• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Super in-depth player guidebook for everyone
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
While you're waiting, the Extreme Evolution Gundam crew just released a player guide for all levels of expertise:

No more having to attempt to translate JP wikis since it's all there!

wtf. I didn't know this existed. Do they have a lot of exclusive mobile suits?
Yeah they have a few like Nu Zeon Gundam and Moon Gundam

Last edited:

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shame this thread was already put into the hangouts section.

Hopefully there's a launch trailer so someone can make a thread to remind people/get the word out.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Shame this thread was already put into the hangouts section.

Hopefully there's a launch trailer so someone can make a thread to remind people/get the word out.
Maybe donkey can make a request to have it moved back to Gaming since it officially launches tomorrow? I mean there are other OTs in Gaming that are well past their month release day.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
3 hours left! I don't think I can stay up for it but godspeed to those who will! Excited to play sp and lose online as Rex while jammin to some slammin tunes >:)

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe donkey can make a request to have it moved back to Gaming since it officially launches tomorrow? I mean there are other OTs in Gaming that are well past their month release day.
That would be more ideal, then making a separate thread and linking it to this one with all the info.
Asked. Here's to hoping!

And happy launch day y'all ^^ So many Rexes online based on all the streams out there so far... xD

EDIT: wooo! Thanks to whoever moved us back 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

Last edited:

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.... looking at the trophy list, still not sure if I'll go for platinum like I did for GVS. Most seem easy to get through playing regularly, and I'm glad there isn't a ridiculous requirement for the ranked match stuff.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how much online I'lll be playing the first week or so.

I think I'm going to focus on the singleplayer missions and unlocking operators/HUDs/etc.

Maybe I'll hit up the occasional Room and spar with some people at first, before I give Ranked a try.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Japan physical is also available at amazon.co.jp and the other usual places. I'm assuming that will have English too but I'll be able to say definitively or not when it gets here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Figures it unlocks at 11pm cst, and I have to work 11p to 7a. No fair lol.

Well at least I'm off Friday, I'll get plenty of time with this.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how much stuff can be bought with GP.
Currently importing music, lol
Might play a bit of the single player stuff before I got to bed... Have a class in the morning, but after that, it's Gundam time!

Also this thread missed out on getting a tag D=

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit we can already play it? Fuck I gotta sleep. But I'm glad it'll be waiting for me as soon as I'm done with work tomorrow. Is Rex already available if I preordered?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna play it tomorrow after work myself. Had to hard skip the G-sound version. 12,000 yen Gundam game tax is nuts. Gonna order it from the NA PSN.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Trying to decide if I hit up a shop on my way home tonight or just wait until tomorrow when I have more time... Hmmmm...

Gonna play it tomorrow after work myself. Had to hard skip the G-sound version. 12,000 yen Gundam game tax is nuts. Gonna order it from the NA PSN.

The standard version supports custom soundtracks anyway, so the G-sound version doesn't feel as necessary this time thankfully.
Also, it's probably more of a JASRAC tax heh

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just got a few more meetings today before jumping in. Might just run a couple ranked matches at lunch time to get it out of my system, heh.

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017
I thought the custom soundtracks would work like Full Boost and you would be able to check and change the volume when setting them up but there's no option for it unfortunately. Guess I'll have to manually boost them later.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

We've got some new mods taking care of moving OTs around so there might be a few bumps in the road for the next week or so. Can always request a move! We often move OTs back to gaming around a specific thing (new port, new release etc)!

Thanks for linking that guide donkey ! Gonna be super useful. Excited to jump in once I've got through today!

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We've got some new mods taking care of moving OTs around so there might be a few bumps in the road for the next week or so. Can always request a move! We often move OTs back to gaming around a specific thing (new port, new release etc)!

Thanks for linking that guide donkey ! Gonna be super useful. Excited to jump in once I've got through today!
Thankfully we got moved last night! How do I pop in one of those new fancy OT tags now? xD

And no problemo, that doc is so in-depth and covers practically everything. ^^

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
My Lord Gundam bless you.

9fc4e691b18f3317a8260d24d4d4e09ee1eac082_00.gif

Gonna try to run ranked during my lunch break. See how they like my UK connection... xD

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
While you're waiting, the Extreme Evolution Gundam crew just released a player guide for all levels of expertise:

No more having to attempt to translate JP wikis since it's all there!

Oh wow, this is great! Thanks for posting donkey!

Just did a run of Branch Battle and it's good to see the game follows the fighting game tradition of making the final boss fucking ridiculous. I was only a bit below the middle path and I still got wrecked. Does anyone know if there's any logic behind who your CPU ally player is on the final level? I think I had the Cherudim helping me and it was actually pretty decent.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I give up for this morning. Every match I've tried to play had connection issues. And it's not me, I'm wired.

Guess I'll try later before I go back to work.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Well I give up for this morning. Every match I've tried to play had connection issues. And it's not me, I'm wired.

Guess I'll try later before I go back to work.
Must be getting really unlucky with WiFi warriors or something. I've had no major issues yet thankfully aside from accidentally cancelling a full green match. Bless Sthesia.

EeLSGzAWoAAZZrw

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I understand the deal about songs. Do the EU/US version have the same tracks as the standard JP version?
If not what does it have?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You should actually. There are in my US copy before I did any custom music. Bandai did way better musically here than with VS

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to get SEA version but might as well use my free playstation bux from the 10 year anniversary.

Anyone have experience playing this on a hitbox? Thinking of giving it a try as opposed to stick.

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to get SEA version but might as well use my free playstation bux from the 10 year anniversary.

Anyone have experience playing this on a hitbox? Thinking of giving it a try as opposed to stick.
I haven't tried it myself but I saw a few people post on reddit saying it was their preferred way to play.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Some people were saying it took a bit to get used to moving forward with their thumb. It shouldn't be to hard to flip the wiring to change that.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

I play on stick, but hitboxes should work fine considering the movement is all digital. I'd imagine it'd be easier for some things like diagonal stepping in burst

theHabazoo3

Nov 5, 2017
Does anyone know if there's a boss rush mode cuz whenever I go to branch battle it doesn't come up like gundam vs extreme full boost?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
When you play online you can't hear other people's custom soundtracks right? If it plays an opponent's theme it'll just be one of the ones on the default soundtrack?

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, guess who forgot to preorder this thing?

Guess I'll have to splurge for the Rex later :'(

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reddit figured out how to get custom tracks working.

1596125657372.png

TL:DR: Get a USB, make a root folder called "MBONMUSIC" and put all your mp3's in it. Then go to Customize->Background music->Import BGM

Cant wait to Jam to the Final Fantasy VIIR soundtrack.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit figured out how to get custom tracks working.

1596125657372.png

TL:DR: Get a USB, make a root folder called "MBONMUSIC" and put all your mp3's in it. Then go to Customize->Background music->Import BGM

Cant wait to Jam to the Final Fantasy VIIR soundtrack.
So it doesn't replace existing songs like EXVSFB did?
That's real nice, and makes the Premium G version pretty much useless lol