having a fastfall on command is very strong since it also gets added movement buffs with both installs on. So you can chain together sequences like A->6AB>5AC->BC to shoot, cancel into whip then rainbow step into a big shot into a fastfall and stuff. It lets you become REALLY hard to hit and that's just kind of the tip of it. But outside of the large cancels and fastfalls out of them, you kind of just bully people with fundamentals since you will outboost most suits and you have so much ammo.

It's about just trying to do as much as possible when you're buffed, and knowing how to play more passive when they're in cooldown.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Did they say anything about there being DLC for this?

I mean their focus is likely on EXVS2 which is a totally different game/engine, it's not like like back for EXVS and FB could be transferred to arcades or the other way.

SayemAhmd

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 3, 2019
Been spending a good 4-5 hours on this every night. Not played since 2014 or so. Dusting off my Strike Noir and trying new things. Me and my partner went ranked hold last night for an hour and got stomped. Back to the lab I go! It's amazing to see all of the community resources coming out, makes everything a whole load easier to understand.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Did they say anything about there being DLC for this?

I mean their focus is likely on EXVS2 which is a totally different game/engine, it's not like like back for EXVS and FB could be transferred to arcades or the other way.

They said they weren't planning on anything atm aside from a potential spectator mode, but considering they've already pulled Zaku Amazing, Montero and Rex from EXVS2 to MBON, anything is possible.

Would like to see some units from Versus get in like Mudrock and Pixy.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Without installs you have to play kind of passively since you don't have a lot of options. It has a great BR so you can kind of mash it since you can reload it whenever. AB is good for varying up movement and hitting people above you. And AC is a nice panic button if you need to get someone out of your face.

With the installs it instantly becomes a lot more fluid. You can cancel any AC input into another, and any BR shot or AC shot into a reload for a fast fall. The 4/6AB whip it gets with sword unlocked is incredible with those. Having a fastfall on command is very strong since it also gets added movement buffs with both installs on. So you can chain together sequences like A->6AB>5AC->BC to shoot, cancel into whip then rainbow step into a big shot into a fastfall and stuff. It lets you become REALLY hard to hit and that's just kind of the tip of it. But outside of the large cancels and fastfalls out of them, you kind of just bully people with fundamentals since you will outboost most suits and you have so much ammo.

It's about just trying to do as much as possible when you're buffed, and knowing how to play more passive when they're in cooldown.
Good stuff, thanks for the rundown!

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
oh... Fuck I forgot this game came out last week, been distracted by uh... everything tbh.

I'll pick it up soon then. Seems fun.