• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
How will that work with digital games? We'll be able to download them on the PS5?

I assume so but they haven't really went into much detail into their backwards compatibility as far as i know. Don't see why it wouldn't work that way. Bamco release a lot of games on the PS4 so you'd hope they would want to be on the ball with backwards compat.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been trying to practice free falls, specifically assist to main, but I can't tell if I'm doing it right. Based on the videos I saw, the input seems to be assist > fuwa > main. But I still feel like I'm falling slowly. It seems safer to just boost dash out of the assist animation and just land normally. Am I doing it wrong?

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been trying to practice free falls, specifically assist to main, but I can't tell if I'm doing it right. Based on the videos I saw, the input seems to be assist > fuwa > main. But I still feel like I'm falling slowly. It seems safer to just boost dash out of the assist animation and just land normally. Am I doing it wrong?
What suit are you playing? Some suits don't have fastfalls. And usually the cancel route is something like assist -> main, jumps aren't put inbetween

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What suit are you playing? Some suits don't have fastfalls. And usually the cancel route is something like assist -> main, jumps aren't put inbetween
So some suits can straight up just assist > main and fall fast? In the video the guy used Unicorn. Not sure if it was its main though. It was some rapid fire shot. He did seem to dash immediately after the assist and before the shot though. I was trying it with multiple suits. Gundam MK II, Taozi, Brave Commander, and Delta Plus.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
So some suits can straight up just assist > main and fall fast? In the video the guy used Unicorn. Not sure if it was its main though. It was some rapid fire shot. He did seem to dash immediately after the assist and before the shot though. I was trying it with multiple suits. Gundam MK II, Taozi, Brave Commander, and Delta Plus.
Not every suit can fastfall, and the routes vary. Unicorn can just do AC->A to fastfall though yeah. Just shoot during the assist call to do it.

Crossbone X2 is a good suit to practice fastfalls with. To do it you just do csA->BC. It's more of a back/support suit, so you can hang behind your partner and do this a lot to make your movement unpredictable.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Not every suit can fastfall, and the routes vary. Unicorn can just do AC->A to fastfall though yeah. Just shoot during the assist call to do it.

Crossbone X2 is a good suit to practice fastfalls with. To do it you just do csA->BC. It's more of a back/support suit, so you can hang behind your partner and do this a lot to make your movement unpredictable.
Oh I see. I noticed it was really easy with Kshatriya. Funnels > A. I really like how it feels. It makes me feel so much less vulnerable when landing. I'll try out X2 and more suits than can do that.

Also, I noticed that either the same people are playing the game or everyone uses the same 10 or so suits.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I see. I noticed it was really easy with Kshatriya. Funnels > A. I really like how it feels. It makes me feel so much less vulnerable when landing. I'll try out X2 and more suits than can do that.

Also, I noticed that either the same people are playing the game or everyone uses the same 10 or so suits.

Everyone is trying out the new suits we didnt have in Vs (spits) or Full Boost. So lots of Bael, lots of Brave Commander, lots of Kampfer....

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Excellia has so many super armor moves, it's pretty ridiculous for a back unit, and I love it.

Aug 9, 2018
Got my ass kicked pretty much the whole time I played today. Find it hard to believe everyone is so much better than me on a game that's never been on console before.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Got my ass kicked pretty much the whole time I played today. Find it hard to believe everyone is so much better than me on a game that's never been on console before.

But only in Japan right?

You might have jumped on some rooms with series veterans, Gundam Versus was on console a couple years ago and the mechanics are overall the same, etc. I'd suggest finding Shuffle rooms as you'll see more widespread experience. Free rooms tend to have people playing with optimized team compositions.

Mr Spasiba

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's endlessly amusing to me that they gave Gundam X the entirety of X dividers move set in addition to its own and have both of them cost the same.

Lockon

Oct 28, 2017
They are streaming about the game now. Not sure if they will announce any new DLC suits. They just finished announcing 2nd anniversary events for Gundam Battle Operation 2 with new suits coming: ZZ and Gaza C.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
They are streaming about the game now. Not sure if they will announce any new DLC suits. They just finished announcing 2nd anniversary events for Gundam Battle Operation 2 with new suits coming: ZZ and Gaza C.

Itsnothing.jpg they mentioned looking into spectator mode and some online changes based on beta feedback, but nothing new really. Here's to hoping for some surprise stuff in the next few weeks before official release.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still holding out hope that we'll get Snow White as DLC eventually. Though it's a toss up on whether it'd come to this or EXVS2, or both.

Hell that official Chinese mobile game got it.

OP
OP
donkey

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm still holding out hope that we'll get Snow White as DLC eventually. Though it's a toss up on whether it'd come to this or EXVS2, or both.

Hell that official Chinese mobile game got it.

It's so dumb, so it needs to be DLC. That game has loads of units not in EXVS yet like Phenex, Moon Gundam and others. Doubt it'll happen though, but at least they can be pulled if need be.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018
I'm becoming ok with heavy arms. Tho one suit killed me in almost 1 combo. Annoying to say the least cuz I can't recover out of it.

Is there a discord channel you guys prefer for Gundam. I quickly going some hard core or Asian ones.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
I'm becoming ok with heavy arms. Tho one suit killed me in almost 1 combo. Annoying to say the least cuz I can't recover out of it.

Is there a discord channel you guys prefer for Gundam. I quickly going some hard core or Asian ones.

We have a discord for ERA, and there's another good NA discord called Extreme Evolution.

gundamERA

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017

Your name looks familiar.. I think I actually played with you? I was running Deathscythe EW, Crossbone X1, and X2 today.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad this is only a couple weeks away from release. Due to work I'm never free to play during the open access D=

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Had some great matches today then a bunch of losses straight near the end lol. I think tomorrow I'm finally gonna try some 3000 cost suits. I've been avoiding them because too much pressure.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man last night finally got to try and was getting my ass kicked around the place lol. At some points i couldnt even get near the enemy online, was quite demoralizing... But regardless i had a ton a fun and felt great the very few matches i was able to pull a win from the jaws of defeat. Cant wait to give this game a proper go with tutorials and all when it finally releases .

Deleted member 66837

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 24, 2020
Hi new to this thread and the game series, I just have a quick question. I'm trying the open access next weekend, but how does the cost list work? Do you just buy units once and have them forever or is there a catch?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I didn't think this would be much of a roster upgrade from PS3's Full Boost & Gundam Versus, but tried the beta and pretty surprised how many new units there are that weren't in those even if like 75% of them are alternate pilot versions of units.

Though looking at the new units list in Extreme Vs 2...I feel like they're really running out of major units to add at this point. Bandai isn't making new Gundam content fast enough to supply this series with substantial unit additions.

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
Hi new to this thread and the game series, I just have a quick question. I'm trying the open access next weekend, but how does the cost list work? Do you just buy units once and have them forever or is there a catch?

lol no. your team has 6000 "points" of cost to use up during the match. If you have 1 3000 cost suit and one 1500 cost suit, and the 1500 suit dies, then you have 4500 more points to give. if the 3000 suit dies next, then your team only has 1500 cost left. however, when the 3000 suit respawns, it will be overcosted - it's health will be reduced proportionately.

ggez.space

Game System – MBON

2v2 3D Arena Fighter MBON is 3D Arena fighter played in teams of 2. Players select a unit from the full roster of 180+ units with preset moveset and weapons and play against another pair of enemies…

Unit Cost System

There are plenty of Mobile Suits in the Gundam franchise, some of which are canonically much stronger than others. The Cost System is a balancing tool introduced to make sure that "weaker" suits have a place on the battlefield.

Every Mobile Suit is assigned one of four costs— 3000, 2500, 2000, or 1500. The higher the cost, the "stronger" the suit is. Higher cost suits typically have stronger weapons, higher performance, and more boost. However, being more powerful comes at a cost.

Each 2v2 team starts with a total team cost of 6000. Once your team cost gauge is depleted, your team loses the match. So if your team has two 1500 cost suits, you can both die a total of 6 times (6×1500=6000), but if your team has two 3000 cost suits, only two deaths will mean game over (3000×2=6000).

"Overcost" occurs when a Mobile Suit is destroyed, and the remaining team cost is a value lower than the cost of the suit that was destroyed . For example, if your 2500 cost partner died once, your remaining team cost would be 3500 (6000-2500=3500). If you are using a 3000 cost suit and you died second, this will leave you with 500 team cost (3500-3000=500), which means you still get to respawn. However, in this situation "Overcost" will kick in, and you will respawn with 500/3000 (one-sxith) of your HP.

To put things simply, more powerful suits come at a price. You will have more survival and offensive tools at your disposal, but the penalty for death is much higher. Understanding the cost system and planning which suits to use, and even the order in which you and your partner die, could mean the difference between victory and defeat.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Beaten but yeah. Think of cost as lives. Low cost suits can afford to die more than high cost suits. But of course high cost suits are far stronger, faster, and bulkier. You'll still be an easy win for the opponent though if you have no idea what you're doing with a 3000 cost suit.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I can't seem to make any of the 00 suits work for me. I don't like how most of them play. Throne seems ok because I like it's many assist options but how the hell does anyone find the time to use the stealth field without getting a beam to the face?

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I can't seem to make any of the 00 suits work for me. I don't like how most of them play. Throne seems ok because I like it's many assist options but how the hell does anyone find the time to use the stealth field without getting a beam to the face?
You can use it whenever your partner is getting their ass beat and they'll drop out of the combo. That's more of a defensive application though.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my 3000 unit quest isn't going well. A lot of them have this ridiculous moveset that I'm unable to wrap my head around when I can't train or anything. Like, I looked at Zabanya's moveset and said "nope." I can't be bothered in the open access. It doesn't help that there isn't a description of what the hell any of the moves even do. I think I'm gonna wait till the full release to get a feel for them. Penelope and Sazabi seemed simple enough at least.

Oct 27, 2017
2 out of 3 (or 3 out of 4... I won ONE, ok!) of my random matches didn't go so well today. Doesn't help that I had the Hamilton soundtrack playing over the PS4 spotify app. I'm gonna go with that haha.