• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
How to git gud with Epyon?
Gotta pick your fights carefully and be patient mostly. Know when to commit and all that. Don't try to shove your face in if you're getting double locked and stuff.

For Epyon specific stuff you'll want the Install done with AC on all the time, so just pop it at round start and Spawn. It increases damage and mobility so there's really no reason to leave it off. When you get a melee hit, use A to cancel instead of stepping so just do like BABABABA (amount of times you can do it varies on starter) into an ender (something like B~BC) for your combos.

If you're fighting melee suits you can use your whip to keep them honest too. 4/6AB and 5AB are good for horizontal and vertical attacks.

If you aren't used to playing melee I'd start with something with more traditional neutral tools like X1 Kai till you get comfortable with the neutral/concept. Epyon is pretty hard to play neutral with and you miss on good habits.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the simplicity of the Nu Gundam and Sazabi. I actually got some wins with. I was working on Wing Zero EW before it ended last night and I like it but it's pretty floaty. I had trouble controlling it at times.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I really liked the simplicity of the Nu Gundam and Sazabi. I actually got some wins with. I was working on Wing Zero EW before it ended last night and I like it but it's pretty floaty. I had trouble controlling it at times.
Speaking of gerobis like WZEW, this should be helpful in attempting to land those types of attacks:

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Hey donkey , PS3 sticks do work in a legacy controller mode. Was using a Mad Catz SCV stick I got as a gift.

Honestly tempted to drop for the MBON Hori, but not sure because I kind of want to play this on a Hitbox.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Some Kämpfer gameplay from the weekend. Mash SUB SUB SUB when in S Burts ftw.

Hey donkey , PS3 sticks do work in a legacy controller mode. Was using a Mad Catz SCV stick I got as a gift.

Honestly tempted to drop for the MBON Hori, but not sure because I kind of want to play this on a Hitbox.

Yeah, it even has PS3 stick settings

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably going to end up picking this up with a friend. Tried out one or two of the beta periods and was mostly lost but I'm new so that makes sense lol. Any suggestions on a couple good beginner suits? There's like 100+ and outside of the RX-78 who probably is pretty easy to pick up I'm not sure where else to start.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Here's some Excellia gameplay from the weekend:

Probably going to end up picking this up with a friend. Tried out one or two of the beta periods and was mostly lost but I'm new so that makes sense lol. Any suggestions on a couple good beginner suits? There's like 100+ and outside of the RX-78 who probably is pretty easy to pick up I'm not sure where else to start.
Off the top of my head, here are a few good ones to start off with:

- Exia
- Zaku Amazing
- Build Strike
- Gunner Zaku
- I wanna say Forbidden as well.

When you're feeling a bit more comfortable and adventurous, Sinanju, DX and Xi are solid go to's as well. Crossbone X1 is definitely a solid choice for a 2500 cost suit, too.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Don't forget, this is extra day open access weekend for pre-orders, so it'll start in about 6 1/2 hours from now instead of tomorrow.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Two more if you decide to preorder. You can play this coming session and if you like it enough to preorder, you'll immediately be able to play it some more on Sunday.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Man, y'all need to try stargazer. The anti-melee coverage of 5B and the remote mine are so good. Been beating back bael players so easily with it. The powered up BC and burst attack are super stylish and fun too. Love this suit

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I've had such a bad time with both Wing Zeros tonight. I did better once I switched to Sazabi but I still feel like I get hit too much.

Edit: Sometimes I run into people that I just can't shoot no matter how hard I try. I just fought a guy who killed me from full health (650) solo and I didn't get a single hit in. Every single time I landed he was ready punish me yet I could never do the same to him. Hell it felt like he never had to land. I can't tell what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I've had such a bad time with both Wing Zeros tonight. I did better once I switched to Sazabi but I still feel like I get hit too much.

Edit: Sometimes I run into people that I just can't shoot no matter how hard I try. I just fought a guy who killed me from full health (650) solo and I didn't get a single hit in. Every single time I landed he was ready punish me yet I could never do the same to him. Hell it felt like he never had to land. I can't tell what I'm doing wrong.
Seriously I love the game but the I go into these matches more often then not. And get completely steam rolled. Very demoralizing lol. Soo many movement options

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

It's tough when you're playing a vet as they know when to change up their landings, always waiting for simple mistakes, etc. At that point, it's best to just focus on the other player (if possible) to help him lose focus on you just a little.

Also, as a 3000, you're going to get most of the attention anyway as well.

Feel free to post gameplay (if possible) or jump with our discord crew and we could give pointers on helping you improve. ^^

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
T-minus 3 days! One side effect (Positive? Negative?) of playing mbon is that my gunpla wish list is growing haha. Still haven't decided what to build first, but stargazer and red frame custom are now up there.

Last session I definitely got better with zudah. Managing when to kamikaze and whether to use the burst or charged melee version (which has crazy shooting guard) is really engaging and an absolute .... blast... when it's done right. Lookin forward to more splosions come thursday!

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What are y'all popping on your custom soundtracks? I've been making more Gundam Slam Jams since we need more. xD

T-minus 3 days! One side effect (Positive? Negative?) of playing mbon is that my gunpla wish list is growing haha. Still haven't decided what to build first, but stargazer and red frame custom are now up there.

Last session I definitely got better with zudah. Managing when to kamikaze and whether to use the burst or charged melee version (which has crazy shooting guard) is really engaging and an absolute .... blast... when it's done right. Lookin forward to more splosions come thursday!
My goal down the line is to get one of each on my favorites list (if they exist). I do have the following already though:

- HG Zaku Amazing
- RE/100 Efreet Custom
- HG Crossbone X2-Kai

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What are y'all popping on your custom soundtracks? I've been making more Gundam Slam Jams since we need more. xD

My goal down the line is to get one of each on my favorites list (if they exist). I do have the following already though:

- HG Zaku Amazing
- RE/100 Efreet Custom
- HG Crossbone X2-Kai

Lol these are so good. Here I am being basic and thinking of just putting tracks from the shows I like that didn't make it into the full game. I recently discovered this song that played in some kind of special life size Unicorn Gundam light show. I thought it was so beautiful.

Hopefully the full game has at least a couple of songs for each series though.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Lol these are so good. Here I am being basic and thinking of just putting tracks from the shows I like that didn't make it into the full game. I recently discovered this song that played in some kind of special life size Unicorn Gundam light show. I thought it was so beautiful.

That song is from Gundam Narrative

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017

New trailer for the SP content is up! Looks pretty fun, I'll definitely be sinking some time into it

edit: It's gone? Think a comment mentioned some errors, hopefully they'll reupload sometime.

Last edited:
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Thank ya much! I still have a couple more in me before launch, so I'll post those here, too.

And Narrative's... okay. Just watch it to get it off your checklist.

New trailer for the SP content is up! Looks pretty fun, I'll definitely be sinking some time into it

About time they showed something! But like mentioned in the OP, it's essentially the same as EXVS mission mode. I don't remember there being break missions in the previous ones, but good to know it's adding a bit more to the fold in MBON.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I saw the lead up short for Narrative one of the times I went to the DiverCity Gundam Base, but I still haven't seen Narrative... I'm not incredibly excited.

What sucks is they took a bunch of Gundam (including ZZ) off Japanese Netflix. Even worse, Netflix improved their geoblocking again :( Not getting my Gundam content right now.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Has DLC been confirmed? I'd be shocked if we didn't get DLC, but just curious if they've detailed a season pass or something yet. What would you like to see added? I'd imagine there would be a mix of Extreme 2 MS and series firsts.

From Extreme 2:

I'd obviously love to have the Wing Fenice. I just wanna ride around on the wheel.

Knight Gundam. I loved it in Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and it looks real fun here.

latest

Series firsts:
Le Cygne

Gundam Gusion
Gimme that big ol' toad and his giant hammer.

Musha Gundam MK-II
Another DW redesign of an SD gundam I like.
latest

Ghost Gundam
latest

Gundam Astaroth Origin
latest

Woundwort
latest

Erebado
latest

Buster Verde
This will never happen, because it supports the Strike Noir, but it's one of my favorite designs :(
hg-verde-buster-gundam-02.jpg

Midas
latest

Sandhoge
latest

Crane
latest

Chappe
latest

Carmelo
latest

Lalo
latest

Gundam Rose
latest

Pescatore
latest

Zogojuaju
latest

Gump
the_gump__victory_gundam_edition__by_newtypes3-d8732g0.jpg

Haroloader
latest

Beargguy III
latest

Last edited:

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still have to finish putting together my Ez8 gunpla a friend I played Full Boost with sent me lol

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Oh, I guess Bamco doesn't own Advance of Zeta rights, so the chance of getting the Woundwort are even less than I guessed (which was already abysmal).

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a reupload of the SP trailer.

200 missions, RPG mechanics, special mission types? I cant wait.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
donkey EnronERA any mobile suits you're hoping to get added down the line?
Hmmmm... easy answers since they're finished in some form or fashion in other VS games (GVS, EXVS2):

- Wing Fenice
- Maxter
- Pale Rider
- Mudrock Gundam
- Guncannon
- Alvaaron
- Thunderbolt Acguy

As for pie in the sky stuff...

- Unicorn Phenex
phenex_mecha.jpg

- Mercurius/Vayeate
latest
latest

- Abigorbine
mechanics_p_121.png

- Theta Plus
latest

- Quavarze
latest

Last edited:
OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This one is the most surprising to me in terms of not being in a VS game yet. You'd think they would've wanted to push it a few years back.
It's putzing around in the Chinese EXVS mobile game...

Considering Narrative's in EXVS2, it's only a matter of time.