• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Feel free to report the first post to let them know to change it. Did it on my end awhile ago, but nothing yet.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
So I have the R3 version of the game so I could have a physical disc. Does that affect which server or players I'm gonna be paired up with?

X05

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing a bit of the mission mode, and thank fuck you don't have to level up each suit independently this time around. That was a grind I was *not* looking forward to
And having a map of sorts like EXVS again feels nice and definitely more interesting than the mission list in EXVSFB

Yeah Athrun is shafted in this game. He is surprisingly one of the few good characters from Seed/Seed Destiny. I would love to pilot the Savior Gundam out of all of his suits.
Well, he's pretty much the only one who doesn't get its character destroyed in Destiny so that's, uh, something

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised in normal SEED there's Freedom...and a bunch of other units...but no Justice.

Seems like an odd decision.
And no Aegis, which means the only Gundams from SEED that are missing are that one boring druggie suit and all of his lol

goes up really quick from online matches. I already maxed out mine and also got up to 52k GP fast.
Yeah, the game *really* wants you to play online

Like VS, I went into media to check out Wing's clip and snag some PS4 background photos.... and no clip for Wing and maybe one or two more series. The little things really bug me with this game haha.
IIRC neither EXVS nor EXVSFB have one for Wing either (and they have been reusing them since then)

Oct 27, 2017
Curious how I earn proficiency and these other points and what mode contributes to what.

I'm just playing and not really seeing progress as far as ranks other than my tag being e-1 or whatever. I see a silver dot in some other tab but don't know how that fills up despite being 5/8 in ranked.

Edit: So doing a fixed suit battle with Blue Destiny once gave me that silver dot/diamond, raising my proficiency. What makes it go higher than that? Wins, time used? Because I've been exclusively Deathscythe Hell except for these fixed battles in every mode and still at one dot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So I have the R3 version of the game so I could have a physical disc. Does that affect which server or players I'm gonna be paired up with?
You can set connections to worldwide, you should be fine. It's P2P, so no server stuff.
Curious how I earn proficiency and these other points and what mode contributes to what.

I'm just playing and not really seeing progress as far as ranks other than my tag being e-1 or whatever. I see a silver dot in some other tab but don't know how that fills up despite being 5/8 in ranked.

Edit: So doing a fixed suit battle with Blue Destiny once gave me that silver dot/diamond, raising my proficiency. What makes it go higher than that? Wins, time used? Because I've been exclusively Deathscythe Hell except for these fixed battles in every mode and still at one dot.

If it's anything like Full Boost...

1 star: 1 game
2 star: 100 games
3 star: 300 games
4 star: 500 games
5 star: 1000 games

And that should be in all modes.

Oct 27, 2017
You can set connections to worldwide, you should be fine. It's P2P, so no server stuff.

If it's anything like Full Boost...

1 star: 1 game
2 star: 100 games
3 star: 300 games
4 star: 500 games
5 star: 1000 games

And that should be in all modes.
That's absurd given the the amount of suits and unlocks there are. Is that what CP is? How many times used?

Should have been a points system that could be maxed out in way under a hundred uses if you perform well in various modes (perfects, win streaks, final kills, first place etc netting you more points).

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That's absurd given the the amount of suits and unlocks there are. Is that what CP is? How many times used?

Should have been a points system that could be maxed out in way under a hundred uses if you perform well in various modes (perfects, win streaks, final kills, first place etc netting you more points).

The GP system is there to counteract that since it can be used as an alternative to unlocking what you want without the play requirements for a particular suit.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Proficiency just unlocks pilot costumes and title/emblem stuff, right? Unless you're someone who wants to unlock all of them for some reason, GP makes it a fine system.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Wow I actually feel good at the game because I'm not playing against veterans like I was in the open access lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah it's one or the other.
Not so absurd then haha.

I'm quite liking the Maxiboost mode or whatever it was called. Gives me a sort of Dissidia FF board vibe. Makes me wish there were boards specific to each series with forced suit battles (but with the freedom of choosing any suit within that series for the entire board).

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I totally forgot you could change your Pilot's look in this game.

Played someone online with a cross dressing Loran pilot skin and wondered if I missed a Turn A variant.

latest

Now that I've actually looked at the "Pilot" category in the customize tab there's a lot of casual wear I might want to grind for.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually kind of underwhelmed by the unlockables. Some of them is just a change of shirt or something. It's not stuff I'll ever really notice.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm committing a cardinal sin, adding Macross music.

But I gotta beat fools while blaring some Sheryl Nome tracks.

And some Walküre.

Last edited:

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Playing the campaign and wow some of those hard missions are actually hard.

Also, some missions are so difficult to S rank. There was a fixed suit mission for Nu Gundam where the target is Sazabi, I think that is in B or C section. I did my best taking the sazabi fast or killing every mobile suit. I just can't get an S. I think I had one try where I only got knocked down once, still got an A.

Still enjoying it though, I am almost trying a cheese strat when things get rough.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It's generally all canonical outfits and gundam characters really only exist between space suit and tshirt
I think it would've also been cool to be able to unlock new Navis by increasing the intimacy of all Navis in a series. Like, Max our Atra and Kudelia to unlock Orga or something. Speaking of, how exactly do you raise Navi intimacy? I saw that to raise mobile suit proficiency you have to fight literally hundreds of battles. Is it the same with a Navi?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I think I lost every single game I played tonight outside maybe 1 match over a couple hours. Was not a good night. Though to be fair taking down a 3000 cost Nightingale with Infinite Justice Lacus Edition for that one win sure was satisfying lol

Also had a lot of trouble finding matches. It kept saying "players declined", what does that even mean? I thought you can't see who you're playing against in ranked shuffle?

And I thought the whole point of ranked shuffle is that it shuffles the players around so you never know who you'll end up with and against? I must have fought like 10 matches in a row against the same guy who had like 20+ win streak and he was always on the opposite team destroying my team, I would have thought with shuffle I'd end up on the same team as him at some point? Most of the time I play shuffle it seems like it takes the 2 players who are the best and both have win streaks going and puts them on the same team vs the beginners.

And casual match rooms seemed totally dead tonight.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think it would've also been cool to be able to unlock new Navis by increasing the intimacy of all Navis in a series. Like, Max our Atra and Kudelia to unlock Orga or something. Speaking of, how exactly do you raise Navi intimacy? I saw that to raise mobile suit proficiency you have to fight literally hundreds of battles. Is it the same with a Navi?
Just play with them set, it doesn't take very long I have like four maxed.

I think I lost every single game I played tonight outside maybe 1 match over a couple hours. Was not a good night. Though to be fair taking down a 3000 cost Nightingale with Infinite Justice Lacus Edition for that one win sure was satisfying lol

Also had a lot of trouble finding matches. It kept saying "players declined", what does that even mean? I thought you can't see who you're playing against in ranked shuffle?

And I thought the whole point of ranked shuffle is that it shuffles the players around so you never know who you'll end up with and against? I must have fought like 10 matches in a row against the same guy who had like 20+ win streak and he was always on the opposite team destroying my team, I would have thought with shuffle I'd end up on the same team as him at some point? Most of the time I play shuffle it seems like it takes the 2 players who are the best and both have win streaks going and puts them on the same team vs the beginners.

And casual match rooms seemed totally dead tonight.
people will decline based on rank a lot of the time since they'll lose more points against lower ranked players, or connection for obvious reasons. If you really just want to play then go to a player match lobby, I really don't know what purpose casual serves

Video lecture series on MBON gameplay
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Some good stuff to check out if you want to learn how to pressure people the right way.

The whole lecture series is great for all as well. Not too long and easy to understand.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Just play with them set, it doesn't take very long I have like four maxed.

people will decline based on rank a lot of the time since they'll lose more points against lower ranked players, or connection for obvious reasons. If you really just want to play then go to a player match lobby, I really don't know what purpose casual serves

But how are they already seeing my rank/connection while I'm still in the practice mode screen?

Also this seems poorly designed allowing people to decline ranked matches. This isn't six months into the game where no one wants to play a new player with a low rank. This is the first weekend the game is out and it's already hard to get matches because so many people decline. Probably took me about 3-5 min wait per match last night.

And shouldn't matchmaking be matching people of similar rank? Are the servers region locked? Seems like very few players in NA.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Some good stuff to check out if you want to learn how to pressure people the right way.

The whole lecture series is great for all as well. Not too long and easy to understand.

Wow cant believe I never thought of chasing someone from behind lol. I've been punished so much by boosting in the same direction as my opponent because I end up accidentally closing the gap. That and we both miss a lot.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit the Boost Missions are starting to get HARD to S rank.

D-29 and D-27 were tough. Especially 29. Pitting you alone against 3 SUMOs who all have lots of ranged options was a nightmare to dodge through.

Had to resort to using Turn A's Nuke move to weaken some fights. I'm actually having a lot of fun.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
But how are they already seeing my rank/connection while I'm still in the practice mode screen?

Also this seems poorly designed allowing people to decline ranked matches. This isn't six months into the game where no one wants to play a new player with a low rank. This is the first weekend the game is out and it's already hard to get matches because so many people decline. Probably took me about 3-5 min wait per match last night.

And shouldn't matchmaking be matching people of similar rank? Are the servers region locked? Seems like very few players in NA.
It seems to definitely pit PSN region, but I've been getting loads of matches lately from the UK with US players with my US PSN and have played Shouta and Mecha a couple times as well. But yeah, it could do a better job of matching in general.

As for the dropping before you get to the line check screen, leaving the waiting room will cancel that. As to why people are doing that while waiting for a match... dunno 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Most games have a pop up to accept a game so you don't end up fighting someone with a one bar connection.

And yea it's a full price digital only port of a several year old arcade game with no advertising, the size of the community is going to be a bit limited lol. Like I said, most people are in player matches so I guarantee you'll have a better experience there.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Most games have a pop up to accept a game so you don't end up fighting someone with a one bar connection.

And yea it's a full price digital only port of a several year old arcade game with no advertising, the size of the community is going to be a bit limited lol. Like I said, most people are in player matches so I guarantee you'll have a better experience there.

Yeah, I'll try sticking to player matches and see how that goes. I've been playing the series since the original, but I'm still around beginner/intermediate (fine with movement, ok at defense, but don't really have any individual unit strategies and pretty much flip around units every couple of matches to keep trying them all) and I prefer auto-match-making with different random people each time since it's less embarrassing than being in a room of the same people over and over who get to see how bad I am haha

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So to my surprise Play asia found a copy of the special edition and reinstated ny order. I'm actually getting it soon!

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Holy shit the Boost Missions are starting to get HARD to S rank.

D-29 and D-27 were tough. Especially 29. Pitting you alone against 3 SUMOs who all have lots of ranged options was a nightmare to dodge through.

Had to resort to using Turn A's Nuke move to weaken some fights. I'm actually having a lot of fun.

That SUMO mission was super hard! AI SUMOs are my nightmare and this one has at least 3-4 ganging up on you at once lol

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Thought my partner was getting beat down. Went to support and realized too late it was my partner who was doing the beating... whoops!

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never get tired of looking through the almost 200 character Roster and finding someone cool to learn.

Currently learning Ghram's Brave (Commander Type). It's very fun and I forgot they even added it.